StarCraft and Brood Wars now free from Blizzard

thx. i think i might still have my cdkey memorized from installing it so many times back in the day

Just started playing it for the first time last night. RTS is the one genre I never got into growing up, but I'm giving it a chance this time with one of the classics. Really enjoying the Terran campaign so far.

Just started playing it for the first time last night. RTS is the one genre I never got into growing up, but I'm giving it a chance this time with one of the classics. Really enjoying the Terran campaign so far.

It's honestly one of the best ones to start with. If you end up wanting more, I would recommend Red Alert 2.

I installed it, and while it runs, holy moly is it showing it's age. It's super blurry on a 4K display (and hueg lol), and the mouse moves weirdly where I didn't seem to have good control. The AI in random games is also still zerg-o-matic even with Protoss.

I installed it, and while it runs, holy moly is it showing it's age. It's super blurry on a 4K display (and hueg lol), and the mouse moves weirdly where I didn't seem to have good control. The AI in random games is also still zerg-o-matic even with Protoss.
It does look like it's being upscaled with bilinear filtering. We still have the remastered version to look forward to in the coming months, though.

Been up til 2AM the last two nights playing. I did this wayyyyyy too often with this game back in middle school in the late 90s and into the early 00's.

Absolutely cannot wait for the remastered one. The few screenshots they have up on Starcraft.com look perfect to me. Still has the old feel but considerably less shitty looking on modern resolutions.

Back