Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Limited Pre-Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the WAR collectors edition, that was the last time I spring for something like that. You got a cool art book, a crappy unpainted mini and a comic book, along with the usual in-game crap. I dont mind spending on in-game stuff or DLC, but the extra physical items are useless.

I'm sure those CE boxes will end up at $300+ once they sell out at official sources.

Thank you for fixing the all capitalized title. That was driving me nuts.

Ha ha I copy and pasted it from the Origin website. I realized it was in capitals after I starting responding back to people. Was too late then!

:)

I bought the WAR collectors edition, that was the last time I spring for something like that. You got a cool art book, a crappy unpainted mini and a comic book, along with the usual in-game crap. I dont mind spending on in-game stuff or DLC, but the extra physical items are useless.

I'm sure those CE boxes will end up at $300+ once they sell out at official sources.

Well, Amazon and Origin are already sold out of the CE. It looks like Gamestop is the only channel left now.

From Amazon's page:

Due to overwhelming demand, we have unfortunately run out of our allocation for Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle. We are looking to secure more allocation from the publisher and will update this page when that occurs. Thank you for your patience. May the Force be with you.

Well, Amazon and Origin are already sold out of the CE. It looks like Gamestop is the only channel left now.

From Amazon's page:

Due to overwhelming demand, we have unfortunately run out of our allocation for Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle. We are looking to secure more allocation from the publisher and will update this page when that occurs. Thank you for your patience. May the Force be with you.

wow that was fast haha, glad i got my pre order in of the CE, its cost is way more than i was hoping it would be but meh its the old republic :) I have bought a few CE's in the past that I wished i didnt buy after the fact, like bioshock 2 CE, yes i bought it and i felt bad once i got it haha still havent even played it ether

but this i dont see my self regrting it

oh man i cant wait feel like a kid in a candy store waiting at the check out line

Anyone get their confirmation code to redeem on the swtor site yet? I know the digital pre-orders already got their code but I ordered the physical copy and haven't gotten anything.

Anyone get their confirmation code to redeem on the swtor site yet? I know the digital pre-orders already got their code but I ordered the physical copy and haven't gotten anything.

I got mine from Amazon in a separate email sent at the same time as my pre-order confirmation. Where did you pre-order from?

Ordered my CE from gamestop.com

Them and bestbuy are really really slow at getting the codes out...wait 24 hours first like the pre-order page on gamestop.com says before making a fuss...just how gamestop rolls :p

I got mine from Amazon in a separate email sent at the same time as my pre-order confirmation. Where did you pre-order from?

Ordered the CE from both amazon and gamestop (I'm a sick man, I know :D) but haven't received anything from either.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot my amazon account was on a different email. I got it, woot.

Not available in my region? What a load of BS.

I want to play too.

I could order it through a proxy, but then I suppose I won't be able to download and play the game client without a proxy too, eh? What do you guys think? Worthwhile to pre-order and run the risk of not being able to run the client? Or won't it be a problem?

Last edited:
Not available in my region? What a load of BS.

I want to play too.

I could order it through a proxy, but then I suppose I won't be able to download and play the game client without a proxy too, eh? What do you guys think? Worthwhile to pre-order and run the risk of not being able to run the client? Or won't it be a problem?

They've said there is no IP/regional blocking. If you can get a copy of the game, you can play on any available server.

They've said there is no IP/regional blocking. If you can get a copy of the game, you can play on any available server.

Great news, thanks! Went ahead and placed my pre-order!

EDIT: Just ordered, said I was likely to receive my pre-order. Got my confirmation email and then immediately got an email saying it was cancelled. No reason given.

Tried again - happened again. Two orders confirmed and then cancelled. What is EA trying to tell me?

Last edited:

EDIT: Just ordered, said I was likely to receive my pre-order. Got my confirmation email and then immediately got an email saying it was cancelled. No reason given.

Tried again - happened again. Two orders confirmed and then cancelled. What is EA trying to tell me?

Not sure, I went through Amazon and they sent my key instantly with the confirmaton email.

Yep, ended up getting the standard edition on Amazon. None of the digital goodies, but oh well.

I had this same problem. It's gonna be one of the following, if you don't have enough funds for the full price of the game, or more likely it's because your not entering your info EXACTLY. Happened to me 4 times, talked to someone on the phone after the first 2 failed attempts. I had used w for west and dr for drive. They told me to type it out, needs to be exact. Tried 2 more times doing that, still didn't work. So I called my cards 1-888 number and asked what I had put exactly for my billing address, ended up being w. and dr. hahaha. As soon as I did that it worked.

I had this same problem. It's gonna be one of the following, if you don't have enough funds for the full price of the game, or more likely it's because your not entering your info EXACTLY. Happened to me 4 times, talked to someone on the phone after the first 2 failed attempts. I had used w for west and dr for drive. They told me to type it out, needs to be exact. Tried 2 more times doing that, still didn't work. So I called my cards 1-888 number and asked what I had put exactly for my billing address, ended up being w. and dr. hahaha. As soon as I did that it worked.

Ahhh... that could have been it. I was using "St" for Street. not sure what the exact info in my card is, but I already ordered the standard edition from Amazon.

Random luck. On my lunch yesterday I was thinking "Man I'm bored with wow... maybe I'll preorder tor..." Go to amazon, get CE. Didn't even realize it was just announced yesterday.

But got my code and looking forward to the game. Now if I could only get the beta test scanner to run...

I also got the Collectors Edition for the exclusive vendor that will only be available to those that purchased the CE version. If it has anything that would be unique to the game, weather it be cosmetic or just an item, people will rage over it. Which is the reaction I'll be expecting. It'll be priceless :p.

