StarCraft II Budget Exceeds $100m

$100m? Big deal. That's less than 1 month's income from WoW alone (more than 12m subscribers at ~$10 per month each). When a company is making that much a month, I do wonder why more people don't complain about having to pay for expansions, and why do people put up with server queues? With that income why would there ever.. EVER be a queue? Also, why is SC2 going to cost $60 now? What happened to the semi-traditional $50 price point?

Let me fix that for you.

$100m? Big deal. That's less than 1 month's income from WoW alone (more than 12m subscribers at ~$15 per month each). When a company is making that much a month, I do wonder why more people don't complain about having to pay for expansions, and why do people put up with server queues? With that income why would there ever.. EVER be a queue? Also, why is SC2 going to cost $60 now? What happened to the semi-traditional $50 price point?

"OP"? :confused:

...sorry

If your gonna join the Blizz fanclub you gotta learn the lingo. Words I've come to know and love from using Blizzard over the year.

Nerf
OP
Dupe (from Diablo 1)
oh...and the blue post (devoloper posts).

That's a lot of money for a graphically updated Starcraft and a downgraded Battle.net

So thats $99 million of champange and and hos.

Pretty much this.

One of HuskyStarcraft's arguments: We know battle.net goes down...all servers do, no surprise. So what happens if you're at a LAN, all playing your legit accounts, and battle.net goes down. Then what are all the 100+ people going to do?

Lots of people from Teamliquid (Biggest SC community) are just planning on maybe not buying it and 1star rating it on every site they can.
Also, no chat rooms...wtf?
Facebook integration? Gee that's exactly what we needed.
No custom games?

Fucking activision. Activision (and also EA) absolutely drive me crazy.

Pretty much this.

One of HuskyStarcraft's arguments: We know battle.net goes down...all servers do, no surprise. So what happens if you're at a LAN, all playing your legit accounts, and battle.net goes down. Then what are all the 100+ people going to do?

Lots of people from Teamliquid (Biggest SC community) are just planning on maybe not buying it and 1star rating it on every site they can.
No custom games?

You are jumping to conclusions without all the facts. The main reason they have left some of this stuff out of the games is that most likely it will be added to battle.net. So you will have friends and chat options in battle.net and then pick games you want to go into. So far we have only had access to the beta and only rumors what the final battle.net is going to look like when it is finished.

What do you mean no custom games? I have already played in a few custom games.

The LAN option is a bit sad, but other companies have done similar things and at all the lan parties I have been to so far, it hasn't been a problem. Just create your own games that only the local lan people can use. It sucks you have to authenticate to the B.Net server, but it isn't that bad. So far the multiplayer has been pretty quick and responsive in the Beta. Interesting to see how it responds with the on rush of new players at launch.

1 star rating a game just because the lack of a few features when the game itself adds a lot and is phenomenal is a bit ignorant. How are you gonig to 1 star rate a game without even playing it? And your little rebellion is not going to mean much when millions of other people 5 star rate the game because of how well they have made it.

my problem is why the hell wouldn't you put this in? hardly changes your budget or anything else!

Because SC1 is the most widely pirated game in existence and 90% of the people pirating it just play with friends on lans.

Wonder if the S.Koreans are going to have a big shindigg for the release. I should look around, seeing as I'll be here in Korea for the release.

Pretty much this.

No custom games?

I played in the beta so I wasn't expecting what would be when the final product was out but is that what you say true that there will be no chat rooms?

And your little rebellion is not going to mean much when millions of other people 5 star rate the game because of how well they have made it.

Ummm, look at what "little rebellions" did to supreme commander 2, which was like $7 on Steam Sale within a few months of coming out. I'm pretty sure I cost them a fair amount of sales with all the negative reviews I wrote, including the top one on amazon. The people pissed at SC2 are a lot more numerous and rabid than I am. They can do some damage.

Ummm, look at what "little rebellions" did to supreme commander 2, which was like $7 on Steam Sale within a few months of coming out. I'm pretty sure I cost them a fair amount of sales with all the negative reviews I wrote, including the top one on amazon. The people pissed at SC2 are a lot more numerous and rabid than I am. They can do some damage.

How about we make a bet on how much of an impact the few problems people have with SC2 will have an impact on the overall reviews and sales? You can go ahead and names the stakes here.

Back