Starcraft 2 Beta Key : Free with Pre-Order @ Gamestop!

Relax, Bliz is just doing some maintenance. You can't expect the game to work well in Beta, that's why its still in beta. Problems eventually will get ironed out. Hopefully they will enable 3v3 and 4v4 soon.

I know it's beta and I expect problems. I just wanted to confirm it is a temporary issue and make sure Bliz didn't turn off the servers. I could care less about my rank being reset as long as I can play some matches. Hopefully it's back up by the time I get home. If not, tomorrow i give it another shot.

Just got my key. My brother got in on the opt in and gave it to me. I'll let my friend use that one I guess and use this on my own battle net account.

conviently....my gamestop's printer wasn't "correctly printing" beta keys today. i was told to come back in the morning

Just a heads up, I think if you pre-order the collector's edition in the store then you get two beta keys. At least that's what I have on my receipt.

I've been in the beta since the first week but whatever, more love to spread around to my friends. The only downside is that BNet has been completely screwed up since this weekend. I'd hate for this to be the first impression for so many people, given the fact that BNet has functioned great up until Saturday. The update patch can't come soon enough.

i pre ordered the CE and only got one key while my friend pre ordered the regular one and got two keys. so i dont know...

Just got mine, took alittle over 8 hrs to get it from gamestop. Only got 1 key. Not a big deal, happy to get the beta....

Hey everyone.
Just got back from Gamestop. I preordered the normal game for 5 bucks then decided to preorder the collectors edition instead so I ended up exchanging the normal preorder.
After all was said and done I left with 3 keys.
Give it a shot if you got some buddies that want to play but can't afford it.
Hope this helps someone. :)

goes up and down, probably with all the new players the pre-order is bringing in... liking the updates, not that much different from the original, just have to get used to the new hotkeys and the counters for each unit... great game...

OMG

TOOK ME hours to get the sc2 beta keys from the store, they told me what am I talking about?? I told them about the deal online and I was suppose to pick it up and blah blah blah I had to go home print out the screen shots and the actual page to get it. I then had to wait for hours to talk to the manager so they can call the top management at the state to confirm blah blah blah @#$#@

I finally got IT THOUGH
UGH
so much work!!!!
It also took me hours on the phone to get the order correct and change the shipping and talk to them about my beta key.. and also the discounts didn't really take... @#$#@$# never order from gamestop again!!

but after all the hardwork
I am also willing to help out fellow hard members, just pm me, I'll let the beta keys go for cheap.

Hardocp has helped me over the years, and I am willing to help out the members too.
pm me.

5 hours in one day is a little too much in one day if you ask me ;)

haha, just got excited... i used to play this game for 8+ hours a day back in high school, got pretty good at it... now i get owned at the beginner level lol... reflexes slowing down on my micro...

Dunno if this has been posted, but I preordered the CE from Amazon when it was first announced and I just got a key in my email too.

Dunno if this has been posted, but I preordered the CE from Amazon when it was first announced and I just got a key in my email too.

Yup, a few friends of mine just emailed to let me know they got theirs through Amazon.

I order everything through Amazon, but the only reason I'm keeping my Gamestop preorder is for the midnight launch. I'm getting this game ASAP. :)

Has anyone walked into their Gamestop, placed a $5 preorder, and got their beta key on the spot? Or is it mailed regardless..

Has anyone walked into their Gamestop, placed a $5 preorder, and got their beta key on the spot? Or is it mailed regardless..

You'll get it right away printed at the bottom of the receipt. However, in store keys are limited vs online which is unlimited so far

In store, some gamestop locations only had 10 keys, some had 50 keys. What most people are doing is preordering in store and they're not going to bother picking it up and just losing $5.

If you order online, they haven't run out of keys yet as of now, you will be fully charged for the game and you can't cancel it.

Has anyone got their key from preordering online yet? Just curious, I haven't seen mine yet.

I walked into a gamestop yesterday after dinner and pre-ordered and got a key printed on my receipt no problem. Went home, put in the key, and was able to download the client with no issues. So assuming they do have keys available it works like a champ.

The guy behind me at gamestop came in for the same thing. :D

In store, some gamestop locations only had 10 keys, some had 50 keys. What most people are doing is preordering in store and they're not going to bother picking it up and just losing $5.

If you order online, they haven't run out of keys yet as of now, you will be fully charged for the game and you can't cancel it.

This is what I did... Traded in some old games also and was able to put it towards the $5 preorder...

Got key on the spot and downloaded beta last night and played it for a bit....still as fun as i remember :D

It's been like 17 hours since I ordered, no key and no charge on my CC yet. I figured they would have at least charged my CC by now lol.

I got my 2 keys at around 2am this morning from an order I placed yesterday around 12 PDT for reference.

Mine just arrived, but only 1 key for an order of 2 copies. Might have to keep this a secret from roommate until it's all sorted out. ;D

just to let everyone know that 25OFF cannot be used on the CE, even if the cart is over $100

I got my key just a bit ago via email... ordered like 22 hours ago maybe.

It was iffy for me - I'd try once and it'd apply, then I'd try again with the same cart contents and it wouldn't.

I've tried that multiple times, no go.

Gamestop has added the "This product is not eligible for %-off discount offers"

Only reason I wanted the CE was for the art book, none of the other stuff interests me....vanilla for me

Damn I so want to play this but it may very well be may before I get my internets started at my new place.

There really is no point in not getting CE if it's available. Selling the WoW pet alone will probably recoup at least half the cost of the game TBH.

Well, ordered the CE at 10 AM CST yesterday, still don't have a key.

The site said "business day", so I figured by 5 pm today which is the normal EOD for places I know.

Back