Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

I have been trying for over an hour to download the update. It just goes to 12% and then stops. Cancelling it just repeats the issue.

EDIT: I see some others on the Steam forums are also having update download issues.

I have to say the EA App sucks balls. It didn't even recognize there was an update for me. I had to force the update by repairing the installation. That installed the update, but then it finally said, there was an update so I pressed it and it updated again in less than 30 seconds after pressing I agree again to some pop up dialog about licenses, but then it said there was an update and it refused to let me play. This is a infinite loop, so I had to exit the EA app and reopen it for it to finally say yeah the game is updated and I can play.

So if you're having problems you can try repairing the game. Not sure if that uses more bandwidth because I don't know how big the actual update is. It did download a lot of data for me but I didn't care because I have an unlimited 1 gbps connection and it was downloading for like 20 mins at around 90 MB/s so it didn't seem to do a diff patch it probably just downloaded the changed files.

I was finally able to get the damn update to fully download after clearing the cache in the EA app.

Select the three dashes in the far-left corner of the EA app
Scroll to Help
Click App recovery
Select Clear cache

Honestly UE4 does seem to have a bigger problem, but I think the widespread issues on all kinds of games and engines tells us UE4 isn't the only reason. Just seems to be more common.

I remember thinking Ace Combat 7 looked so amazing (and still does) for the performance it gave. And now considering how perfectly smooth it is, I appreciate what they did with UE4 even more as time goes on. Insurgency Sandstorm also runs smoothly and that is made by a smaller studio.
It's also a really common engine.

I have to say the EA App sucks balls. It didn't even recognize there was an update for me. I had to force the update by repairing the installation...

the EA App does suck but as far as updating the game it literally shows you right on the game page that an update is available...not sure how anyone can miss it...it's right next to the Play button...the update downloaded in 10 minutes for me...

Last edited:
So I finally finished the game....What a story.....9/10 on the story alone. It's too bad the game has such performance issues for people because the story alone to me was a true masterpiece.

the EA App does suck but as far as updating the game it literally shows you right on the game page that an update in available...not sure how anyone can miss it...it's right next to the Play button...the update downloaded in 10 minutes for me...
It wasn't missed, it wasn't there. When there is an update, the EA app for me (for the first patch) changed the play button to and update and it wouldn't let me play the game at all. No choice in the matter. This time I heard the patch was out this afternoon, I loaded up the EA app, nothing I could just play the game normally. Figured it wasn't out so I closed the app and did other things. Fast forward to around 8pm EST it's not available, I press play and could play the game so I quit out, closed and opened the app a couple of times, nothing no update. I knew it was out people here are having problems just downloading the update. So I just clicked repair and it worked as I stated above.

the EA App does suck but as far as updating the game it literally shows you right on the game page that an update in available...not sure how anyone can miss it...it's right next to the Play button...the update downloaded in 10 minutes for me...
I started the EA app up at nearly 9 PM and it did not show the update for me. I could just hit the play button like LurkerLito said. I then restarted the app after a while and the update finally showed up. And then as I said earlier it would only go to 12% and just stick there no matter how many times I tried until I cleared the EA app cache. There are a few threads on Steam about the update wonkiness some people are getting.

And the play button in your game list on the left changes to a download button when there is an update. Still not having issues with the app after clean installing it.

The funny thing is that sometimes it just isn't there. It's like they roll updates out in stages. There have been times where my wife and I were trying to play the exact same game and one of us would have the update button and the other wouldn't. After a reboot, multiple restarts, etc. it finally showed up for the other one a day later.

The funny thing is that sometimes it just isn't there. It's like they roll updates out in stages. There have been times where my wife and I were trying to play the exact same game and one of us would have the update button and the other wouldn't. After a reboot, multiple restarts, etc. it finally showed up for the other one a day later.
Could be. Steam does something similar be staggering updates for your installed games in the scheduled section, but at least in that case you can still force an update to start.

the patch downloaded pretty quick for me but when I first installed the game on the EA App it took around 3 hours...I have a fast internet connection and don't remember the last time a game download took that long

I got the patch installed around lunch and fired it up. The performance is still atrocious. I will get 130s to 140s in 1 area, turn a corner into another and have it tank to 80s with what is a noticable stutter. Cut scenes will peg my 4090 while cpu hovers in 30% causing fan speed to ramp up on gpu. I don't bother with ray tracing as the look barely changes but the 80s fps with drops to 50s is just terrible. I also now getting really bad scene texture pop in. It was like I could see the border of z texture quality culling. I need to make a video of it but it got worse after the patch now where things flicker in.

Pic below is cutscene in a cave with Cal and Merrin and for the life ofe the game deciding that my gpu must work its hardest for a cutscene. It doesn't seem to want to work my gpu that hard anywhere else.

20230511_163248.jpg
20230511_163228.jpg

Last edited:
Latest update at the very least fixed a lot of the serious stuttering. I imagine the game will never run well with raytracing enabled, however. This game and hogwarts are honestly just too much for UE4.

Man there's some platforming sections on the moon that had me about ready to throw my controller! It's the first time I felt "this is not fun". Definitely more challenging to me than any of the boss fights so far

Last edited:
This game fixed yet? I can’t wait to get back home and pump some idiots with my light saber!

This game fixed yet? I can’t wait to get back home and pump some idiots with my light saber!
Still having issues from what I've been reading. It doesn't seem to be hurting pendragon1's polonyc2's experience much, though. It will ultimately depend on how it runs on your PC. I'm holding out for another patch or two.

Last edited:
I still can't play the game, even after the latest patch. Ridiculous.

