Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Getting the dreaded EC:10005 error right now. Anyone know if the service is down? Does EA have a status page for it?

Looked on their help page and this banner was at the top, so they're having issues right now.
View attachment 571439
That happens all the time with Origin servers I had that happens with Wild Hearts at the same time Battlefield 2042 servers was down.

Finished it. I must admit that the last boss pissed me off to no end so I turned down difficulty just to finish the game. Absolutely fantastic game. Solid 9/10. Might continue playing to do rumors and bounties.

I haven't played in a few days...I needed a break...so much to do as far as side missions- bounties to collect, rumors, collectables etc...Respawn really undersold just how massive the game is

I haven't played in a few days...I needed a break...so much to do as far as side missions- bounties to collect, rumors, collectables etc...Respawn really undersold just how massive the game is
I heard it only takes 55hrs to 100% it. How much time do you have in it?

I heard it only takes 55hrs to 100% it. How much time do you have in it?

I always take my time exploring everything the game has to offer (in every game I play)...I'm already at 40+ hours and I just returned to the 2nd planet...not sure where I am in the story but I'm spending most of my time walking around or using the new animal traversal methods (I never use fast travel) to look for new side missions and areas that were previously inaccessible...but my playtime is not the norm as I really take my time in my first playthrough...took me 300+ hours to complete my first run on Elden Ring

I always take my time exploring everything the game has to offer (in every game I play)...I'm already at 40+ hours and I just returned to the 2nd planet...not sure where I am in the story but I'm spending most of my time walking around or using the new animal traversal methods (I never use fast travel) to look for new side missions and areas that were previously inaccessible...but my playtime is not the norm as I really take my time in my first playthrough...took me 300+ hours to complete my first run on Elden Ring
I'm exactly the same way, that's why I was asking how much time you had into it because I was hoping it would be longer than 55hrs to 100% it.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Looks like it might take you ~200 to beat this one, yikes!

I beat it in around 20-21 hours. I think 50-55 hrs to 100% seems about right.

Most of collectible crap is not worth my time. I couldn’t care less how he dresses or what are components on my saber.

I only care about some missions but not enough to go around repeating stuff. Bounties are only thing that entice me - similar to Ass Creed games.

I beat it in around 20-21 hours. I think 50-55 hrs to 100% seems about right.

Most of collectible crap is not worth my time. I couldn’t care less how he dresses or what are components on my saber.

I only care about some missions but not enough to go around repeating stuff. Bounties are only thing that entice me - similar to Ass Creed games.

Yeah I could not possibly care less about things that are cosmetic. Problem is you don't know if that unexplored path is that or one of the breakaways that gives you extra health/force/perk etc.

Con-1 out of10
Possibly the worst Unreal Engine game in recent memory for stuttering/hitching that I have played and no patches fixed it or are going to fix the stuttering/hitching mess.

Pro- 9 out of 10
The exact kind of game I like apparently,some platforming while looking for useless stuff and shooting bad guys,story is predictable but like anything else people will not be inventing new stuff for every game and movie.

PC Game I spent $20 on and gave me 74 hours of entertainment is a damm good game overall if you ignore the unreal engine crap and unreal engine 5 is the same stuttering /hitching mess even though they say there is a fix.
1685027789262.png

The dual Rancor optional battle is absolute bullshit cuz of the cheap one shot kill when a rancor grabs and eats you. Seems like if you're a certain radius it's unavoidable and like once you're locked in an move set you can't change mid animation the other Rancor comes in and one shot kills you.

I just finished the two Rancor battle. Took me a few tries but having the slow ability maxed out post end game made is quite easy. I was able to kill one quickly and the other one was just an exercise in patience afterwards.

Very nice game and I am liking the end game battles and killing bounties. Lots of extra story to find as well. I think I am done with Courasant, Talanorr, Nova Garon for now. Need to do Shattered Moon, Jedha and Koboh.

Very good game. Almost angry at myself for not showing patience in last boss fight and turning difficulty down. Oh well.

Still better than all the other garbage games that are coming out these days.

