Starcraft 2 download is slow...

cxz001

Limp Gawd
So I bought the digital thing from battle.net, but it is really slow... 350kb /s... Anyway I can download it elsewhere faster?? I need the US client.

You can probably find it off a torrent site. And no, before you kneejerk pussywhipped lemonscented antipiracy folks light your torches and grab your pitchforks, I'm not suggesting this as a means of pirating the game but as a means of legitimately acquiring the client.

Make sure you turn off peer-to-peer (believe thats the option) on the blizzard downloader. It went from 8 hours to 3.

I had peer to peer checked on and it said 8 hours. Turned it off, said 4 - 5 hours.

I absolutely detest Blizzards stupid P2P patching/download system. With the amount of money they make, there is no excuse not to use better direct download methods.

Like these other gentlemen, I too unchecked P2P download, their torrent is uber slow, and power underwhelming.

It downloaded twice as fast with P2P disabled, with it disabled, you are just directly downloading it from their servers. BTW, it's not so much the download speed of the torrent that's killer, it's the upload speed.

Hope that helps.

I absolutely detest Blizzards stupid P2P patching/download system. With the amount of money they make, there is no excuse not to use better direct download methods.
I think it's great. More companies should use BitTorrent. With a game like StarCraft 2 or World of Warcraft, P2P downloading is essential as direct HTTP downloading would overwhelm the servers with a million+ people grabbing the same file. P2P allows for much faster downloading in busy situations.

I think these slow downloads people are having might be because of closed ports. I've never had an issue getting fast speeds with Blizzard's P2P downloader as long as the ports were open.

P2P was screaming fast for me in beta and at launch but I know some people had issues with it.

Back