Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Poster

Love the new poster!

Why no Luke?
My prediction:
The rebels are trying like hell to survive the onslaught of the Empire/New Empire/First Order, start realizing the extreme power of what they're up against with Kylo Ren, and are successfully able to locate Luke and ask him for help (who turns them down).
Near the end of the movie, Kylo is about ready to decimate some of the key Rebel characters and...boom, close-up shot of a familiar lightsaber handle ignites and a green blade pours out...camera zooms out and Luke is there holding it.
Intense build-up between these two: the main protagonist and antagonist, then as Luke and Kylo's sabers swing towards each other and are just...about...to...make...contact, instant cut to the end credits roll and John WIlliams' ending theme.

After a couple minutes, our pulse rates start to decrease and we all realize that we've only eaten about 2 handfuls of popcorn from out 2 gallon buckets, only a 1/4 of our drinks remain, and we have to take the largest screaming pisses of our lives because we've been glued so hard to the screen that there's been no time for anything else.

Luke and Kylo on the E8 poster...or maybe just their crossed lightsabers to continue screwing with us. :)

Of course, I'm probably totally way off, but no matter...this movie is going to be AWESOME.

That's interesting. Makes you think, for sure. I'll patiently wait to see if this scene actually happens, then come back here and ask you if I can borrow that time machine you have. ;)

Anyway, back to statistics about race and calling each other idiots.

That's interesting. Makes you think, for sure. I'll patiently wait to see if this scene actually happens, then come back here and ask you if I can borrow that time machine you have. ;)

Anyway, back to statistics about race and calling each other idiots.

Maybe Luke will just wave his hand and melt Kylo's face off. You know, Will of The Force and all. :D

I'm actually glad. I read a ton of the post Episode VI graphic novels back in the '90s and wasn't particularly impressed with what they came up with.

Star Wars is simplistic, but it's about good vs. evil. Mostly sorta-kinda good vs. mostly sorta-kinda bad is more applicable to real life but...that's not what we want to see here.
Eh, not so sure anyone really cares about the morals of good vs evil. I think the appeal of the Star Wars franchise is that it offered awesome sci-fi with effects never before seen and a reasonably full universe with foreign planets and creatures to immerse yourself in, along with good dialog from some A-grade actors like Harrison Ford and well designed memorable characters like Yoda and Darth Vader.

That's why the new Star Wars were kind of lame, as even though they kicked it up a notch again with the action, they didn't add any good new iconic characters and save for Natalie Portman.

Its like with Star Trek Enterprise vs the Original Star Trek and TNG, the actors are the most important thing and hopefully they get it right this time and no more Jar Jar and space-Chinamen nonsense.

They'll continue to beat us until we're PC black and blue!

Star Wars: The GAP Awakens

ewG4Gp1.jpg

my speculation: I think the trailers are purposely misleading us...I think Kylo Ren is the good guy and not a villain...Kylo and Rey are brother and sister and are the children of Han Solo and Leia...Finn also might be the son of Mace Windu and will try and re-form the Jedi Council

my speculation: I think the trailers are purposely misleading us..

I don't think so.
Han or Chewie die at the end saving Finn from Kylo in the winter woods scene.
Luke will only be shown watching a holo-message from Leia warning of whatever war is about to come.
Empire is split in two, civil unrest type stuff. Finn is a disillusioned trooper who doesn't know who to fight for.
Was the voice talking about letting in the force Leia? Sounds like she'll have a motherly type that teaches people how to first recognize their powers but might not necessarily be powerful. Maybe she has some secret ressurection powers?

Basically I'm expecting at least one questionably ridiculous thing happening with the lore/canon.

Was the voice talking about letting in the force Leia? Sounds like she'll have a motherly type that teaches people how to first recognize their powers but might not necessarily be powerful. Maybe she has some secret ressurection powers?

