Started to suspect I've been scammed

Overclock.net won't ban him or even let me tell me story on their forum because they have some weird policy of not publishing details of scammers (WTF?).

I went and published my bad review on heatwave.com. Is there anywhere else I can go/anything else I can do to warn people about this guy?

Last edited:
It is honestly hard to get another forum involved. You can talk to chipp and see what he says personally. The other mods aren't going to be much help. But most placed don't like to be dragged into a 2 party problem. Since it didn't happen there to begin with. Kinda like if it happened on OCN and you tried to get him banned here. Good luck.

Overclock.net won't ban him or even let me tell me story on their forum because they have some weird policy of not publishing details of scammers (WTF?).

Chipp is the General Manager of OCN. Here is his link for him. You can tell him I sent you if you like.
Chipp

Ok this guy is now an officially confirmed scumbag.

http://www.overclock.net/t/952542/g...owners-discussion-info-club/550#post_20374804

Unbelievable. Please ban him.

I guess your inferring from that thread that he sold you a known bad board, although since you never received said board, we really dont know.....I agree it looks that way, but that's not really enough evidence to reach a definitive conclusion

I went and published my bad review on heatwave.com. Is there anywhere else I can go/anything else I can do to warn people about this guy?

Heatware is the right thing to do....and just for the record, had you gotten scammed on Overclock.net you would not allowed to tell your story here either....at least not in the TTT forum.

Also,please remember,if we were to ban him right now, any chance that anyone has of communicating with him through this forum goes right out the window.

Yeah I guess that's a good point. Don't ban him for now please.

I don't see how that isn't conclusive evidence, or as conclusive as you can get on the internet, but I suppose there is a remote chance he has two G1s...

Thank you for your feedback.

Update: Called him again today and he called back for the second time ever. I confronted him about it and he tried to pull the "oh you didn't get it yet?" sounding all surprised. I said "please man who are you kidding you didn't send it, I want my money back" and he just said "ok I'm sending it right now." Just looked and my account has no money. I'm guessing he'll block my number now or just never pick up/call back again. SCUM!

Update: Called him again today and he called back for the second time ever. I confronted him about it and he tried to pull the "oh you didn't get it yet?" sounding all surprised. I said "please man who are you kidding you didn't send it, I want my money back" and he just said "ok I'm sending it right now." Just looked and my account has no money. I'm guessing he'll block my number now or just never pick up/call back again. SCUM!

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Filing a Complaint with the IC3

What do we do if it happens at the H? I made the mistake of sending $20.00 on the promise of a MB all done through PM. Yeah, I know how dumb that is ................now, but the H has a long track record of good people and I like to extend trust expecting it to be honored.
How long should someone wait before they start screaming? What is a reasonable time? Days, a week?

nars, if you're talking about [H]ere, the first thing I'd do is start a new thread in Tips/Tricks & Trolls ;)

If not, I'd start that thread in GenMay if I had a subscription (FWIW I don't) since TTT is only for things that happen on [H]ard|Forum.

Yeah, it is on the H. But first I should probably wait. The MB was supposed to be mailed Friday morning, and I have emailed several times with no response.
How long is reasonable?

I would wait until Monday honestly. Since he isn't responding. Has he been online on here and just not responded or not been on here? Then file a claim to get his attention.

Hey d00d..you linked some big old long thread with about 20 different people in it;WHich one is the bad one?
He should be added to Tips,Tricks, and Trolls here.
Right next to Lawrence Mammah,Khalam(not sure if he was over here),and SystemViper.(aka ViperPrime,NightHawk-73)
OK;It's Thorian88 :p

Last edited:
Sad to see people get done like this. Seems he hasn't be back online here. I guess he can be banned and stop others from getting ripped off. Just bad there is realy nothing more that can be done at this point. Just have to wait, watch and listen.

Nah no update. He never sent me anything obv.

Looks like he logged in on 12/12. He didn't reply to my PM or anything. Scumbag...

Back