Starcraft 2 Beta Key : Free with Pre-Order @ Gamestop!

This is seriously awesome, i couldnt believe it! Now we can all play! I was getting so jealous reading the beta thread!

Oh and if you hate the beta just dont pick up your copy when it comes in, sounds like a win win - $5 for a couple months of gaming, decent.

i guess this might be the only reason to preorder now...

Last edited:
umm wtf I pre-order two copy a couple of weeks ago and didn't get anything... I am calling up game stop right now.

Reserve StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and receive an invitation to the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta. Available online and in-store while supplies last. Once you recieve your Beta Code your order cannot be canceled.

Online Customers (web delivery): A code and instructions on how to join the beta will be emailed within 1 business day of when your order was placed.

In-Store Pickup Customers: Please wait 24 hours after your order is placed, then proceed to your store to pick up your beta code.

Store Customers: A beta code will be printed on your pre-order receipt.

EDIT!

Just called and I am getting 2 more keys tonight, the Gamestop rep said they will start emailingthem out at 11 CST tonight!

Last edited:
But they have them if you stop in and pre-order? Don't want to wait until 11

Same here I already preordered last week when they posted up the Collectors Edition up for preorder. Would be nice if I could get a beta key. Guess I'll go ask them.

do we get the key instantly if we do store pickup on the website? is that for only B&M preorders?

Same here I already preordered last week when they posted up the Collectors Edition up for preorder. Would be nice if I could get a beta key. Guess I'll go ask them.

I just talked to a Gamestop rep, who said keys will start being emailed out from Gamestop at 11PM CST. I pre-order 2 Collectors edition back on 4/9. He said that as long as my pre-order was still open or processing (which it is) that I would be eligible for the keys.

However my pre-order is for 182.57 and with the new 25% off code I could get em $171, but it seems I can cancel my pre-order anymore and I haven't even received my keys...

Free three-day shipping for online orders on top of the beta key...so unless you have to have it THAT %#&^&! DAY you don't have to soil your shoes by setting foot inside a Gamestop. For me, bonus. :) (EDIT: of course, now that I went and ordered the CE, I fully expect it to be delayed ad infinitum for some supply-related reason...but hey.)

Last edited:
Thanks!!!

Given Activision-Blizzard's recent track record though........

"Blizzard has announced release date of May 31 and beta servers will be going down April 25!"

I wouldn't be suprised if something like this happened. Still, preordering a game that I was going to buy anyway does me no harm. I'll pick one up on the way home tonight!

Thanks!!!

Given Activision-Blizzard's recent track record though........

"Blizzard has announced release date of May 31 and beta servers will be going down April 25!"

I wouldn't be suprised if something like this happened. Still, preordering a game that I was going to buy anyway does me no harm. I'll pick one up on the way home tonight!

Did I miss something in the fine print? I didn't know these dates had been released.

Last I knew they hadn't, buuuut BotD's point was that it would be typically Murphy if something like that happened in the next...oh, thirty-six hours? (And I just jinxed it.)

...yes please?

On a related note, I guess it's time to preorder a collector's edition.

It's just 25OFF

This is 25% off of $100 or less, so you need a filler and that usually adds about $5 handling charge... Fatwallet has 3% cashback as well.

Well if you pre-order something else, you'll probably avoid the handling charge.

Last edited:
Someone beat me to the code. I just ordered 2 copies of the game, came to:

Subtotal: $89.98
Estimated Tax: $5.40
Handling: $4.49
Total: $95.38

Although they didn't actually charge me for handling.

Ah, they beat me to the code. I'm still debating whether or not to try to find some cheap filler for this (and probably jump through hoops canceling my existing order).

Ah, they beat me to the code. I'm still debating whether or not to try to find some cheap filler for this (and probably jump through hoops canceling my existing order).

Yeah, so I just discovered. Well, time to go shopping.

omg its true! i just called gamestop and they said if you pre-order it puts the code on your receipt. im going at lunch.

Also the guy said he was calling people that already pre-ordered it so they can get their codes

Now if you go online and order to pick up in store, do you still get the 25% off online ordering with in store pickup AND get the beta code e-mailed to you? I am going to order 2 copies of the CE. I prefer to do in store but 25% is a good discount for the online portion. (Sorry if I seem totally confused on something that may be very simple.)

Just tried this, they printed the code on my receipt!

Does me starting this thread make up for my years of trolling?

I just pre-ordered online a bit ago. Has anyone had a code emailed to them yet?

brick and mortar store is the way to go i just walked in no one in the store preorderd for $5
got my code on my receipt and added it to my battle.net account from my phone.

now i have SC2 beta access yay !

fyi, if you took advantage of the 20% coupon a few weeks ago, you also get a beta key in the mail, i just checked my mail and received a beta key for that preorder.

Anyone want to dish their beta key this way? (of course, incase you already have one for whatever reason). :)

Back