Starcraft II $45 (Pre-Order)

even if you get the digital copy you cannot register and officially play it until 10am on the morning of the 27th

if you go to gamestop for midnight release you can get it and start playing immediately ... very weird and annoying considering i would rather just get digital copy.

How does this compare to the K-mart deal where you get a $20 credit? Can that credit be applied to the game or only if your buying two copies?

The 20 credit at Kmart is applied to a future game purchase, so if you bought 2 starcrafts on seperate transactions the second one could be 20 off.

For all who ordered from Dell: Anyone get a shipping confirmation yet? I have heard that pre-orders from gamestop have shipped.

The 20 credit at Kmart is applied to a future game purchase, so if you bought 2 starcrafts on seperate transactions the second one could be 20 off.

For all who ordered from Dell: Anyone get a shipping confirmation yet? I have heard that pre-orders from gamestop have shipped.

i got confirmation around 2:30 pm est from dell that it shipped

eta 7/28/10

The men in brown just dropped off my copy. Box is all smashed up. Not sure what Dell was thinking with a pad less shipper, but the CD and key are still in good shape. I would have been angry, had I ordered a collectors edition.

The men in brown just dropped off my copy. Box is all smashed up. Not sure what Dell was thinking with a pad less shipper, but the CD and key are still in good shape. I would have been angry, had I ordered a collectors edition.
mine actually arrived yesterday. I was quite pleased. Didn't get to play though, so instead I just typed the key into battle.net and downloaded the game. I don't want to run the risk of having to fish out the DVD to play. ANybody know if the dvd is required to play if we install from the dvd?

It is bizarre packaging.....like a 2-dimensional box :) My game box was fairly beat up as well.

I also got my bing cashback email finally. Makes the game about $40.

got mine on launch day...same crappy wrapper...but all that matters is the key. And no, you don't need the disk since you log into b.net to play.

This is the terran campaign but if you log onto b.net you can play as any of the three races?

I went ahead and picked up a CE for myself and im going to be selling my vanilla Dell PreOrder to a friend i hope it arrives in one piece :( on the up side i received my Bing cashback notification today.

Mine showed up a couple days ago. Same crappy package as everyone. It's in good shape tho, box wasn't even damage. My BCB came in too. SC2 for $40.. not a bad deal.

Mine finally came yesterday in a stupid envelope box was crushed called to bitch and all they could do is send a replacement which would take up to 8 business days with no guarantee it wouldn't be in the same shitty condition. Asked my friend i was going to sell it to what he wanted to do he doesnt care about boxes so he went ahead and bought it from me in the condition it was in. Chalk it up to mean never order a game from Dell (actually never order from dell period).

Also what the hell is up with Blizzard not including a game case for the freaking normal edition? They spend money on the stupid notepad and the full color cards for the trials but cant drop the 10-15 cents needed for a DVD case or even CD Jewel case? I mean the game is $60! it should have a full color manual (CE manual is still black and white) and a case. Or at least do the same thing you did with the original StarCrafts B&W manual and have back story and lore in it. Guess im getting old an crotchety and expecting game companys to put some effort in their release, anyone remember the good ole days when we got real manuals it was the main reason i bought Homeworld was the huge guidebook that had a ton of story elements in it. Since they have gone to the smaller boxes they seem to have stopped trying unless you buy an overly expensive Collectors Edition where you get stuff that used to be standard in the regular release.

I dont see what the big deal is. I bought this for the license key not for the box/manual that I'll never read. I had predownloaded and installed the game off of battle.net site well before i got the package.

The second i got my hands on the package i cracked it open, linked the key to my battle.net account and was good to go.

Hell, blizzard could have accidentally forgotten to include a disc in my box, and i would not have known it. Nor will i know it because i have no clue where i put my box at this point

Paper sleeves are fine, may games ship with simple paper sleeve these days. WOW did for example.
Saves space in those tiny game boxes.
Manuals are irrelevant, you can get that information and more online.

Box came in envelope as well, no damage, perfect condition *shrug*.

Last edited:
Back