Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Poster

John Boyega is the new Luke, cmon now..Movie has to be politically correct!:)...............:rolleyes:

Harrision Ford, Mark Hammil, Carrie Fisher are first listed for the credits.

They need to stop with the call backs in these prequel/sequel/reboots. It's awkward.

Judging from the poster, we can see that the lead-role is the girl. So yep, it seems to be a very PC Star Wars. Go Go Girl Power!

it's obvious they want to keep Luke's role a secret...good guy?...bad guy?...he's obviously fighting the urge to turn to the Dark Side hence the reason he went into hiding...I am expecting the first look at Luke during tomorrow's official trailer reveal

Harrision Ford, Mark Hammil, Carrie Fisher are first listed for the credits.

They need to stop with the call backs in these prequel/sequel/reboots. It's awkward.

Or they could ignore your advice and use it to bridge people into a new cast that will span at least two more movies.

True, statistics and common sense is so politically incorrect these days. State an actual fact like how black males between the age of 16-35 only make up around 5-6% of the entire US population yet make up over 54% of all those charged with murder, and, your racist...because facts be racist! Then these same idiots state it's only because of poverty like no other people live in poverty in the US ten times more peacefully when compared to the worst offenders. So I'm racist for knowing when blacks move around you violence goes up but BET or FUBU being all about blacks is not. Black power is a political slogan but white power is racist. Fuck that nonsense. You can keep it.

So what you're saying is actors can't be black because other blacks murder people. Or blacks can't act in a Star Wars film because other blacks murder people.

Also hate to burst your bubble, but this guy was in the original films:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lando_Calrissian

Here's a fact, the numbers of those who think this way are declining, there will always be race issues but this level of it will one day come to an end.

Thank god for that.

He continued to prove my point with his follow up post.

Are we going to continue the trend of if you are in any of these movies ,that is the end of your career?

The lightsaber the main character is holding, is it me or is that a amalgam of a saberstaff and a Bat'leth?

What the fuck is this thread about again?

I thought star wars based on the thread title, but now I think it's somewhere between "trollololol time" and "let's make a big deal out of something, because Monday".

Take the emotion out of it and there are some points brought up worth discussing BUT

I'd rather nerd out to new star wars

the first (and final) full trailer for the movie debuts tonight during halftime of Monday Night Football on ESPN...will most likely appear online shortly afterwards as well

they release the trailer yet? its monday....kind of lame to see trailers of a trailer lol...

I agree with platinum, though he doesn't clarify his points well enough. The whole "interracial couple" thing is overwhelmingly Black male w/ white woman, in every single facet of media. Be it a department store newspaper flier, movie, music video, you name it. The other side, the "evil white guy" role, also has become exceedingly dominant. Call it an agenda, self-hating whites, whatever; its a very real thing.

There is a push for "equality" by certain areas of society (the entertainment industry, liberal politicians) that is a very real thing; and I personally question the motivations as the costs for such things vary from freedom of speech getting shat, to the middle class being decimated by "immigrants/refugees", to more minor things, like a movie franchise's story getting turned into a convoluted mess just to justify the shoehorn. (FF anyone?)

It comes down to money. Not race relations. Not equality. Money.

I have my bets on this movie being a 6/10 explosion filled nostalgia-tugging toy commercial but with such sour memories of the prequels it'll be hailed as a 9/10 "return to glory" of the series by most.

Money

On the plus side. Me-sa no see Jar-Jar Binks on poster!

Got you covered
http://imgur.com/InwMNPZ
InwMNPZ

So Luke is the bad guy then...

You may be right. In the extended universe Luke does turn to the dark side, when a clone of palpatine appears. Luke does break free and this is how he becomes a true Jedi master.

I know Disney has said that the extended universe is non-cannon ... but the throw back to the originals, where Vader was Luke's father, and then putting this twist on Luke may have been too much to be passed up.

You may be right. In the extended universe Luke does turn to the dark side, when a clone of palpatine appears. Luke does break free and this is how he becomes a true Jedi master.

I know Disney has said that the extended universe is non-cannon ... but the throw back to the originals, where Vader was Luke's father, and then putting this twist on Luke may have been too much to be passed up.

I'm actually glad. I read a ton of the post Episode VI graphic novels back in the '90s and wasn't particularly impressed with what they came up with.

Star Wars is simplistic, but it's about good vs. evil. Mostly sorta-kinda good vs. mostly sorta-kinda bad is more applicable to real life but...that's not what we want to see here.

Looks suspiciously like Drew Struzan's awesome art, although they claim it's not.

Love the new poster!

Why no Luke?
My prediction:
The rebels are trying like hell to survive the onslaught of the Empire/New Empire/First Order, start realizing the extreme power of what they're up against with Kylo Ren, and are successfully able to locate Luke and ask him for help (who turns them down).
Near the end of the movie, Kylo is about ready to decimate some of the key Rebel characters and...boom, close-up shot of a familiar lightsaber handle ignites and a green blade pours out...camera zooms out and Luke is there holding it.
Intense build-up between these two: the main protagonist and antagonist, then as Luke and Kylo's sabers swing towards each other and are just...about...to...make...contact, instant cut to the end credits roll and John WIlliams' ending theme.

After a couple minutes, our pulse rates start to decrease and we all realize that we've only eaten about 2 handfuls of popcorn from out 2 gallon buckets, only a 1/4 of our drinks remain, and we have to take the largest screaming pisses of our lives because we've been glued so hard to the screen that there's been no time for anything else.

Luke and Kylo on the E8 poster...or maybe just their crossed lightsabers to continue screwing with us. :)

Of course, I'm probably totally way off, but no matter...this movie is going to be AWESOME.

Think Episode II, the empire strikes back. It's predicted that Luke IS Darth Vader. Just some food for thought.

Luke Skywalker IS in the movie poster. ;)

Not episode II, ugh... Episode V. Such a noob mistake. Here... take my nerd card...

I don't know could be good - heres hoping, but really haven't seen enough to judge yet. will probably go see it at the cinema.

Back