Ahhh I didn't have that rage mode when I tried them. That'll probably help tons. (y)

wow I just finished the section on Jedha where you fight that giant drill...really cool action set piece...chaining together jumping into the portals, double-jump, Dash jump, wall run etc...the traversal in this game is so fluid and well done

the traversal stutter also seems much improved after the last patch...the image quality also looks better as it doesn't look as soft as before...still doesn't look crisp and the softness is intended to be there but it looks better now

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 11.png
    11.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 12.png
    12.png
    3 MB · Views: 1
Finished it up. Didn't 100% everything but my subscription to EA Pro expires tonight. Damn good game like the first one despite the technical issues. These 2 games are my favorite of all the SW stuff soooo.

Finished it tonight. Absolutely phenomenal game.

I had some pretty major plot points semi-ruined by YouTube video thumbnails and chapter titles in a walkthrough, but I was still shocked when it actually happened.

Overall the game felt a lot easier than Fallen Order. But that's not a bad thing. The Taron boss fight in Fallen Order pissed me off so much I changed the game to the easiest difficulty and was irate for the entire rest of the game. In my mind, that was the final boss fight and the end of the game until I looked it up just now. The (SPOILER - I tried to tag this as a spoiler, but the text straight up disappears from the post when I do that) Rayvis and Vader fights in Survivor were extremely irritating, but I was able to beat them before the controller became a flying projectile. Kudos to Respawn for not leaning into the FromSuckware Dark Sucks formula for this game.

This probably would have been my current 2023 GotY if it weren't for the fact that it should have been named Star Wars Stutter: Survivor. Also, negative points for the absolute dog shit HDR calibration menu. Otherwise, best game we've gotten this year after RE4 Remake.

Just finished it. Right on the 30 hour mark. I only explored along the path to main story, but I did look into all the paths along the main story. You never know if it's going to be a health/force increase, or utterly pointless cosmetic part. I gues it was $15 well spent.
Story was good, but it still doesn't beat Revan reveal. I went blind into the game, so I was a bit surprised that it was more a platformer and less a souls clone.

100% Shattered Moon. Now back in Jedha. Will try to wrap up all planets as I found a ton of boss fights that I could've easily missed if I never went back after finishing the game. The content is very good. I think should be able to 100% around the ~35-40 hours mark. Playing on Jedi Knight except the final boss battle.

they recorded so much dialogue for this game...every time I step outside and come back without even saving there's more dialogue...talking to the characters gives you side missions (or as the game calls them, Rumors)...bounties to hunt down, seeds to plant, collectables to find, mini-bosses

the enemy variety in this game is so much better than Fallen Order...and a lot of the enemies also have unblockable attacks

Finished it tonight. Absolutely phenomenal game.

I had some pretty major plot points semi-ruined by YouTube video thumbnails and chapter titles in a walkthrough, but I was still shocked when it actually happened.

Overall the game felt a lot easier than Fallen Order. But that's not a bad thing. The Taron boss fight in Fallen Order pissed me off so much I changed the game to the easiest difficulty and was irate for the entire rest of the game. In my mind, that was the final boss fight and the end of the game until I looked it up just now. The (SPOILER - I tried to tag this as a spoiler, but the text straight up disappears from the post when I do that) Rayvis and Vader fights in Survivor were extremely irritating, but I was able to beat them before the controller became a flying projectile. Kudos to Respawn for not leaning into the FromSuckware Dark Sucks formula for this game.

This probably would have been my current 2023 GotY if it weren't for the fact that it should have been named Star Wars Stutter: Survivor. Also, negative points for the absolute dog shit HDR calibration menu. Otherwise, best game we've gotten this year after RE4 Remake.
Code:
[ispoiler]Your spoiler here.[/ispoiler]
Your spoiler here.

or

Code:
[spoiler="Description or empty quotes"]
Your spoiler here.
[/spoiler]
Your spoiler here.

they recorded so much dialogue for this game...every time I step outside and come back without even saving there's more dialogue...talking to the characters gives you side missions (or as the game calls them, Rumors)...bounties to hunt down, seeds to plant, collectables to find, mini-bosses

the enemy variety in this game is so much better than Fallen Order...and a lot of the enemies also have unblockable attacks
I really enjoyed the dialog. Even after end game there is a ton of dialog. Right now first time I am back on Jedha and it seems the game never finished and I have around 30%+ to explore and finish quests.
I just wish the damn thing stopped crashing every time I land in Jedha w/ RT on. I forget and boom - crash!

