Starcraft Battle.net problem

Hi guys,

My brother is trying to play his girlfriend on Starcraft through Battle.net and they're having problems. He is on a wireless connection (Comcast Cable) with an old 1GHz Pentium and she is also using a wireless connection (DSL) with a similar computer, but she is in Lansing, Michigan and we're in Chicago. I have the box in my signature (on the same connection as my brother). If he starts a game, I can join, and if I start a game, he can join (through Battle.net).
HOWEVER, if she starts a game, neither of us can join and if he or I start a game, she can't join. The message that Battle.net gives us is that the latency is too high, but we are perfectly able to join other games available on the US East server.

Here's my guess: It's not a hardware issue, because they all run the game fine and network latency shouldn't be an issue because we're all using high speed internet. She also tells me that the signal from her wireless router is very strong to her computer (she's even put it right next to it and we still can't join each other's games). It may be that there is a firewall on her router that won't let her connect to us and vice versa. Unfortunately, I do not know any way of testing this because I can't go to her place to check the settings. Does this sound like a logical reason for the problem or am I way off? I know DSL modems also have their own kind of security in addition to the router's firewall that could be messing things up. Is there anything else that could possibly be causing these problems that you all can think of? Throw anything out there because I don't know how to fix this.

What's her wireless modem/router? I'm assuming it's a router, and you will therefore have to forward the ports that Starcraft uses, which is 6112-6119 TCP and UDP.
You'll also have to add Starcraft to the software firewall she has, which is probably just the standard Windows one.
If she is using a wireless D-Link router, there's a good chance that Starcraft will not work with it, due to the way D-Links utilize port forwarding on a lot of their models.

Back