starcraft terra nova missions

They are okay. Definitely not a full expansion, hence the pricing (bundle). The coop mission protecting miners is taken right from the nova missions. About 2/5 to 1/2 (I don't recall) of the missions are running with just nova (occasionally, a small team tags along). The rest are standard build a base and win the objective affairs. Final mission is in line with all of the other campaigns' ending missions.

The storyline is not that interesting, and mostly told through cutscenes (so if you really want to see the story, it is completely spelt out on youtube). Then again, Starcraft 2 hasn't been one to tell stories through gameplay or ingame scripts.

It is really more of the same, at a price that reflects how much content you get (assuming the $10 bundle for just the missions is still going around).

I have a nasty habit of editing my posts a lot after the initial submission. I think its quality is on par with regular SC2 missions, but there is just a bit less of it (and the pricing reflects it perfectly - so if you liked the regular campaigns, you are getting your money's worth).

Yeah, I have no regrets over my purchase either.

$7.50 per 3 missions is a little steep, but the $14.99 for all 9 missions I thought was very reasonable.

Note however, I only play SC2 for campaign, never online, especially against another player, so my opinion is biased in favor of SP campaigns

Yeah, I have no regrets over my purchase either.

$7.50 per 3 missions is a little steep, but the $14.99 for all 9 missions I thought was very reasonable.

Note however, I only play SC2 for campaign, never online, especially against another player, so my opinion is biased in favor of SP campaigns
The co-op is worth playing.

I really enjoyed the Nova missions. It is essentially a "mini" expansion pack and is a good value for the price (especially buying all of them together). I find them on the same quality level as elsewhere in Starcraft 2 and its clear that Blizzard is using the Nova missions as a way to further develop the title with new, fun ideas; it isn't just a rehash of previous content (ie the way you upgrade your army and Nova herself is new and different than other parts of the campaign and there are lots of new mods/weapons). These ideas can then be used to spread to other parts of SC2, such as Co-Op missions (Nova herself being a Co-Op commander option, one of the latest co-op missions being inspired by a mission from the Nova pack etc). Its worth mentioning that Nova's story comes latest in the SC2 campaign saga, so playing it before you play Wings of Liberty > Heart of the Swarm > Legacy of the Void etc... may end up giving some spoilers. I

If you enjoy the SP campaign, then getting the Nova package is worth it by far; a nice little mini expansion. I really hope they continue to extend the game this way - I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for new campaigns, as well as things like co-op commanders etc. Oh and I concur with Jeremyshaw, even if you normally don't play SC2 online in the traditional, league matches/multiplayer, there is still great value and lots of other game modes worth playing. From the single player campaigns, to the Co-Op missions (which are always versus the computer scenarios and have their own in-depth parallel play structure, leveling each commander etc), to player-developed mods on the Arcade and more, there is a lot to enjoy.

Back