Stardock preparing to complete with Steam via "Impulse"

Roufuss

Gawd
Apparently Stardock is in the preview stages of their new Digital Distribution client called Impulse. I would link it, but the site seems to be down. Surprised I didn't see this on [H] before.

Stardock claims it will be up and running by April 2008, they have almost every big name PC publisher ready to roll out with, and it's going to be more than just games, it will also be Windows applications and things like that.

Stardock claims that by the end of 2008 they will have gaming parity with D2D and Steam. IMO, they should have taken their small catalog of games and just gone to Steam, rather than further fracture the digital distribution community, but hey, it competes with Steam, and will probably drive down prices all around (hopefully).

I'm a huge fan of Stardock and their anti-DRM stance. It's a shame they don't have many titles because of it. I've purchased many games through Stardock Central.

Hey this is good news I think. I've bought a few Stardock games before and any competition between rivals is good for us gamers.

(Google gives results from February, in case anyone's concerned about April Fool's.)

Cool. :) Stardock has many indie games already available via Stardock Central, hopefully this will help make more people aware of them as well as make more indie devs aware (and, of course, larger game companies!).

Back