Anyone still playing this experiencing more crashing with the latest update? I've been busy with tears of the kingdom then I wanted to come back to this and I updated and now I get random crashes. System points to an nvidia error nvlddmkm, basically a driver crash, but I've tried the most recent drivers, 531.xx, 535 and still does it. Nothing else I play is crashing, messed with darktide last night and got in 2 hours with no problems and destiny 2 (though that doesn't stress my 4090). I've tried rt on/off, fsr quality/off so wondering if the latest patch is just messed up. Crashes don't occur at the same spots either, it's just random where I'll be exploring and just jumping onto a ledge or I'll get into a fight with storm troopers and was busy just deflecting shots.

I know there was a recent patch done as my in game start up videos work where before I would just jump to the optimizing screen.

Last edited:
Just Jedha with rt on? that's messed up. Oddly I guess I fixed it when I saw the bad shadow pools and shut off RT when I was there. I decided instead of exploring Jedha, I just left the planet instead and moved on.

I liked this post. I’m someone who likes to game because, for me, when a game is truly great, it feels like there’s another world inside my pc, and I can go there and just exist, and forget about this world. Who needs drugs. The greatest drug is gaming on a kick-ass PC.

Fuck it. Hit 11/16 bounties and now the dude won’t give me next bounty. Seems to be happening to many people. So annoyed.

this game reminds me of the Batman Arkham games combined with Spider-Man and some Dark Souls 2...it takes the DS2 approach of gank squad boss fights...take a single boss who's not all that difficult solo and throw in another 2-3 to make it artificially difficult...

Attachments

• 15.png
    15.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 16.png
    16.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 17.png
    17.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 18.png
    18.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 19.png
    19.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20.png
    20.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 21.png
    21.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nice, I always love seeing these stat graphics. :D

Out of curiosity, I'd like to see one for Mass Effect and games like Fallout. I know in Mass Effect something like 70% of players went with male Shepard, but I do wonder how it looks in Fallout/TES.

Out of curiosity, I'd like to see one for Mass Effect and games like Fallout. I know in Mass Effect something like 70% of players went with male Shepard, but I do wonder how it looks in Fallout/TES.
Fallout 4:
"90% of players used Dogmeat throughout the campaign."
"100% of players wanted to kill Preston Garvey."
"100% of players looked on Nexus Mods to find a mod to kill Preston Garvey."
"But sir.... has been spoken by Codsworth more than 7,013,659,788,079 times."

Skyrim:
"I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee." Has been uttered by NPC's 147,956,195,305,573,224,174,893,230 times."
"Players accidentally turning into a werewolf in the middle of town and being mobbed to death 243,908,367,225,270,274, times."
"Players installing SKSE 436,475,839,586,735,243,497,078,574,635,374,867,089,584,635,242,315,364,859,686,756,489 times."
"Players installing Sky Ui, not enough space to input."

wow I just finished the section on Jedha where you fight that giant drill...really cool action set piece...chaining together jumping into the portals, double-jump, Dash jump, wall run etc...the traversal in this game is so fluid and well done

the traversal stutter also seems much improved after the last patch...the image quality also looks better as it doesn't look as soft as before...still doesn't look crisp and the softness is intended to be there but it looks better now
Just finished this part over the weekend. dash jumping through those portals was pretty intense.

the trickiest jumping/platforming area for me thus far was in the Generator Underbelly section of Koboh...it was to get a Treasure- pretty valuable one too as it gives you the ability to hack BX Droids (and also unlocks a shortcut)...I took a video because someone else was having trouble and I wanted to help him out...

Last edited:
Back