Status
Not open for further replies.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Collector's from Amazon.

Regular version on Amazon

Origin Store has them all

**Special Alert**

Special note on preordering from Origin. The FAQ page says that a small deposit will be charged then the full amount when the game is released. Origin charges your credit card for the full amount; not the preorder amount that they list on their page.

For example it seems that to preorder the Collector's Edition a $20 fee will be assessed to your credit card and $129 when the game is released. This is false. You will be charged the full amount the second you click buy.

Just a heads up. Now off to the bank to move funds into my internet purchases account before this overdraft spoils my joy.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Got 2x Collector's Editions from amazon (separate accounts), apparrently headstart/etc. will be limited to early code entries. Codes were emailed to me instantly and I popped them in :). Debating whether I'll actually keep the CE orders or go for standard editions in a few, the price is sky-high on them ($150!).

Well you get to keep your character when the game launches on the 31st of December so that's pretty cool!

Well regardless you get to play the Early Access until the release date. Then transition into the main game with those same characters. Wonder if there is a level cap for the Early Access.

Well redeemed my preorder code already so I don't get the 404 screen from everyone doing the same tomorrow.

:)

I'll probably grab GW:2 also at some point. My nephews aren't into pvp; well they die inside if another player owns them. It's pretty sad to watch grown men hold back tears. Ha ha!

The early access is typically a few days before the launch of the game.

Woot in for the CE threw origin.

I assume it will be like Warcraft, you get access, then all the items come in the mail later.

Cannot wait!

150 USD for a MMO? Hell no I'm paying for it... before I see such game. Actually, I'm never again buying MMO before it gets few month of being live and most of the bugs are corrected. :)

YESSSSSS! FINALLY! I've been waiting years for this game, and I gave up on beta after months of waiting for the email. I checked today and whoosh, here it is! Thanks I am in for a collectors edition. This game is going to ROCK, plus they've spent tons of money AND TIME so it's (more than likely) not going to suck that much. I loved SWG, but hated when they changed it. Hopefully this new game will rock our socks, even people like me that aren't diehard starwars nerds will enjoy this game from what ive seen :D

cant waittt for prerelease day!!!! :D :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
150 bucks for collectors ? wow. Holy Crap.
Remember who the taget audience is.
YESSSSSS! FINALLY! I've been waiting years for this game, and I gave up on beta after months of waiting for the email. I checked today and whoosh, here it is! Thanks I am in for a collectors edition. This game is going to ROCK, plus they've spent tons of money AND TIME so it's (more than likely) not going to suck that much. I loved SWG, but hated when they changed it. Hopefully this new game will rock our socks, even people like me that aren't diehard starwars nerds will enjoy this game from what ive seen :D

cant waittt for prerelease day!!!! :D :D
^^^^

Some people are willing to pay big bucks to play with a wookiee.

I bit on the digital deluxe version on Origin. My wife won't let me pay $150 :(

I almost got the full on CE edition but I figure I'd be able to grab the security token at launch and all the other physical "collectables" wont help me in gameplay even if they are sorta cool to have so I went with the Digital Deluxe for the in-game perks.

What I really wanted to see is a Lifetime subscription / CE version so I could just pay up front but then have every single bonus and never have to worry about a monthly payment.

It would be expensive but over the long run I normally sty in a MMO for 3-5 years so at $15 a month anything under $540 I'd come out ahead so a $300 lifetime sub version wouldn't be horrible and I'd probably ebay the figure for some money back too.

I talked to an EA rep about the full price being charged instead of the preorder amount. They said your bank account will be preauthorized for the full amount for a period of 6 business days. After 6 business days, the rest of the order will be released back to you.

For the example of the Collector's Edition, I got charged $160 because of $20 preorder, $129 rest due, and $10 tax. After 6 business days $129 will be released back to my financial institution. Which isn't explained on the Order or FAQ page at all.

EA rep I talked to was very smug about the whole ordeal. Told me that I should have had the money in the account before I preordered it and blamed me for not knowing what I was getting into. I only keep X amount of money in my internet purchasing account because of a previous attempt to drain my bank account before. I haven't seen anywhere on the FAQ page where I was supposed to be charged anymore than $20.

YMMV ordering directly from Origin.

I just went with Amazon. No funds hitting my bank account and I get early access anyway to the game when it allows it (Gamestop does this as well). I'll bypass Origins "smug" pre-order process - thank you very much for the information. If I don't like the game, cancel my pre-order and voila. I don't need to worry about any smug representatives talking to me like a child.

