Starcraft II $39.99

I've had my eyes on this ever since a hard forum member referred to that link. I am not sure if it is legit though. Will check tomorrow.

Hopefully some of you guys can call kmart and ask if this deal is legit. (I am deaf, so no calling).

I'll stop by sunday morning, but in that blog no mention of the deal. ctrl+f pn the past 3 pages, nothing but mentions in their little gamer interviews.

Hope its legit, been holding out on SCII since I just got my PC up and running with my upgrades

Last time walmart had this deal, the one near my house didn't even slel starcraft >.>

It's legitimate and they've sent out more copies to stores but I'd still try to get there as soon as you can Sunday if you really want it because there might not be that many to go around.

I'll stop by sunday morning, but in that blog no mention of the deal. ctrl+f pn the past 3 pages, nothing but mentions in their little gamer interviews.

Hope its legit, been holding out on SCII since I just got my PC up and running with my upgrades

http://twitter.com/kmartgamer

Starcraft II discounted to $39.99 next week! Checkout the blog for further details. http://bit.ly/d7bFxN
about 3 hours ago via web

The link leads to Kmartgamer blog: http://blogs.mykmart.com/2010/09/terran-sized-discount.html#tp

"Kmart is pleased to announce that starting tomorrow, September 5th through September 11th, the long awaited Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty for PC will be discounted to $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)."

Appears to be B&M only. :(

Now I have to buy a $200 taser just to go into Kmart to buy a $40 copy of SC2. Damn.

Im pretty sure no one that shops at the local Kmart even has a PC. I feel pretty confident I can pick one of these copies up tomorrow.

Im pretty sure no one that shops at the local Kmart even has a PC. I feel pretty confident I can pick one of these copies up tomorrow.

Meh, even if Kmart sells out of these, you can always just take the ad into another store like Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or Target and have them price match for you. No one should really have a problem picking this up for $39.99 IMO.

Meh, even if Kmart sells out of these, you can always just take the ad into another store like Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or Target and have them price match for you. No one should really have a problem picking this up for $39.99 IMO.

Good point if true!

We used to have a kmart in my city but they closed up like 6 years ago or so. Now the closest one is about 30 miles away, I wonder if my local bestbuy will price match it still. Hmm.

Wow this gives me a reason to step foot in a Kmart for the first time in six years.

I've been holding off buying SC2 until there was a deal. I didn't expect it this soon, but hey I'm not complaining. :D

Our local kmart is fubared. When the xbox 360 originals went on sale for $150 about a week later I went there. They were marked $199. The manager said their store wasn't participating in that sale. Lol. Screw kmart.

just so you guys know I believe this will work at sears too, since they've merged .

1) Not available at Sears
2) Not printed in the actual KMart ad so it's quite YMMV on price matching (do other stores accept a blog post of all things for that?)

Some slickdealers have been saying that you should print out the mykmart page that says the $39.99 price just in case you run into KMART staff who ring it up at full price. I think that's a wise precaution.

The last time when there was the $20 off future purchase coupon, some one went around to all the Kmart in the Denver area and bought every copy. He said it was for his friends but I'm sure at lease some of those ended up on Ebay.

you can pricematch if they put it in the sunday sales paper, otherwise no. I also cannot find any online ads at that price.

I'll be stopping by one in the morning, hope they even have some. I was at walmart a few days ago and they had maybe 5 boxes in the case. They put them all in separate rows instead of one so they were all spread out. I dont expect kmart to have more than a few for some reason.

GF just picked up the last one for me @ the Pleasant Hill Kmart. :p

Well I'm in the Denver area and my experience with this hasn't been good. I went to the store closest to me first thing in the morning and there was one copy. It rang up at 59.99, but yesterday someone printed out the blog post and brought it to the store and asked the person that work there to hold a copy. The clerk took the printed blog post from the other customer to the manager to see if she lower the price but she wouldn't. He told me to come back later in the day to see if the price change.

I just called again and now there's a different clerk, who think the game is called StarTrek, she told me the deal is online only. I called three other store and experienced the same thing, whoever is manning the electronic desk don't even know they carry it or think it either call Star War or Star Trek, the two store that know about it told me the deal is online only. The online blog post said it's supposed to be in store and nation wide. Sigh, with all the hassle and driving around (all the Kmart around here are more than 10 miles from me), it probably easier to just buy it at $59.99.

no dice for me either. Kmart didn't even have pc games and the deal isn't wort it to drive around to the next kmart.

