Star Wars Rebellion on Win 7

Hello, new here and first post. Very new to computing, so a lot of your jargon escapes me. Seeking help and was directed to this site by a friend. My issue:

I am feeling a bit nostaligic and am wanting to play Star Wars: Rebellion. However, it will not load on my new laptop that has Windows 7 installed. Got the d3dll.ll file and loaded it into my System32 folder. However I'm still getting an incompatibility message saying that this game can't be played in 64bit mode. So I tried opening the setup file from the disc using win7's reduced capability method, when I try this I get file not found.

Does this make any sense whatsoever?

PM a mod to move this to the "General Gaming" forum, so a more focused audience will see it.

I did some digging and found this:

http://forums.swrebellion.com/viewtopic.php?t=27606
'm playing Rebellion (or in my case Supremacy) on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit RTM with no problems (and not using XP mode).

What I did is as follows:

1. Copy everything from the Rebellion/Supremacy folder on the CD to "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion"
2. Download the file in the first post at: http://www.swrebellion.com/forums/postt3937.html
3. Extract the downloaded file.
3. Right click the Rebellion_x64.reg file and click merge. (If your program files is on a different drive you'll need to edit this reg file)
4. Copy the files d3drm.dll and REBEXE.exe to "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion"
5. Create a folder called "SaveGame"
6. Run the game (REBEXE.exe) as an administrator.

Everything worked for me first time. I have the problem where I can't skip the briefing but the space battles seem to work fine.

Note that I've only played the game for a few minutes before posting this so I may run into problems later.

Hope that helps. Looks like lots of stuff floating around to help...

I followed these steps exactly and it gives me an error message that says that the cd is not in the CD rom. if this error persists reinstall from the CD. any ideas on what to do?

Back