Starcraft 2 Beta Key : Free with Pre-Order @ Gamestop!

Schweet ! just stopped by Gamestop B&M and got my Beta key. I preordered CE at store on the 10th. Downloading now. :D

Probably. I saw one yesterday, for a split-second, with some guy trying to sell five of them. <shrug>

I really wish I'd gone ahead and cancelled my CE order so I could use the 25% code, though. Once you get the beta key, the order apparently is locked in...ah, well.

Did anyone magically get another one? I had ordered 2 copies the other day...and got my email last night with the 2 codes. Today, I got sent another email with another code.

Did anyone magically get another one? I had ordered 2 copies the other day...and got my email last night with the 2 codes. Today, I got sent another email with another code.

I'll take that spare off your hands, sir.

You can order it online, and set it for instore pickup (including the beta key). That way they don't charge you for it until after you forget to pick up the game, and then only $5. I'll be dropping by tomorrow evening to pick mine up.

Sorry :) I gave it to a friend who was on the fence of pre-ordering. I'll keep it in mind if I magically get another though.

You can order it online, and set it for instore pickup (including the beta key). That way they don't charge you for it until after you forget to pick up the game, and then only $5. I'll be dropping by tomorrow evening to pick mine up.

I don't know about you guys but the 25OFF promo DID NOT WORK for me when I chose in-store pickup. It kept removing the coupon..then I finally realized that and chose delivery and the coupon worked.

Well...

Went into the store for the pre-order deal... Awesome... 5 bucks when bidding used to be like 600 for a beta key!

Did you all know your deposits are COMPLETELY REFUNDABLE!!! Thats right! You can go in the next day and cancle! I had no idea... and keep the key!

Seriously... this is awesome. I used to avoid gamestop like the plague! Now.. maybe I will give it a thought or two...

Someone I know preordered the game on game stops website today, a day after i preordered mine and he received the key within 5 min, I on the other hand am still waiting... this blows!

I went to a store and pre-ordered the normal version there, got 2 keys printed on receipt :)

pfftt i dont know why i preordered for a key. lol, the hype i tell you.

Gah! I can't believe I missed this...I really want the collector's edition, but it's not worth $100 to me...$75, yes...sigh.

I just ordered a copy thinking it would give me a beta key :(. I guess I have to wait till Monday now?

Anyone else just order in the last 30 mins and get a key yet?

Last edited:
Playing the BETA for the past few days made me realize how little I miss annoying zerg rushes who claim to have "skill".... :/

Playing the BETA for the past few days made me realize how little I miss annoying zerg rushes who claim to have "skill".... :/

lmao I been playing & have been fun doing protos cannon rush's.. Very efective especially against terrans..

Zerg is currently bugged, and you end up with people rushing with 12 lings at 2-3 minutes into the game. No 1v1 for me until that gets fixed.

I got 2 codes in store printed out on my receipt. I already gave the second one away so don't nobody go askin for it.

Fully paid for the CE, got the code, and played all night. Thanks OP, would have not seen this otherwise.

Zerg is currently bugged, and you end up with people rushing with 12 lings at 2-3 minutes into the game. No 1v1 for me until that gets fixed.

That explains a whole lot...lmao. I just kept think "I used to Zerg rush but damn, I don't remember getting hoards of lings that fast..."

re-installing fixed that for me.

i've reinstalled, redownloaded the original installation package, installed again, disabled firewall and anti virus, and it still loops. It says Starcraft II v.0.2.0.13891 and it seems as though it is downloading patch 10 (version 0.12.0.15133).

loopity loop loop. it gets done and then doesn't even close the updater. It even says the patch was successful and then it starts right back at 0%.

i've reinstalled, redownloaded the original installation package, installed again, disabled firewall and anti virus, and it still loops. It says Starcraft II v.0.2.0.13891 and it seems as though it is downloading patch 10 (version 0.12.0.15133).

loopity loop loop. it gets done and then doesn't even close the updater. It even says the patch was successful and then it starts right back at 0%.

I will warn you that it did it to me for about 30 minutes but the code number changed each loop. I say give it a minute and if it is over an hour, then I would worry.

If anyone is having trouble with the updater not downloading (on a college campus that blocks torrents, for example) grab the .zip files for the patches here:
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=24038734094&sid=5000

If you download the .zip, open it up and go into the folder 'Updates', copy the patch file there, and paste it into the updates folder in your sc2 install directory. You can do this for all the patches so when you run the patcher it'll just patch everything back-to-back without having to download anything. I don't think update 10 is up yet but it's only a 10mb file or so.

hey everyone who wants to play together pm me
I just got my key today also, have not played sc in 12 years.

I suppose I should jump on this but I've already given away the original two beta keys that I had. All I really want is the single player and TD maps and maybe even a DotA port :(

In for one

Pre ordered while I was trading in some stuff.

Key was printed on the receipt.

Back