Stars Wars Battlefront 2 Trailer with Details

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
This Star Wars Battlefront 2 trailer has a voiceover that explains what is new in this release of the title with some very good breakdowns of the contained content. Now that we have that out of the way, I think we can collectively say together, "Don't eff it up EA."

Check out the video.

Early purchase of the $80 Deluxe version gets you the game 3 days before public release and some other crap of course. Not enough to pull me in. I will wait and see how quickly it drops in price. Even using the Force, I still have no faith. You can see the full breakdown of what the high-dollar edition gets you here.

Not gonna lie. I passed on the first one due to lack of content. I think after watching this video that I'll be buying this one. Frostbite is so nice, I hope it has vulkan + linux.

I've already preordered it. I had fun with the first one even though I felt it was incomplete. This one looks to be everything that the first one was lacking.

Im not really into paying 80 for a freakin' game given that 10 years ago everyone adopted the $60 price tag for games. A lot of companies are going back to the old way of actually including the "DLC" which is nothing more than small updates that may or may not have already been developed for the game anyway. They are merely the "expasion packs" as the days of old where you actually got an addition to the original game.

Dan, your preorder disappoints me. This is ea. We are not trying to encourage them.

I hope this game is great. I just really doubt it will be anything other than another pretty vacant. All flash and no gas.

Im not really into paying 80 for a freakin' game given that 10 years ago everyone adopted the $60 price tag for games. A lot of companies are going back to the old way of actually including the "DLC" which is nothing more than small updates that may or may not have already been developed for the game anyway. They are merely the "expasion packs" as the days of old where you actually got an addition to the original game.

The reason these games don't include dedicated servers and mod tool support is because they don't want people getting content for free when EA can sell 15$ DLC's with 2 new weapons and 3 maps. It really is pathetic.

Dan, your preorder disappoints me. This is ea. We are not trying to encourage them.

I hope this game is great. I just really doubt it will be anything other than another pretty vacant. All flash and no gas.

I know. :( I'm a sucker for Star Wars games though.

After the disappointment that was Battlefield 1 I will be saving my money...

I've already preordered it. I had fun with the first one even though I felt it was incomplete. This one looks to be everything that the first one was lacking.

Yeah, same. Enjoyed the first one despite its flaws and limited content. This one looks way better and I had fun in the closed beta a while back. Single player campaign is also something I'm looking forward to, even if I don't expect it to keep me busy for very long.

I loved the first one. A bit lacking with content, but it was great for what it did have. This one looks like it's going to be pretty damn good. Star Wars is awesome, so that's part of the love for the game.

Not going to pre-order, though. I just can't do it. It's EA, and there will some something that fucks it up. I'll wait for initial reviews before grabbing it on sale.

All I care about is the campaign. That's all i've ever wanted in a "next-gen" Star Wars game which is why I didn't care for Battlefront, and as far as a campaign goes John Boyega wanted one too...

1291937.png

Yeah, same. Enjoyed the first one despite its flaws and limited content. This one looks way better and I had fun in the closed beta a while back. Single player campaign is also something I'm looking forward to, even if I don't expect it to keep me busy for very long.

I also did the closed beta. Unfortunately, there were massive performance issues with it.

The first one kinda felt like a prettier but shallower version of Planetside 2. I played the betas, but it really felt like there was no depth.

All I want is the original Star Wars Battlefront II but with updated graphics and physics. Is that too much to ask for? The star card system in the first remake was shit (I only ever played the demo) and unless it is vastly improved, I won't be buying this one either.

All I want is the original Star Wars Battlefront II but with updated graphics and physics. Is that too much to ask for? The star card system in the first remake was shit (I only ever played the demo) and unless it is vastly improved, I won't be buying this one either.

Did you even watch the trailer OP posted?

20v20 = console crappiness or rather limitations.

It will be another casual shooter. BF1 + Star Wars theme. Good enough. Just don't expect those fighters to handle worth a shit.

Couldn't they actually come up with a unique name or at least Battlefront 3 and 4 instead of reusing the names from what were good games originally?

20v20 = console crappiness or rather limitations.

It will be another casual shooter. BF1 + Star Wars theme. Good enough. Just don't expect those fighters to handle worth a shit.

This was a huge complaint in Battlefront 1. Evidently the people behind the supposedly excellent X-Wing VR addon for Battlefront are behind the ships this time around.

Not gonna lie. I passed on the first one due to lack of content. I think after watching this video that I'll be buying this one. Frostbite is so nice, I hope it has vulkan + linux.
God if only. I'd install Linux and play nothing but Battlefront 2 until more AAA's came along.

But EA isn't about trailblazing.

I gotta say this looks pretty cool, but I've got a strict policy of never pre ordering games. And honestly, I tend to like waiting till all the content is released and buying it at a discount. With that said, whoever said hteyr'e waiting till it's 10 bucks is going to be waiting a long time. The original didn't hit that price for at least 18 months. That said, a Season Pass for the original is currently free on Origin, but you have to buy the ultimate edition to use it. which makes no sense, since that comes with a season pass, AFAICT. I grabbed it and I may grab the original when ultimate goes back to 5 bucks..

I've certainly had fun with Battlefront 1. However, it wasn't worth the original purchase price. It has a lot more content now, but I still felt it was lacking. Battlefront 2 checks off a lot fo boxes on my wishlist of features. I do think 20 vs. 20 is disappointing. Tht's about the only thing I heard that I haven't liked. In the space battles for Battlefront 1, they mixed in AI ships to make it feel less limited and I suspect that EA/DICE will do that here, but that doesn't do anything for ground battles.

This was a huge complaint in Battlefront 1. Evidently the people behind the supposedly excellent X-Wing VR addon for Battlefront are behind the ships this time around.

That's awesome. I gotta say after the recent "This is Start Wars Battlefront 2," this might be a day one buy for me (mostly b/c of the campaign though).

Pre-ordered
Looks like it'll be the defining starwars game.

I know what to expect on the multiplayer front. It's largely similar to the first game. Although, I have no idea what the space combat will be like. What concerns me the most is the length and quality of the single player campaign. I'm hoping it's good. We haven't had a single non-force user focused single player Star Wars experience since Republic Commando that I can recall. It's been way too long.

"I think we can collectively say together, "Don't eff it up EA.""

I think you'll have a better chance laying in your bed before sunrise and saying "Don't you dare come up this morning sun, don't do it".

Back