Starcraft 2 gameplay videos!

*edit*
nevermind, looks great

you didn't link to a video, just the main page, didn't see the sidebar with the sc2 vids you where talking about

Wow was that awsome. The gameplay looks really sweet.

I like how units "charge" the enemy when they encounter them. It looks really cool.

Also giving jetpacks to marines was kinda funny :D

Those aren't marines, they are "reapers". The only new unit Blizzard showed for Terran.

Son of a BITCH!
I found my broodwars disc, but I cant find the Starcraft CD. (Found the box, but its empty :( )

I REALLY want to play SC again. :(

I guess i could reinstall Diablo II..... *sigh*

I want to cry.

Man that looks great. They do need to revise the bottom bar though, it looks stretched or something. I just hope I can run it at 30+ FPS on high on my machine when it comes out, if not, I guess it'll be the first time I upgrade for a game

I like the models, but the combat looked really dull until I saw the Zerg swarm and the large robots with laser beams. Still, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes are a lot more entertaining to watch. Where's the explosions, where's the bloodstained, body-littered, crater-filled, dynamic battlefield? I want to see all of those Zerg in a huge, bloody pile. Better yet, I want to see them getting tossed into the air. I hope they add some eye candy for people with high-end systems because this game looks a generation behind.

Son of a BITCH!
I found my broodwars disc, but I cant find the Starcraft CD. (Found the box, but its empty :( )

I REALLY want to play SC again. :(

I guess i could reinstall Diablo II..... *sigh*

I want to cry.

Same here, I gotta find my discs :D!

just release the demo!!

the more features and map and fluff they add the more bugs its gonna get. just give us the demo :(

Ya a demo would rock...I don't get why more big games don't go ahead and release tons of early demos. It isn't like it would hurt the end product :confused:

Ya a demo would rock...I don't get why more big games don't go ahead and release tons of early demos. It isn't like it would hurt the end product :confused:

I'd imagine it ruins the surprise/fun element when you go and buy the game. If you download every demo like every day or every week of one game, you'd get sick of it and won't go out and buy it

I'd imagine it ruins the surprise/fun element when you go and buy the game. If you download every demo like every day or every week of one game, you'd get sick of it and won't go out and buy it

you shouldnt get sick of a game just by playing the demo, if you do its a bad game for your pref. then.

take the BF1942 demo instance that was probly one of the best demo's ive ever played and had tons of replay just in the demo alone. but really thats what a game company needs to try and achieve.

Demos for competitive games are generally a bad idea. The amount of idiocy and bitching it will cause over "zomg item x is broken as all hell" will really prevent them on polishing the game, because they will be stuck on balancing it with way to many people (most of them chuckle heads who really don't know how to play it in the first place) tossing in advice on how they think the final product should be.

Also releasing a demo can cost sales, or even ruin a franchise.

Case in point Tribes Vengence. It wasn't a bad game, but you were a fucking idiot if you liked tribes and bought it after playing the demo, because it just wasn't tribes. Hence most of the community didn't buy it and the game died, taking the franchise with it.

Sales can be lost as well. Lots of die hard Unreal Tournament players didn't like Unreal Tournament 2003. When UT 2004 came out people realized from the demo it was like UT 2003, and not UT99 and thus didn't buy the game.

On the other hand look at Quake4. The game sucked, I mean stank to high hell. It was a pile of crap compared to Quake 3. But they were smart and didn't release a demo, so people (like me) were stupid and bought it thinking it would be like Quake3. Had they released a demo nobody would have wasted their cash on it.

Starcraft is to large of a title to risk a demo on, except maybe a locked beta for the top players.

Demos for competitive games are generally a bad idea. The amount of idiocy and bitching it will cause over "zomg item x is broken as all hell" will really prevent them on polishing the game, because they will be stuck on balancing it with way to many people (most of them chuckle heads who really don't know how to play it in the first place) tossing in advice on how they think the final product should be.

Also releasing a demo can cost sales, or even ruin a franchise.

