Starship Troopers: Extermination (12-Player Co-op FPS)

SoupyRemoteCoati-size_restricted.gif

desire-to-know-more-intensifies-gif-6.gif

nO3lFt9.gif

Anyone getting Tribes vibes off the gameplay video? If this is Tribes + L4D then I know what game will finally trigger a GPU upgrade...

To be fair, it does not look that graphically advanced, they just nailed the look through art assets.

You don't remember the 2005 Starship Troopers game?

I think that's what he was referring to.

But for a FPS? I think the movie's a fine choice. If you're going to the book, it should probably be a 4x game with real-time jumpsuit missions, either action RTS or first-person squad command-type thing.

I think that's what he was referring to.

But for a FPS? I think the movie's a fine choice. If you're going to the book, it should probably be a 4x game with real-time jumpsuit missions, either action RTS or first-person squad command-type thing.
Yeah my bad, I need to put the sipping cream down.
I'm just hoping they have some Marauders in it .:)

The sad thing is that the RTS that came out not too long ago is also based on the movies.

https://hardforum.com/threads/starship-troopers-terran-command.1990048/
To be fair, I doubt many people are even aware that Starship Troopers the movie, was based on a book to begin with.
Especially since the book was written in 1959.

You can say the same thing for Minority Report (1956) , Blade Runner ( Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?) (1968), The Man In The High Castle (1962) etc. etc.

The sad thing is that the RTS that came out not too long ago is also based on the movies.

I had no idea this was even a thing.

I would like there to be a game based on the book, I think it has a ton of potential. I also think it needs to have a non-Starship Troopers title, like "Heinlein's Terran Federation" or something like that.

It's been 3 hours, how is it?
Its pretty good to me for beta, i enjoy playing, game ran smooth, it had time 1 or 2 bugs bugged out lol, 1 time it crashed in 5-6 hours time, it is very fun to me.

Game is Definity team based game (to me). you have work together otherwise bugs overrun you.

Game is pretty good, i think it could be very good game.

I enjoyed game

i enjoyed enough, im going for round 2 and 3 lol

As a 12 player squad this looks like a lot of fun, I remember seeing the movie in the theater back in the day - everyone laughed so loud when Doogie Howser came on screen in full SS get up

1670009365817.png

i dl'd it last night, might try it this aft/eve or tomorrow. will see if we need a [H] squad....
everyones using the same names as here right!?

i dl'd it last night, might try it this aft/eve or tomorrow. will see if we need a [H] squad....
everyones using the same names as here right!?
my ingame name is thewildgamer. it seem go with name on your steam account, i dont know if you can change your ingame name i will have check on that

Garbage in other words.

Because the movie tried to mock nationalism, patriotism, honor, fraternity, duty, and sacrifice, and ultimately failed, the movie transcended itself. In reality it celebrates all these things and showcases that even in their most immature forms, we like all of that stuff.

Paul Verhoeven is a chump who ironically made Independence Day 2: Space Goo Electric Bugaloo, and everybody who watched it wanted so badly to know more that it's been 25 years and we're still making video games based on it. That's a good thing.

Because the movie tried to mock nationalism, patriotism, honor, fraternity, duty, and sacrifice, and ultimately failed, the movie transcended itself. In reality it celebrates all these things and showcases that even in their most immature forms, we like all of that stuff.

Paul Verhoeven is a chump who ironically made Independence Day 2: Space Goo Electric Bugaloo, and everybody who watched it wanted so badly to know more that it's been 25 years and we're still making video games based on it. That's a good thing.
Imagine how badly hollywierd would mess up The Forever War.

Here's the book for those that don't know what it is.
The Forever War by Joe Haldeman

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I tried beta or whatever it is, and its not that good to me, i didnt play for 2 days due to work, They kicked me out of beta lol. and could careless. less money i want spend lol

Both this and the Robocop game just look like poor facsimile's of their source material.

Throwing a bunch of bugs that are lifeless, barely attack, have poor animations - add generic guns - and base build mechanics - takes an interesting IP and makes it as bland as possible.

Back