Starcraft Remastered is not free cost $15

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this was known. At least they aren't charging $40 or something, I half expected that from Blizzard.

Although, pre-order bonuses for a game this old is kind of ehh.

$15 isn't bad...it would have been nice to see $15 for new players, and maybe $5-10 for those who already owned the original games though.

$15 is less then I would've initially expected. I figured it would be $20+ if not $30. I think $15 is reasonable for Starcraft and Broodwar remastered.

Any idea if always online is a requirement or if I can play this without internet connection?

Not sure if there is an issue with the recording, or if that is actually what the animations are going to be like, but it definitely is not refreshing even at 60fps. Things are very juttery.

To its credit though, the graphics do look crisp and sharp. Not sure why they didn't bother making it 3D, and just making it precisely on the same plane as the original however. Could of had a much bigger graphics increase while still maintaining the movement fidelity.

That is remastered? Glad they are charging $15.00 then. Hope the Diablo 2 remaster doesn't look that bad but... it probably will. If they only charge $15.00 for that too though, I'd still bite.

I hope D2 makes a come back. I miss that system. They ruined diablo.

Not sure if there is an issue with the recording, or if that is actually what the animations are going to be like, but it definitely is not refreshing even at 60fps. Things are very juttery.

To its credit though, the graphics do look crisp and sharp. Not sure why they didn't bother making it 3D, and just making it precisely on the same plane as the original however. Could of had a much bigger graphics increase while still maintaining the movement fidelity.

That was my initial reaction too, but two things came to mind:

1. They probably wanted to keep things as close to the original SC as possible.

2. There are already fan versions of the entire SC1 campaign modded on SC2 engine, "Total Recall". They even have over the shoulder third person shooter for a couple of the indoor missions as well, though completely optional and you can play it like the original RTS if you want.

The animations need to be exactly the same as the original because a there are extremely precise ways to control units based on the animation.

There are still serious Brood War tournaments and a big community of hardcore players and this is catered towards them. They want to keep the gameplay exactly the same.

Basically all they did was increase the resolution from 640x480 to 4k. They should have jumped straight to 8k IMO. Because there are already 8k monitors out.

Meh, I never liked starcraft. Now if someone would do Warcraft remastered, or C&C I'd be in. I tried playing the old C&C and Red Alert and they keep crashing on a modern computer. It's no fun.

Meh, I never liked starcraft. Now if someone would do Warcraft remastered, or C&C I'd be in. I tried playing the old C&C and Red Alert and they keep crashing on a modern computer. It's no fun.

Never liked Starcraft? What did you PLAY during the 1990s? (Loved Starcraft (and Brood War), but LOATHED BattleNet - my thing was LAN play.) As far as C&C goes, I HATED RA, but loved Generals and ZH - which I still play. (That is despite requiring a hack to play at 1920x1080 - which is rather a pain.)

15 bucks for almost a 20 hour game doesn't seem all that bad. I have people ask 15 bucks for a 2 hour game.

On the flipside, you are paying $15 for HD skin, basically, as the full base game is completely free.

Art looks awesome.

The motion derpiness is by design. They set out to keep all aspects of gameplay the same and they vetted it with pro players.

This is a true remaster: the exact same gameplay just better assets.

Errr, this remastered version is what? Higher resolution? I see no difference in visuals except higher resolution and sound is the same. I don't think that I would pay $15 for a higher resolution of a 20 year old game.
If they updated the visuals and changed the sound, then yeah, sure, even $40.

Errr, this remastered version is what? Higher resolution? I see no difference in visuals except higher resolution and sound is the same. I don't think that I would pay $15 for a higher resolution of a 20 year old game.
If they updated the visuals and changed the sound, then yeah, sure, even $40.

All the art is upgraded, all the sound is. remastered. All the cinematics are re-rendered (I think) and they've added some new format to briefings.

I'm going to buy it in a heartbeat.

Oh God, $15?! This is bullshit. Blizzard? more like Bli$$ard, amirite?

I think I burn through $15 of car fuel in a few days.

I don't think 15$ is expensive, but again, of course there is no way they will just give this Remastered edition for free. That said, I may consider getting this remaster version mostly for old memory sake. What I'm more interested is that whether they will make Diablo 2 Remastered or not. I've heard tons of rumor about this but I haven't heard any official info from Blizzard so far.

I most likely will also buy this, I am a huge sucker for high-res textures on old games so I'd probably at least buy this and D2 remaster, without a doubt.

WC3 I don't know, never played much of it.

I dont give a crap about $15, if my spending $15 on something actually screwed up my bank account then I have bigger problems to worry about.

Looks pretty good. Considering the limitations they have for this (exact same animations and movements) they did a pretty good job of it imo.

Just pre-ordered my digital copy.

I could never get the original to work on Windows 7. The new free download version might be different, but I know when I downloaded the digital copy from my account a couple years ago it just wouldn't ever run correctly.

Just pre-ordered my digital copy.

I could never get the original to work on Windows 7. The new free download version might be different, but I know when I downloaded the digital copy from my account a couple years ago it just wouldn't ever run correctly.

The new one works perfectly, the colors are not messed up anymore! They also updated the battlenet to something a bit more modern. It actually runs your resolution (1080P for me), as seen by the cursor in game, but there are still black borders on the sides.

Well the last time i tried to play it the game was basically unplayable. Most of the GUI buttons and icons weren't displaying correctly and the game kept crashing.

I played a game of vs AI Free for all last night on win 10, no issues whatsoever.

No issues beyond having BCs getting raped by Psionic storms, mind control and Feedback anyway... (Casual player here, having performance being measured in APM is definitely nowhere near in it for me).

I played a few games last night as well on Windows 7. Didn't have any issues either. So happy they've done something about SC on newer operating systems and hardware now.

Back