Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Went back to Koboh and turned on RT once more and it seems to run fine. Updated bios, sound driver and also chipset drivers. Will go back to latest driver and see if Jedha still crashes.

Tons to do all around. Trying to free a bot and platforming has been great.

try disabling any overclock you may have...

I had my first crash...on Jedha right after I rested at a meditation point...luckily it happened after the meditation point auto save and I didn't lose any progress...I had went awhile without a save so I would have lost a lot of progress

Attachments

• Jedi.png
    Jedi.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 1
I kept getting dxgi_error_device_removed crash right at the swamp.

I had RT off. Switched it to on and now it stops crashing. Stupid

there seems to be a bug with the Blaster stance...the pistol doesn't always work (and no the chamber is not empty)...looking around online and it seems this is a known bug...hopefully they fix it soon as it makes the Blaster stance totally useless...I was actually starting to like that stance as well

Crashes in Jedha are common with RT. I turn off RT before going there. Nowhere else do I need to do this. Especially turning off RT on shattered moon makes the game look a bit bland IMO. On Jedha it’s fine as there are little to no RT effects.

Overall, am chasing a key boss on shattered moon. Game is absolutely dope af. I am out this week so hopefully there is another patch for performance improvement. Solid 9/10 from me. If they fix all the crap then might be 9.5/10. Just so good and a long time since a proper Star Wars game.

there seems to be a bug with the Blaster stance...the pistol doesn't always work (and no the chamber is not empty)...looking around online and it seems this is a known bug...hopefully they fix it soon as it makes the Blaster stance totally useless...I was actually starting to like that stance as well

there is a workaround but they need to release an official fix...the bug only effects people who remapped the default control for the 'Special Attack' key...it also effects those using controllers...you need to hit the default key first and then hit your new remapped key...it'll work for some time before you need to do it again...another reason why playing on PC is amazing...you can find mods and workarounds for everything (I'm also using a mod which lets me use the arrow keys for movement)

*this forum is very strange in that very few people use kb/m and even those that do don't seem to re-map anything and use all the default controls

I remapped dodge.

But yeah I am a WASD player and usually only remap dodge / block to thumb mouse button. Rest I am good. People who used to play simulation games or mechwarrior games of old don’t remap keys. Coz they be [H] af.

I don't play most games with KB/M, but when I do I have to remap the whole damn layout. For me it's all about the arrow keys and the various keys around 'em. What kinda sucks is that a lot of games don't like you remapping enter or delete.

Is this guy joking or is this Boss that hard? Unless he's playing on Jedi Master?

That boss is hard for sure. I haven’t killed it yet either. I left it for later for now. However, it is optional.

I think there is a part where you have two toads jumping around which is harder than this.

Patch

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1774580/announcements/detail/3701440862359935548

Patch 5 Details

Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:
  • Improved content caching to reduce hitching.
  • Improved thread handling when raytracing is turned off.
  • Fix for an issue where lowering the PC visual settings would incorrectly lower your resolution scale if FSR is disabled.
    Note: if you previously disabled FSR and are playing on a lower visual quality, you may want to readjust your quality settings.
  • Fix for a reset button not responding on PC when using both controller and keyboard.
  • More robust detection of pre-order and deluxe content in-game, preventing players from only randomly having access to the content.
  • Various performance fixes.
  • Stability improvements.
  • Various collision and navigation improvements to prevent issues where characters get stuck out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where Drya Thornne would become invincible.
  • Music fixes for scenarios where two different themes would collide.
  • Fixed an issue where Bode wouldn’t grab the senator during some New Game+ playthroughs.
  • Fix for a bug where the Skriton wouldn’t appear correctly.
  • Fix for Dagan not appearing correctly in a cinematic.
  • Fixed some rare instances of players being unable to progress further in the game even after reloading.
  • Fix for a bug where the Gorocco would disappear mid-combat.
  • Fix for an issue where Cal would get stuck in a specific Blaster state if dying while in it.
  • Fix for a bug where BD-1 wouldn’t be able to open a door.
  • Fix for void tear interactions not working correctly.
  • Fix for trying to load corrupt save games sometimes leaving you in the main menu. It will now correctly attempt to load your backup save.
  • Improved UX for Koboh matter turrets that players were previously unable to exit out of.
  • Fix for the Rancor and the Wampa not correctly leaving Cal's XP behind when he respawns.
  • Fix for a bug where the Skills menu wouldn't correctly close.
  • Improved sync for sound during one of the cinematics.
  • Fix for the environment not loading correctly on Koboh after Cal respawns.