Basically I'm expecting at least one questionably ridiculous thing happening with the lore/canon.

the voiceover in the trailer is Maz Kanata (the new space pirate character played by Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o)

So who bought tickets to the December 17th first-night screenings? Anybody actually crazy enough to buy a ticket for the seven film thursday marathon?

So who bought tickets to the December 17th first-night screenings? Anybody actually crazy enough to buy a ticket for the seven film thursday marathon?

I'll watch the previous 6 movies from the comfort of my home theater...my Blu-ray discs, plasma TV and 5.1 speakers are enough but I will be in the theater for Force Awakens in IMAX

the voiceover in the trailer is Maz Kanata (the new space pirate character played by Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o)

Correct, and if you tie in the last thing said in the trailer, she might be a Jedi as well. Going to train Daisy. I know the guy in the mask isn't Luke - too thin too tall, too fast...but they are really playing some games here! I noticed Han said the stories were true, and only mentioned the Dark side, like Luke might have gone over. He does in the EU but that's not "canon" so they scrapped it. IDK, just a couple of things that want to lead you towards Kylo and the guy in the mask being different people. Does he only wear the mask when he is doing REALLY horrible things? Could it be his master? Or is it just him. If it IS Luke, Kylo might be his son, and they embark on a Father/Son mission to bring "justice" to the galaxy, perhaps that's why Leia is crying. That would make sense then why when he's talking to the mask he says, to finish what you started. That would be kind of lame though, the main chic is his daughter too and has to save him like he saved Vader. I hope I'm wrong, pretty sure I am but it's an easy story line.

Correct, and if you tie in the last thing said in the trailer, she might be a Jedi as well. Going to train Daisy. I know the guy in the mask isn't Luke - too thin too tall, too fast...but they are really playing some games here! I noticed Han said the stories were true, and only mentioned the Dark side, like Luke might have gone over. He does in the EU but that's not "canon" so they scrapped it. IDK, just a couple of things that want to lead you towards Kylo and the guy in the mask being different people. Does he only wear the mask when he is doing REALLY horrible things? Could it be his master? Or is it just him. If it IS Luke, Kylo might be his son, and they embark on a Father/Son mission to bring "justice" to the galaxy, perhaps that's why Leia is crying. That would make sense then why when he's talking to the mask he says, to finish what you started. That would be kind of lame though, the main chic is his daughter too and has to save him like he saved Vader. I hope I'm wrong, pretty sure I am but it's an easy story line.

I don't think Kylo is Luke...I think Kylo will be the guy that starts out somewhat evil but like Vader gets redeemed...Rey is most likely his sister and will turn him...or maybe it's Luke working with Kylo in a long con trying to get to the new big bad in this trilogy- Supreme Leader Snoke (played by Andy Serkis)...I think General Hux is 2nd in command to Snoke

as far as talking to the burnt Vader mask, I think that was also a bit of misdirection...I think he was actually talking to Snoke but the trailer was edited to make it look like something else...I think the trailers/marketing for this movie has been spot on perfect...unlike the majority of movies nowadays where the trailers gives away the entire movie, with Force Awakens there is still so much mystery and purposeful misdirection going on

also when Kylo Ren talks about finishing what Vader started it could be interpreted in multiple ways...was he talking about finishing evil Vader's work in eliminating the Jedi and any Rebels or was he talking about finishing good Vader's work after he killed the Emperor in Return of the Jedi...again lots of misdirection and different ways to interpret the trailers and info leaking out about the movie...it's also interesting that we've seen Finn and Kylo Ren ignite their light sabers in that snowy wooded area in multiple trailers but we've never actually seen them fight...meaning they want you to believe they are going to fight but something else happens...Luke appears?...are they allies?...so many questions...

FFS, put a black man on a movie poster and we're immediately trotting out racist tropes at least a century old. Unbelievable.

I'll watch the previous 6 movies from the comfort of my home theater...my Blu-ray discs, plasma TV and 5.1 speakers are enough but I will be in the theater for Force Awakens in IMAX

You actually bought The Phantom Menace on Blu-Ray? Lol.

