StarCraft: Remastered Will Be Released on August 14

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The remastered version of StarCraft can be yours on August 14 for $14.99. To celebrate the announcement, Blizzard has released a live-action trailer to promote the impending release. I think they should have just saved their money and uploaded a new gameplay video…

StarCraft: Remastered upgrades the essential sci-fi strategy experience from beginning to end. Welcome back to the original game and its award-winning expansion, StarCraft: Brood War. We’ve remastered our units, buildings, and environments, improved game audio, and broadened our supported resolutions. Illustrated interludes bring the struggles and victories of heroes like Artanis, Fenix, Tassadar, Raynor and Kerrigan to life like never before. Most importantly, the strategy gameplay that StarCraft perfected years ago remains unchanged.

Found this gameplay video on Youtube, Can't wait. Looks like they have updated the unit avatars also, This game is really all I ever need, well this & Diablo :p What is old, is new again!

Also a comparison montage

The best part is that it can seamlessly play with/against people who are running the original game. Despite all the additions to the remaster, they can still talk to each other so it won't fragment the playerbase. Supposedly most custom maps will also work.

it's like whatevs man, blizzard has gone off the deep end after Warcraft 3.

The best part is that it can seamlessly play with/against people who are running the original game. Despite all the additions to the remaster, they can still talk to each other so it won't fragment the playerbase. Supposedly most custom maps will also work.

That actually is very impressive and less than necessary for them to do.

it's like whatevs man, blizzard has gone off the deep end after Warcraft 3.

You mean by secretly creating a remake of a game many people have been asking them to make for a long time now?

I need them to remaster Diablo 1 and I'll be good..

This... so much this.
The original Diablo with its story/atmosphere etc. is still my favourite Blizzard game and generally speaking the Diablo world is my favourite, even if the subsequent games didn't quite capture the magic of the original.

This video was pretty cool though.

I thought the animations were going to get smoothed over, looks like its just a texture and resolution update?

This... so much this.
The original Diablo with its story/atmosphere etc. is still my favourite Blizzard game and generally speaking the Diablo world is my favourite, even if the subsequent games didn't quite capture the magic of the original.

This video was pretty cool though.

Diablo 1 has my favorite atmosphere too. It's just so perfect. I love the style and feel of it.

They had SC 1 units in the campaign of SC 2. They should have just made SC1 in SC 2. I dont understand.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
They had SC 1 units in the campaign of SC 2. They should have just made SC1 in SC 2. I dont understand.
They want to keep the SC as close to the original as possible as the game is still used for competitive gaming all the way to this day.

There is also already a fan made version of SC1 on SC2 engine, look up "Total Recall", assuming it hasn't already been C&D'ed since the last time I checked.

They want to keep the SC as close to the original as possible as the game is still used for competitive gaming all the way to this day.

There is also already a fan made version of SC1 on SC2 engine, look up "Total Recall", assuming it hasn't already been C&D'ed since the last time I checked.

Development interviews said they literally playtested the remaster with pros from South Korea. Not only did everything have to pass the "looks test" ("Can I tell by glancing that's a Battlecruiser/Carrier/Hydralisk/etc?") but also the "feel test." Which meant leaving in things like odd pathing which could technically be considered a bug but was so integral to how the game is played that changing it would alter the feel of the game.

Back