StarTech Displayport to DVI DUal link adapter... how does it work

MooCow

[H]F Junkie
I went to Microcenter and they have the Dual Llink Active display port to DVI adapter, powered by USB. It looks just like all the other Active DP to DVI adapters.

I connect the adapter to my Display port output on my video card, then take my center monitor DVI cable and connect it to the DVI in side of the adapter. The USB is plugged in to power it. No video..

ITS NOT WORKING... Very frustrated here. ATI utility see's two monitors, but it just can't make out a display. It can't even detect the monitor brand / make/ native resolution.

Very pissed. I want my eyefinity to work. Is it defective? What special steps do I need to do? I went to the website and I have everything connected the way the instructions say so.

The fucking tech "kid" at Microcenter said he was pushing for management to order these adapters. We even spoke about Eyefinity and shit. So we were on the same page. He even asked what video card I had...

What a fucking cock sucking piece of shit. Stupid ass kid just ordered a ton of these for their store up in Patterson, NJ.

Its partially my fault too since I should have checked the list, but he said it would work.

I returned the adapter.

Get this. I went on Microcenter's web site. I placed an online, PICK UP ORDER, for the ACCELL adapter. That adapter has Display port to DVI capabilities. I thought "OH! Well silly me, they had the correct adapter all this time, and its in stock for local in store pickup".

When I got there to pick it up (I drove 25 miles), it wasn't ready yet. I waited for 30 more minutes. And they still didn't have it. They fucked up the inventory system and their in store Accell adapter only has MINI Display Port to DVI... The lady at the pick up desk apologized for the delay and they cancelled my order, but I was still pissed since Microcenter has multiple active DP to DVI adapters in store and in stock, and of all of them, none of them work for Eyefinity.

Microcenter fucked it up. They don't even have the Mini to Regular Display port adapter changers. So much for your 18 minute in store pickup ready guarantee. Your techs are also stupid as fucking shit. Fuck you Microcenter.

Cliffs: Microcenter advertises the correct Accell DP to DVI adapter on website, placed order.
Go to store to pickup.
They said they don't have that model in the store. None.
They canceled my local pickup order
I waited for over 18 minutes.
The Tech I spoke to who originally talked about Eyefinity like he already had it running at home. But I found out he didn't.

I'm tired of these bogus ass mother fucking retail store employees who think they know their shit. Every employee at the Patterson, NJ Microcenter is a dumb fuck and I'm tired of it.

Last edited:
Back