FFS, put a black man on a movie poster and we're immediately trotting out racist tropes at least a century old. Unbelievable.

It's the internet bro, you know, where you can express your opinion without getting chin checked by the straight outta compton folks.

You actually bought The Phantom Menace on Blu-Ray? Lol.

the SW: Complete Collection Blu-ray set comes with all 6 movies...Phantom Menace has some great scenes that look and sound great (the pod race and the Darth Maul vs Obi Wan/Qui-Gon fight)...the prequels weren't as good as the originals but they weren't total crap either...the biggest problem with any prequel is that we already know what's coming so they need to create exciting moments that still surprise the audience

Knowing J.J. Abrams Star Trek works, which were more Star Wars'y than anything. I'd say that these people will be singing high praises about the movie if they go and see it and will forget this little tirade that some chocolate has been splashed in their vanilla sci-fi. Oh wait, that's right! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001850/

Yea, if my predictions are right and these guys are true Star Wars fans, half of them will drop this banner when this sequel drops.

Darth Maul alone made the movie better...plus it had the best choreographed fight sequence...and Duel of the Fates was another John Williams classic soundtrack

Honestly, I hate the fight in the Phantom Menace. Like, it's just bad. It goes on for a long time, and it's just too flashy. Also, there's little to no emotion in the fight until Qui Gon dies.

I don't like fights when there's a lot of unneeded movements and wasted energy.

I think that's why I'm really excited for this new one because I believe the fights are being handled by The Raid guys. Which, is going to be great! Have you seen The Raid 2? The last fight sequence in the kitchen is amazing.

the SW: Complete Collection Blu-ray set comes with all 6 movies...Phantom Menace has some great scenes that look and sound great (the pod race and the Darth Maul vs Obi Wan/Qui-Gon fight)...the prequels weren't as good as the originals but they weren't total crap either...the biggest problem with any prequel is that we already know what's coming so they need to create exciting moments that still surprise the audience

No the biggest problem was bad writing and poor editing. It's even worse on the TPM BD, where the pod race (which is exciting) is extended to the Family Guy degree.

Clone Wars is really good if you skip every other chapter (i.e. most of the Anakin Amadala (sp) story).

I firmly standby the theory that Phantom Menace should have been scrolling text in front of Attack of the Clones - which would now be the first in the trilogy - and have the second film actually being a major conflict in the Clone Wars that leads to the third film, Revenge. Which, Revenge could mostly stay the same, though I would edit out some of the needless bits.

Of course, all of this would include reshoots to get better performances out of everyone...except McGregor. He did good.

I firmly standby the theory that Phantom Menace should have been scrolling text in front of Attack of the Clones - which would now be the first in the trilogy - and have the second film actually being a major conflict in the Clone Wars that leads to the third film, Revenge. Which, Revenge could mostly stay the same, though I would edit out some of the needless bits.

Of course, all of this would include reshoots to get better performances out of everyone...except McGregor. He did good.

Could be. I'd really need to see the Phantom Edit before I agree to that. From what I've read, it turned TPM into a good Star Wars film. I feel the same is true for AotC. I don't really remember what I thought about RotS, other than I felt it was a bad idea to show that they revealed things that weren't known until the end of Empire (i.e. Vader=Dad). It wasn't needed and it would have allowed kids to watch the series (in theory) from 1-6 (now 9) in order.

Judging from the poster, we can see that the lead-role is the girl. So yep, it seems to be a very PC Star Wars. Go Go Girl Power!

Getting sick of this girl power bullshit. It doesn't do anything. You don't see gogogogogo man or boy power do you?

Love the new poster!

Why no Luke?
My prediction:
The rebels are trying like hell to survive the onslaught of the Empire/New Empire/First Order, start realizing the extreme power of what they're up against with Kylo Ren, and are successfully able to locate Luke and ask him for help (who turns them down).
Near the end of the movie, Kylo is about ready to decimate some of the key Rebel characters and...boom, close-up shot of a familiar lightsaber handle ignites and a green blade pours out...camera zooms out and Luke is there holding it.
Intense build-up between these two: the main protagonist and antagonist, then as Luke and Kylo's sabers swing towards each other and are just...about...to...make...contact, instant cut to the end credits roll and John WIlliams' ending theme.

