Star Wars Takes Over Disneyland’s Tomorrowland

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Some of the stuff they’re serving at the Galactic Grill freaks me out.

We already know Disney is working on Star Wars themed lands to Disneyland and Walt Disney World. However, in the meantime Disneyland is celebrating the launch of The Force Awakens by taking over much of Tomorrowland.

Come for the country fried Wookie steak, stay for the Ewok pot pie fritters. Take a pass on the jar of Jar Jar Jam, though.

I used to love Star Tours when I was younger. That talking and singing repair robot passes the time well if the ride is moving at a normal pace.

As a frequent Disneyland visitor (Annual passholder for several years) Tomorrowland could use a good shakeup, it definitely hasn't aged well compared to some other parts of the park. Mostly it feels like the area you walk through to get to Space Mountain these days.

As a frequent Disneyland visitor (Annual passholder for several years) Tomorrowland could use a good shakeup, it definitely hasn't aged well compared to some other parts of the park. Mostly it feels like the area you walk through to get to Space Mountain these days.
True, but some of that dated "future" look is comforting as an older guy. I mean Space Mountain theming while in the queue really feels like something out of a Kubrick movie like 2001. And hell Innovations was one of my favorite parts of the area, no waiting in line, it had some Epcot feel to it, although I do understand why I'm in the minority on this. But changing to a Star Wars theme is IMO not "Tomorrowland" feel just because they have the IP on it doesn't mean they need to ram it down our throats, and technically Star Wars isn't the future it's the past.

Star Wars belongs in it's own land. It's from "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." Not the future.

Man we were just there 2 weeks ago and missed all of this. We did see some construction in tomorrowland.

Man we were just there 2 weeks ago and missed all of this. We did see some construction in tomorrowland.

Used to go several times a year, until they got so greedy with the cost of the annual passes. We'd usually go mid week when it wasn't so crowded since we are only 30 minutes way.

Doubt I'll ever see this or the new "Star Wars" land, as they want way too much money for me to spend the day standing in line for fighting the crowds.

Tomorrow Land is pretty stale at Disney. I'd like to see all or most of Tomorrow Land replaced by the Star Wars IP material.

Back