I'm 20+ hours into the game and still haven't left the first hub planet- Koboh...so much to do...so many side missions, places to explore, seeds to get, gardening, music/DJ's to get for the saloon...as with all open world games I'm enjoying doing all the extra stuff first before even continuing with the main mission...everything is an upgrade over Fallen Order...the new traversal options such as riding creatures is well done, new light saber stances, clever puzzles, better enemy variety, much more challenging bosses/enemies etc

A+ game for me so far and GOTY...

Is this game crashing in Jedha?

like I said I'm 20+ hours in and I haven't left Koboh yet...I received the new part of the main mission to head to Jedha but I decided to stay on Koboh longer and do some more exploring...I have like 4 rumors aka side missions I want to see if I can complete and maybe do some more saloon upgrades

like I said I'm 20+ hours in and I haven't left Koboh yet...I received the new part of the main mission to head to Jedha but I decided to stay on Koboh longer and do some more exploring...I have like 4 rumors aka side missions I want to see if I can complete and maybe do some more saloon upgrades
Most of the game takes place on Koboh to be honest.

been enjoying the game without raytracing. I will probably replay it on new game + if there are any worthwhile dlc contents and raytracing is fixed

Damnit... the game was working well enough (obviously not perfect) and now I get to a certain point in following the main quest and CTD... :banghead:

Did research at Koboh and went back to Jedha. No crashes so far. Stuttering is way less than before for sure. Especially Koboh seemed much better. Might be placebo but I am not complaining.

The game will 100% crash for me on Jedha whenever you are near the main base with raytracing enabled. Seems to be a nvidia driver issue though, not the game itself. All other sections run reasonably fine now without crashes with the raytracing enabled.

I just did that section with the giant drill on Jedha - Very cool. This game has some incredible sequences, and actually feels like a proper Star Wars game.

I'm using the Nvidia 528.24 drivers from January and no crashes...I almost never update to the 'Game Ready marketing BS' drivers for specific games...it's all Marketing most of the time...real game-specific driver fixes won't come for weeks after the game is officially released

And... entered desert in Jedha and crashed again. Wtf. Downloading that older magic driver now.

I'm finally headed off to Jedha...I think I did all I could do on Koboh on my first visit (45.6% completion)

*I haven't gotten any crashes on Koboh but I haven't visited Jedha yet...traversal stutter- yes...I'm not saying the 528.24 drivers won't crash the game on Jedha

Well, that was fine for 15 mins and crashed again. So yeah not sure which nvidia driver works but for my system, it seems Jedha means crash. Can't play the game.

Have you tried installing the nvidia drivers with the clean install option checked and without geforce experience? Just wondering because I never install geforce experience, the last time I had it installed it was for all of 10 minutes in order to redeem the free game that was offered with my card, then uninstalled it. I am just looking at the ones with a rig sig that posted crashes in Jedah and the common thing is a AMD Ryzen CPU 5xxx or higher and a 4090. I had no crashes at all on Jedah but I am on a 3090, and so far polonyc2 seems to not have crashed yet and has a 3080.

Have you tried installing the nvidia drivers with the clean install option checked and without geforce experience? Just wondering because I never install geforce experience, the last time I had it installed it was for all of 10 minutes in order to redeem the free game that was offered with my card, then uninstalled it. I am just looking at the ones with a rig sig that posted crashes in Jedah and the common thing is a AMD Ryzen CPU 5xxx or higher and a 4090. I had no crashes at all on Jedah but I am on a 3090, and so far polonyc2 seems to not have crashed yet and has a 3080.

I keep repeating this but I haven't reached Jedha yet...I haven't had any crashes on Koboh or Coruscant

It was raytracing. Disabling it allowed me to complete the mission on Jedha. Now I am back on Koboh. It does seem like it is a specific issue w/ AMD and nVidia not playing nice when RT is on.

It was raytracing. Disabling it allowed me to complete the mission on Jedha. Now I am back on Koboh. It does seem like it is a specific issue w/ AMD and nVidia not playing nice when RT is on.

AMD CPU with Nvida GPU is causing issues? Guess I will just disable ray tracing. Will wait for a few more patches.

I'm on Jedha and haven't experienced any crashes yet...I'm up to the part where I met up with Merrin...ray-tracing enabled with an AMD 5800X (not overclocked) and Nvidia 3080 at 1440p...the only issue with Jedha so far was when I first landed the frame rates tanked...but once I moved away from the Mantis everything was fine again

I'm on Jedha and haven't experienced any crashes yet...I'm up to the part where I met up with Merrin...ray-tracing enabled with an AMD 5800X (not overclocked) and Nvidia 3080 at 1440p...the only issue with Jedha so far was when I first landed the frame rates tanked...but once I moved away from the Mantis everything was fine again
From what i've seen it's only happening on 40 series cards, and is likely more of a driver related issue that nvidia needs to fix.

I haven't tried this for that goddamn frog boss yet..

I usually prefer to actually kill things as intended instead of cheesing it but I kinda hate that fucker right now and that's a pretty funny use of the force.

I beat Spawn of Oggdo using that method of force pulling those enemies into the pit...I don't really consider it a cheese strategy as at early levels I think that's what you're supposed to do...he's too tough to fight solo when you first encounter him...I think he's meant to be fought solo later on when you get more powerful

the Spawn of Oggdo + Oggdo Bogdo dual boss fight is way more brutal and there's no enemies around to get them distracted like the solo Oggdo fight...I couldn't beat them and will come back later to deal with them

Last edited:
Went back to Koboh and turned on RT once more and it seems to run fine. Updated bios, sound driver and also chipset drivers. Will go back to latest driver and see if Jedha still crashes.

Tons to do all around. Trying to free a bot and platforming has been great.

Back