That's probably pretty close and if it does happen, you will see all around you the collective experienced NerdGasm following immediately by the collective NerdRAGE!!! Believe it.

After a couple minutes, our pulse rates start to decrease and we all realize that we've only eaten about 2 handfuls of popcorn from out 2 gallon buckets, only a 1/4 of our drinks remain, and we have to take the largest screaming pisses of our lives because we've been glued so hard to the screen that there's been no time for anything else.

Lulz, that's me now. :D

Luke and Kylo on the E8 poster...or maybe just their crossed lightsabers to continue screwing with us. :)

Of course, I'm probably totally way off, but no matter...this movie is going to be AWESOME.

Awesome it will be yes!!! :D

I have not seen Star Wars since I was young and do not remember anything really. Can I just watch the original 3 and bet good to go for this one you think?

Everything I have read is that Ep. 1 is trash and 2-3 are just OK. Not even sure if I will get into it, but what the hell right?

I have not seen Star Wars since I was young and do not remember anything really. Can I just watch the original 3 and bet good to go for this one you think?

Everything I have read is that Ep. 1 is trash and 2-3 are just OK. Not even sure if I will get into it, but what the hell right?

Watch all 6 between now and mid December. Why not, right? :)

Watch the original trilogy. Then, watch the Red Letter Media's commentary for Episode 1. Don't need to see the actual film. Then, you can skip the second film, and only watch the third. Most of the important bits are told via scrolling text in front of the third film.

I'd watch them in sequence, as there is a chronological storyline there. Here's my personal opinions about each episode:

I - A bit childish...seems like the movie was focused on pushing merchandise/toy sales. Still has it's merits, as it tells the tale about the origins and beginnings of AS, a young OWK, and some great actions scenes between QGJ, OWK, and DM.

II - Great dialogue-driven plot. The more I watch it, the more things I pick up from spoken lines and many things seemingly fall in place across all 6 films. My favorite of the prequels...I've watched it more times than I & III combined, and that's a lot.

III - Very good story. And that saber battle between OWK and AS/DV - WOW!

IV - What's there to say that hasn't already been said millions of times for the past 4 decades? Really sets the mood for what drives each of the groups/factions/characters:
  • Empire = technology/firepower/ order through fear
  • Vader = Dark Side of The Force rules all
  • OWK = Light Side of The Force protects all
  • Rebel Alliance = sheer determination to overcome outnumbering evil
V - Rebel Alliance determines that shit just got real, yo. Luke learns some things of grave importance not only about himself, but also of his family before him that he never knew.

VI - Luke. Is. The. Man. He assists DV, in a very unconventional way, in fulfilling The Prophecy (as spoken by OWK in EpIII "You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. You were to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."). Having come so close to attaining The Will of The Force at that point, Luke knew exactly what he was doing when confronting Vader and Sidious...the Emperor's sustained lightning didn't leave so much as a scratch on him, keeping in mind that it was enough to do things like screw up Sidious' own face and launch MW (whom I believe is still alive given that he has mastered using The Force to gracefully and safely descend from very high ups) through a window and outwards quite a long ways before his descent to terra firma even begins.

Oh, and...Here you go!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The hypocrisy of the liberal left is illuminating.

Whenever anyone dares to question why the lead Jedi in Star Wars respin ( arguably a white culture movie) is now black that person is automatically slammed with allegations of racism and hatred.

But imagine the following; what if Michael Bay took "Bad Boys", an African American pop-culture movie and cast two white guys as leads, with the same movie name. The kicker?! Will Smith is now replaced by Channing Tatum, who in the movie is a native Texan who likes big trucks and country music.

Yea...like no one would find that racist at all.....

Back