Guess I'll just wit for an online deal, I hate deal hunting out int he real world.

Well I'm in the Denver area and my experience with this hasn't been good. I went to the store closest to me first thing in the morning and there was one copy. It rang up at 59.99, but yesterday someone printed out the blog post and brought it to the store and asked the person that work there to hold a copy. The clerk took the printed blog post from the other customer to the manager to see if she lower the price but she wouldn't. He told me to come back later in the day to see if the price change.

I just called again and now there's a different clerk, who think the game is called StarTrek, she told me the deal is online only. I called three other store and experienced the same thing, whoever is manning the electronic desk don't even know they carry it or think it either call Star War or Star Trek, the two store that know about it told me the deal is online only. The online blog post said it's supposed to be in store and nation wide. Sigh, with all the hassle and driving around (all the Kmart around here are more than 10 miles from me), it probably easier to just buy it at $59.99.

No go for me either, 3.20$ a gallon, and my car does about 12.5 miles per gallon.

Will sit this one out.

Yeah the kmart closest to me closed so the nearest one was 8 miles away, after that add 5+ for each one. I can get one new on craigslist for $45, but I'll just wait for a better deal. Too bad it wasn't in their sunday ad.

Kmart by my place had them in stock for $40 this morning. The clerk was giving out rain checks, they'll call when it's in sometime next week.

edit: This is in Portland btw.

I can't believe Kmart is even still in business let alone carrying SC2

The funny thing is that many Kmarts do not carry PC games BUT do have SC2 in stock! Or rather did at this point ;)

Only upgrade from an A6 2.7 Twin Turbo would be an A8, which I can't afford.

I'm sure you meant downgrade.

No go for me either, 3.20$ a gallon, and my car does about 12.5 miles per gallon.

Will sit this one out.

Good lord man, 12.5mpg? My old Z28 got better city mileage than that... and I don't think I have to tell you how much more power it had than a stock A6...

Only upgrade from an A6 2.7 Twin Turbo would be an A8, which I can't afford.

I'm sure you meant downgrade.

There are plenty of upgrades between a 6+ year old A6 (if memory serves, they stopped making the 2.7T in 2004, unless you drive a station wagon) and a new A8 (if that's what you were referring to). A 2005 A6, for example, is much cheaper than a 2010 A8 and would be considdered an upgrade. However, if you are looking for an upgrade (assuming you take upgrade to mean an increase in power, luxory and prestige) which also increases gas mileage, they exist as well.

The first thing that comes to mind is the upcoming Tesla Model S. It books about the same as a new A6 (after tax credit), has a better 0-60 time and is purely electric. There ya go. More power, luxory is about the same, and arguably more prestige (going green is all the rage! lol). On top of that, you get much greater efficiency (costs a lot less to operate per mile).

That's assuming gas mileage is important to you, which it very well may not be. However, if that were the case, I don't think you would have cited that as the sole reason for not picking up the game in your earlier post. That leads me to believe that mileage is at least a little important to you, and is something that upgrading to an S6 or an A8 isn't going to help (so you have to ask, for you, how much of an upgrade is it really?).

Just throwing that out there. :)

Good lord man, 12.5mpg? My old Z28 got better city mileage than that... and I don't think I have to tell you how much more power it had than a stock A6...

There are plenty of upgrades between a 6+ year old A6 (if memory serves, they stopped making the 2.7T in 2004, unless you drive a station wagon) and a new A8 (if that's what you were referring to). A 2005 A6, for example, is much cheaper than a 2010 A8 and would be considdered an upgrade. However, if you are looking for an upgrade (assuming you take upgrade to mean an increase in power, luxory and prestige) which also increases gas mileage, they exist as well.

The first thing that comes to mind is the upcoming Tesla Model S. It books about the same as a new A6 (after tax credit), has a better 0-60 time and is purely electric. There ya go. More power, luxory is about the same, and arguably more prestige (going green is all the rage! lol). On top of that, you get much greater efficiency (costs a lot less to operate per mile).

That's assuming gas mileage is important to you, which it very well may not be. However, if that were the case, I don't think you would have cited that as the sole reason for not picking up the game in your earlier post. That leads me to believe that mileage is at least a little important to you, and is something that upgrading to an S6 or an A8 isn't going to help (so you have to ask, for you, how much of an upgrade is it really?).

Just throwing that out there. :)

How long does it take to charge the new S though?

If mileage was so important to him anyways, he'd be driving a prius if he has enough $$ to be driving an Audi. (Those fucking Prius' are expensive man!)

Back