Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser

they didn't show much but at least it's something...the new lightsaber design is strange...Daisy Ridley looks great as Leia's daughter...she definitiely looks like a young Carrie Fisher

I have a huge chubby of that lightsaber with bladed handguard/ energy vents. Maybe it's a Sith relic from Old Republic or even earlier.

Also, there are tons of racist youtube comments about the black storm trooper. But how do we even know he's a storm trooper anyway, and not just wearing some salvaged armor.

Pretty darn good Teaser, back to watching it over and over.

I have a huge chubby of that lightsaber with bladed handguard/ energy vents. Maybe it's a Sith relic from Old Republic or even earlier.

Also, there are tons of racist youtube comments about the black storm trooper. But how do we even know he's a storm trooper anyway, and not just wearing some salvaged armor.

my sentiments exactly. 7x through the trailer now lol. I think that lightsaber looks badass tbh.

the new lightsaber design may look cool but it's not practical...looks like the user's hand could get chopped off at any time when using it

These movies will be aimed at kids, just like the original movies and the other three. Kids will like them, the original super-fan set will probably swallow their heads in impotent rage over every tiny detail.

It has been written.

I have yet to figure out how jedi have avoided accidental haircuts and or clothing alterations give the amount of loose clothing they wear.
Interesting design. I guess we'll see if it proves useful.

star wars done right
Lucas never got the 3 last movies right.
bad acting, wrong casting and a director who dont get evil.

I can't understand the racist comments either. Race is pretty trivial in a galaxy with millions of sentient species.

Besides, they are actually showing the guy's face so he is likely one of the main characters. They never have shown the face of a Storm Trooper.

Did anyone else notice they upgraded the radar dish on top of the Falcon since Lando tore off the last one?:D

Honestly? I have a hard time seeing where they couldn't at least "Match" the first 6 in overall quality. I grew up with Starwars yea, but I never turned into a "super" fan, just a fan. The original 3 honestly were never all that amazing. They were good enjoyable movies with their flaws. The next 3 were likewise good enjoyable movies with their flaws, granted they had a few more glaring flaws than the original but overall I didn't "hate" them. I am semi indifferent about new movies coming out, I'll watch them and I'll likely enjoy them. I don't see the point in getting all worked up with the hate and rage some of the super fans do. And with that said, I will bet good money they will find a reason to hate and despise the new movies just because they "Aren't the originals".

I also like in star wars canon the Falcon is like the most heavily overpowered ship in the fleet for its size, its akin to the fricken Defiant now

The crossguard lightsaber looks stupid to me.

The entire point of a crossguard is to protect your hand from your enemies sword sliding down the blade.

The problem with the design is that little metal parts that stick out before the little saber bit, a lightsaber would simply go through this, thus defeating the entire point of having the crossguard in the first place.

oh, my only complaint is the soccer ball droid.
The original movies did this, but they did it just enough to be gently comical. The scenes with the jawa transport, for example. Soccer ball droids can work if they are used sparingly and aren't just "throw cute crap in to make kids laugh" (ie. jar jar)

I find it hard to believe J.J. Abrams is involved when I don't think I saw a single lens flare.

I thought the soccer ball droid was a bit of a weird design, but other than that I liked what I saw. Can't wait for it to come out.

The problem with the design is that little metal parts that stick out before the little saber bit, a lightsaber would simply go through this, thus defeating the entire point of having the crossguard in the first place.

I believe it implies that those metal parts are holo, with a saber-stopping beam of its own underneath. A saber that goes down will break the metal, but the beam underneath will stop it. His hands though, if they accidentally slid upwards or whatever, would hit the metal.

The entire point of a crossguard is to protect your hand from your enemies sword sliding down the blade.

Good thing it's not a documentary! There's no explosions in space either, but lets just say "fuck it" and enjoy the movie.

the new lightsaber design may look cool but it's not practical...looks like the user's hand could get chopped off at any time when using it

Yea, because the primary blade wouldn't do the same thing. :rolleyes:

Why do people try to apply logic to FANTASY movies?

I believe it implies that those metal parts are holo, with a saber-stopping beam of its own underneath. A saber that goes down will break the metal, but the beam underneath will stop it. His hands though, if they accidentally slid upwards or whatever, would hit the metal.
I think he means that someone else's lightsaber could go through the hilt. There are, however, lightsaber-resistant metals, which the hilt and crossguard could be made out of.

I thought there was at least one instance in Episodes 1-3 where some people were using cortosis staves, which can defend against lightsabers, I just don't remember when they were used.

copied this from another site which makes a good point:

"The big question, in my opinion, is whether lightsaber blades can even slide...I don’t recall a time in the original three movies when blades slid...Opponents would cross blades, which seemed to stick together and make that crackling sound, and then push apart again...I assumed there was some sort of electrical force that locked blades together when they touch."