Random luck. On my lunch yesterday I was thinking "Man I'm bored with wow... maybe I'll preorder tor..." Go to amazon, get CE. Didn't even realize it was just announced yesterday.

But got my code and looking forward to the game. Now if I could only get the beta test scanner to run...

Try IE or Firefox to get that scanner to run

I think Amazon has the CE back in stock. Well it let me put it in my cart and get the the pay screen. I didn't try to actually "buy" it though.

Ordered the CE from bestbuy.

I figured in a couple of years i'll sell it and some sucker will pay a fortune for it. Hell people are still buying Vanilla WoW collectors editions for hundreds of dollars.

Ordered the CE from bestbuy.

I figured in a couple of years i'll sell it and some sucker will pay a fortune for it. Hell people are still buying Vanilla WoW collectors editions for hundreds of dollars.

WoW (vanilla, not hte later CE's) is the ONLY mmo CE that's worth anything.

Age of Conan
Warhammer

Both of their "CE's" Sold out before release, then what happened? Suddenly stores had more of them lining the shelves and a few months later they were dirt cheap.

For those of you that odn't know, it's a simple selling tactic.

EA is limiting stock so that many stores get "Sold out" which creates a panic an dpeople think "oh man, it'll be worth something then, I want one!" and people snag up all they can.

Then they release more stock to stores.

It's just a way to make extra bank, the only way it'll be worth ANYTHINg is if there is a LIMIT to them, likle the limited version of WoW's CE. However there likely isn't (why limit something that people are willing to pay 150 bucks for? Ea want sto make money, and you can sure as shit bet they'll make more CE's if people are willing to fork over that much).

Why in the hell would I pre-order a game with no release date? To dress up EA's financials this quarter?

Rumor is the collectors is at 50k copies which if true will bring these quite a bit in value. I think they really want the collectors to have some value since even ingame only collectors can access vip shops so they probably know they can sell more but at the same time they will keep it limited since they will make bank on just the regular edition at $60 and the IP alone.

i managed to get me CE from amazon, stoked about when these early play dates will start

After watching that new Q&A. People who get the collectors edition will have an area WITH the vendor that only CE people will be able to get too.

Also the color stone that you get for the CE, will be a yellow crystal, but will glow black and have special effects?

some good info in that Q&A

Rumor is the collectors is at 50k copies which if true will bring these quite a bit in value. I think they really want the collectors to have some value since even ingame only collectors can access vip shops so they probably know they can sell more but at the same time they will keep it limited since they will make bank on just the regular edition at $60 and the IP alone.

If they are selling out more, any decent business man (which EA makes good use of) will tell them to make more CE's if people buy them, it's costing them no where NEAR 150 to make and they are making a lot of money on it compared to the vanilla/deluxe version.

They'd be shooting themselves int he foot to say "ok, we can just stop production and not sell more of thees and make a zillion dollars, or we can carefully roll out more and more stock as stores sell out over time to release to make it seem likle we have a limited stock and people keep buying them."

IF they haven't said it was limited, or posted anything about the edition size, it's likely NOT limited at all, just like about every other CE released these days, from mmo's, to regular games (look at the Halo CE's, Gears of War ce's, etc).

Well it states right in their pre order that quantities are limited.

Get early access to Star Wars: The Old Republic. Pre-order Now.

The wait is over. Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is now available for pre-order. Order now to lock in your Early Game Access.

QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED

Woot, got my CE Preorder key registered finally. Actually have an extra early access key too because I went to a local Gamestop while at work and got them to print me out a code after I showed them my gamestop.com receipt. :p

I also got the Collectors Edition for the exclusive vendor that will only be available to those that purchased the CE version. If it has anything that would be unique to the game, weather it be cosmetic or just an item, people will rage over it. Which is the reaction I'll be expecting. It'll be priceless :p.

Haha you should go to the official forums....There are sooo many rage posts....

Haha you should go to the official forums....There are sooo many rage posts....

OMG I'm reading one thread and crying real tears. Epic Lulz on the Bioware forums!

One guy is like I didn't want it. Like page 7 his is letting the others know that he can't upgrade his order and is mad. I must continue reading to see if he blows his top eventually. Thread is like 40 pages now and it was at 36 when I started reading it lol. This is like an internet soap opera for nerds.

Here is the link.

Well I ordered my CE today from gamestop in canada but was told that they wont have the pre order early accedss codes till a few weeks before launch. Is it really a first come first serve system where those that register last will get in last?

Gah, gonna phone the head office and bitch them out till I get a pre order/code emailed to me

Only thing I am jealous of from the CE is the security authenticator. Would be nice if spending $60 for the standard edition it was included. One would think that EA would include these to avoid the fallout of the sure to happen security issues.

OMG I'm reading one thread and crying real tears. Epic Lulz on the Bioware forums!

One guy is like I didn't want it. Like page 7 his is letting the others know that he can't upgrade his order and is mad. I must continue reading to see if he blows his top eventually. Thread is like 40 pages now and it was at 36 when I started reading it lol. This is like an internet soap opera for nerds.

Here is the link.

Jesus... what a bunch of quivering vaginas in that thread you linked. The entitlement issues a few of the people in that thread have is almost mind boggling. So, Joe Money pays $150 for the CE, but Timothy the Welfare recipient thinks he should be entitled to the same things because otherwise it isn't fair. Fuck you Timothy. Life isn't fair.

I still can't believe I pre-ordered the collectors edition. Seeing how it's already sold out makes my glad I ordered before I went to work. But Jesus $150! That's the most I have ever spend on a game in my life. If this wasn't a bioware game I wouldn't have ever pre-ordered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back