hopefully the new patch fixed this...I'll test it later

Did it fix crashes on AMD/4090 on Jedha w/ RT enabled? Anyways, will try it out on Sunday when I am back home. First game that I am actually excited about going home to continue playing. I am quite far ahead and may have rushed through without doing sufficient sides. No matter - due to respawning enemies nonsense you can always feel that Jedi Master badassery when you load a checkpoint. Also that fucking toad is going down when I go back to Koboh next time.

I remapped dodge.

But yeah I am a WASD player and usually only remap dodge / block to thumb mouse button. Rest I am good. People who used to play simulation games or mechwarrior games of old don’t remap keys. Coz they be [H] af.
When you are a leftie you remap all the keys even on the mouse. This is a deal breaker for me keys must be remappable or I do not buy.

last patch some people complained that they couldn't tell if the EA app had the patch available or not...it's pretty clear as you can't actually play the game without updating ('Play' button changes to 'Update')...latest patch is 1.42GB

Attachments

• EA.png
    EA.png
    980.9 KB · Views: 1
I'm playing the original Star Wars before I get this I might not even get this game since it's 69.00 I just got to the part where you can customize your lightsaber choose green.

I'm playing the original Star Wars before I get this I might not even get this game since it's 69.00 I just got to the part where you can customize your lightsaber choose green.
Surely you know you can go to one of the many reliable key sites? Plus if you look around people are selling the codes that came with their AMD hardware sometimes for only 30 to 35 bucks.

No worries, man, they will drop the price on the title eventually.

I'm stuck here I guess I have to shutdown the game and open it again for the Turbine to be in the right spot it's a bug I guess.The comments on Youtube say it's a bug and never will be fixed.

Last edited:
If that section isn't for you, Fallen Order probably isn't for you. That's the first area. It's platforming 101 and getting to some later areas will seem maddening by comparison.

that part of Fallen Order was easy...just use the Force power to slow down the machine...later on in the game you're going to have to jump off platforms and use Force Pull mid air to grab vines and combo that with parkour etc

still not fixed with the new patch...

last patch some people complained that they couldn't tell if the EA app had the patch available or not...it's pretty clear as you can't actually play the game without updating ('Play' button changes to 'Update')...latest patch is 1.42GB
Do you think we were too stupid to tell the difference between "play" and "update"? AGAIN the game said "play" for many of us and the update did not show up until restarting the app a couple of times. We could just click play and play the game as normal and this was clearly mentioned here by more than one person. In fact this update today is also doing the same thing for me and even after restarting the app twice I still do not have the update showing up as it just says play.

Do you think we were too stupid to tell the difference between "play" and "update"? AGAIN the game said "play" for many of us and the update did not show up until restarting the app a couple of times. We could just click play and play the game as normal and this was clearly mentioned here by more than one person. In fact this update today is also doing the same thing for me and even after restarting the app twice I still do not have the update showing up as it just says play.
FYI I had the same issue as the last patch, but might have found a workaround. If you aren't seeing the update button try this: select repair, when it starts to download, cancel it, then restart the EA App. When I restarted the EA App after an attempted repair, the update button showed up.

I tried the new patch today and this game is still hitching and stuttering. I'll wait for the next update since I already have a backlog of games.

I tried the new patch today and this game is still hitching and stuttering. I'll wait for the next update since I already have a backlog of games.
It's never ever going to be stutter and hitch free. They never even fixed the hitching and stuttering in the first game.

Getting the dreaded EC:10005 error right now. Anyone know if the service is down? Does EA have a status page for it?

Looked on their help page and this banner was at the top, so they're having issues right now.
1684530353137.png

Last edited:
Back