Err what? I'm talking about the crossguard (the little lightsabers that go out to the side). There's no beam underneath anything to stop another persons lightsaber from sliding down and going through the metal bit and then hitting your hand (the entire point of having a crossguard is to stop this).

I think he means that someone else's lightsaber could go through the hilt. There are, however, lightsaber-resistant metals, which the hilt and crossguard could be made out of.

I thought there was at least one instance in Episodes 1-3 where some people were using cortosis staves, which can defend against lightsabers, I just don't remember when they were used.

Yes exactly.

Also if it is made outof Cortosis or whatever material is meant to stop a lightsaber, why not make the entire crossguard out of it? This would allow you to grab the guard when you needed (the crossguards weren't simply there to be looked at, you could use them to manipulate the blade and things).

Even worse, no ewoks!!!

Warwick Davis is in the movie, while we don't who his character is yet he did play Wicket (an Ewok) in Star Wars VI.

Yea, because the primary blade wouldn't do the same thing. :rolleyes:

Why do people try to apply logic to FANTASY movies?

It's about applying logic WITHIN The movies mythos.

Lightsabers cut through almost anything except for other lightsabers, thus a crossguard DOES make sense IF it didn't have the metal bits sticking out (Which a lightsaber would just go through and thus defeat the point of in the first place).

If the metal bit is made up of some lightsaber resistant material then it begs to ask, why even put the little lightsaber bits on the ends?

We don't have allt he info to know for sure what it does or how it works, but from the trailer all we can go be it just doesn't look like it'd be practical for anything.

Also if it is made outof Cortosis or whatever material is meant to stop a lightsaber, why not make the entire crossguard out of it? This would allow you to grab the guard when you needed (the crossguards weren't simply there to be looked at, you could use them to manipulate the blade and things).
Well, to be honest, I'm guessing that the crossguard was added here because it looks neat, not that it has a practical application.

It could also represent the inexperience of the person wielding it. Look at the beams themselves; it's almost as if they're like welding torches. This saber could've been constructed by someone who didn't really know what they were doing. At least, that's kinda what I hope the explanation is, and that other peoples' lightsabers will look like the previous incarnations.

people speculating online that the lighsaber could be an early model design which explains the design and why energy is arching off the blade...with the Force being re-awakened this could be an older model being used early in the film before the new design is unveiled later on...hopefully this won't mean the end of those cool fast paced acrobatic light saber fights which were the best parts of the prequel trilogy (Obi Wan/Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul)

the crossguard lightsaber was used in the comics...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crossguard_lightsaber

Err what? I'm talking about the crossguard (the little lightsabers that go out to the side). There's no beam underneath anything to stop another persons lightsaber from sliding down and going through the metal bit and then hitting your hand (the entire point of having a crossguard is to stop this).

I made an image to explain what I meant to say.

http://imgur.com/wvCXfyr

I have to admit, when I played this the first time, I thought it was another goof, and was expecting the stormtrooper to say "we ain't found shit!"...

also not sure i'm a fan of the new radar dish on the millennium falcon after Lando destroyed the last one...i kind of miss the original style. But I'm nit-picking...teaser still gave me chills, and I'm friggin 37 years old. I'll never grow out of star wars...

Agree. and even if you disregard that, it didn't look like a 360 degree design, just two exhaust shafts...

It's pretty dumb. It's obvious they wanted it to look like a medieval greatsword, but that's kind of defeating the purpose...

I saw that and thought the same thing. Completely pointless.

I love sci-fi movies, but I can't stand any of the Star Wars movies. They just seem so corny to me. And the acting has been horrible. I've tried to get into them multiple times, but it's just not happening. I really enjoy movies like Serenity, Star Wars, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm hoping this new one will leave some of the corniness and bad acting behind a be a really good sci-fi movie. The trailer was pretty good, and they have a ton of back story and lore to base it on, so it's got potential if done right.

I love sci-fi movies, but I can't stand any of the Star Wars movies. They just seem so corny to me. And the acting has been horrible. I've tried to get into them multiple times, but it's just not happening. I really enjoy movies like Serenity, Star Wars, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm hoping this new one will leave some of the corniness and bad acting behind a be a really good sci-fi movie. The trailer was pretty good, and they have a ton of back story and lore to base it on, so it's got potential if done right.

Mean to stay "Star Trek (New Movies)"

I really liked the X-wings over the water. That was neat. Reminded me of the only good scene in Firefox when Clint was flying over the ocean. :p

Back