Ordered mine from amazon as well. I looked at the other sites to see what there release dates were and Target and walmart didn't even have the product listed when I searched.

yea its gonna be november..i think its pretty obvious now

beta 'weekends' in sept..give 'em a month to work out the bugs for a clean launch in november

btw, i'm not preordering...i have no desire to power level in this game and if i preorder, and get the head start, i'll feel like i'm in a race..LOL

just gonna run with the herd on day 2...

gratz to all of you who preorder though...save some mobs for me !!!

150 USD for a MMO? Hell no I'm paying for it... before I see such game. Actually, I'm never again buying MMO before it gets few month of being live and most of the bugs are corrected. :)

I've been down that road. That being said, 150 $ is a ballsy price for a company to charge for their collectors edition.

I've been down that road. That being said, 150 $ is a ballsy price for a company to charge for their collectors edition.

Yeah it is but I remember pre-ordering KoTorR jsut to get a wee lil lightsaber keychain and it was maybe $10 more.

With Origin selling out of the pre-orders already they really are limited collector's editions and for Star Wars people are always willing to be a bit stupid with funds.

At least if it is selling this good it will help show demand to EA and the analyists that demand is strong and overall the more people that want in the game the better as long as launch is good like how Rift was.

It might be worth buying one and holding it for a while just so you can sell it later for 10x the price like some WoW collector's edition CDs go for.

Yeah it is but I remember pre-ordering KoTorR jsut to get a wee lil lightsaber keychain and it was maybe $10 more.

With Origin selling out of the pre-orders already they really are limited collector's editions and for Star Wars people are always willing to be a bit stupid with funds.

At least if it is selling this good it will help show demand to EA and the analyists that demand is strong and overall the more people that want in the game the better as long as launch is good like how Rift was.

There are also people buying more that 1 ce to sell one later down the road. That imo is ballsy. If the game flops your stuck with a $150 paper wieght.

There are also people buying more that 1 ce to sell one later down the road. That imo is ballsy. If the game flops your stuck with a $150 paper wieght.

yeah, I know I'd never do that, but I have friends who have turned a profit off of buying CEs. Craziness

The only CE's that have usually been worth anything post-launch of the game have been WoW.

Almost all other Ce's for mmo's have failed bit time and been dirt cheap later on, IE Age of Conan, Warhammer, etc.

MMOs are so hit/miss, there's no way I'd pay more than $35 as a starting cost. I'd think Warhammer Online is proof that just because EA is dumping money into a game and has a good IP, that doesn't mean the game will be fun or successful. (and considering Mythic got incorporated into SWTOR development, you could even say the devs are similar.)

I'm also more skeptical the higher that initial fee goes. I'm no economist, but I'd think a higher starting fee shows lack of confidence in monthly-retention. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
But look at the list of games which offered ~$200 lifetime subscriptions: LOTRO? Free now. Champions online? Free now. Hellgate london? Died. APB? Died. Star Trek Online? Awful and might as well be dead. (Also DC Universe, but I've never played it so can't judge.) Granted, you could argue that all MMOs have pretty much failed in the last 6 years, lifetime subscription or not, but I think that doesn't do much to justify a $150 initial fee either.

Well, I'm typically not a huge MMO fan and really only enjoyed Guild Wars and Age of Conan to any extent. I'm going to give this game a try because it's BioWare and because it's Star Wars.

MMOs are so hit/miss, there's no way I'd pay more than $35 as a starting cost. I'd think Warhammer Online is proof that just because EA is dumping money into a game and has a good IP, that doesn't mean the game will be fun or successful. (and considering Mythic got incorporated into SWTOR development, you could even say the devs are similar.)

I'm also more skeptical the higher that initial fee goes. I'm no economist, but I'd think a higher starting fee shows lack of confidence in monthly-retention. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
But look at the list of games which offered ~$200 lifetime subscriptions: LOTRO? Free now. Champions online? Free now. Hellgate london? Died. APB? Died. Star Trek Online? Awful and might as well be dead. (Also DC Universe, but I've never played it so can't judge.) Granted, you could argue that all MMOs have pretty much failed in the last 6 years, lifetime subscription or not, but I think that doesn't do much to justify a $150 initial fee either.

I actually really enjoyed Warhammer, as broken as it was. IF they had the server strength to make their endgame work at launch it might have been a worthwhile game

$150.00 is a little much IMO. The authenticator is cool I guess. I wonder though. Can you make your own USB authenticator?

any other game it would be ballsy, but its star wars. even 30 years later people still eat up anything they sell like candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back