Case in point Tribes Vengence. It wasn't a bad game, but you were a fucking idiot if you liked tribes and bought it after playing the demo, because it just wasn't tribes. Hence most of the community didn't buy it and the game died, taking the franchise with it.

Sales can be lost as well. Lots of die hard Unreal Tournament players didn't like Unreal Tournament 2003. When UT 2004 came out people realized from the demo it was like UT 2003, and not UT99 and thus didn't buy the game.

On the other hand look at Quake4. The game sucked, I mean stank to high hell. It was a pile of crap compared to Quake 3. But they were smart and didn't release a demo, so people (like me) were stupid and bought it thinking it would be like Quake3. Had they released a demo nobody would have wasted their cash on it. I still feel like a retard for purchasing that.

Starcraft is to large of a title to risk a demo on, except maybe a locked beta for the top players.

"We stand as one!"
"Get someone new to write the dialogue!"

"By your will!"
"Lose the moronic, overused echoing-voice effects!"

"Our fury is boundless!"
"Jesus christ, my aesthetic sensibilities, my self-respect, shattered!"

The imbecilic unit voice script would be enough to piss me off royally, regardless of how good the game might be. I'm over to petitiononline to set us up some sort of signature base to get game designers to try and retain some dignity when producing this stuff, why not. Invalids.

"We stand as one!"

"By your will!"

"Our fury is boundless!"

The imbecilic unit voice script would be enough to piss me off royally, regardless of how good the game might be. I'm over to petitiononline to set us up some sort of signature base to get game designers to try and retain some dignity when producing this stuff, why not. Invalids.

LOL, man, you have never played the original when it was out, have you? It's SUPPOSED to be like that :p. P.S. Online petitions don't do anything but waste your time :).

LOL, man, you have never played the original when it was out, have you? It's SUPPOSED to be like that :p. P.S. Online petitions don't do anything but waste your time :).

Yeah, I wasn't being serious. I was using that to illustrate my disgust at the complete lack of ingenuity/dignity/integrity/anything interesting in the videos.

THese videos are also at the starcraft official website.
I think the issue people have with the official site video downloads is that you need to use blizzard bittorent client to download them, which a lot of people dislike.

Overall it's another starcraft. Hooray. I am a bit dissapointed though. I am a person who plays little of protoss, to me that video showed one new terran unit, one new metamorphasis of a zergling and like 10 new protoss units and abilities. It seems to me they just worked on the protoss the whole time. The whole demo was protoss. It's still a demo and they didn't show everything, at least that is my hope. Where are the new units for the zerg and terran? It would have been nice for them just to showcase a few at the end of that live demo, or the very least show that they have worked on something for the others. I'm pleased what tehy did with the protoss, now why not the same consideration for the other two races?

Overall it's another starcraft. Hooray. I am a bit dissapointed though. I am a person who plays little of protoss, to me that video showed one new terran unit, one new metamorphasis of a zergling and like 10 new protoss units and abilities. It seems to me they just worked on the protoss the whole time. The whole demo was protoss. It's still a demo and they didn't show everything, at least that is my hope. Where are the new units for the zerg and terran? It would have been nice for them just to showcase a few at the end of that live demo, or the very least show that they have worked on something for the others. I'm pleased what tehy did with the protoss, now why not the same consideration for the other two races?

I'm pretty sure they will slowly reveal all the races new units in the next 3-4 months.... They couldn't just give EVERYTHING about the game away at one time. This will keep the excitement up for people, and keep everyone talking. I'm sure the new Terran and Zerg units are not going to disappoint. So don't sweat it man :cool:

need bigger versions of those videos ><. they also speak of 'large armies' a lot, but i dont see any :(, after playing Sup Com large armies are really large....
PS: Korean protoss, wtf.

"We stand as one!"

"By your will!"

"Our fury is boundless!"

The voice scripts for the characters are supposed to be cheesy. Did you play Warcraft 3? If you clicked on the charcter's picture a bunch of times they would say something funny.

Back