Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Yeah a small map in the corner would be nice. I started a NG+ and I was going through the start and many times I was like oh yeah I can't do that yet so this place is off limits.

It's nice that you can still load your old save game file. I am going to ditch my current NG+ and go back and find the other perk slots I missed because I want all the perk slots I can find for NG+.

Yeah a small map in the corner would be nice. I started a NG+ and I was going through the start and many times I was like oh yeah I can't do that yet so this place is off limits.

It's nice that you can still load your old save game file. I am going to ditch my current NG+ and go back and find the other perk slots I missed because I want all the perk slots I can find for NG+.
The blue colored perks you get for NG+ do not require slots and can be activated independently. (Just as a note.)

this is a good looking game but the graphics look a bit softer than Fallen Order...the areas are more wide open with a lot more environmental detail...I'm still very early in the game (Coruscant)...it's a seamless transition from Fallen Order to Survivor...

the softness of the image is the biggest issue I have with the graphics...Fallen Order also had that soft, grain-ey look to it so it's obviously an intentional choice...even with the Film Grain setting disabled the image still looks grain-ey...the art style, overall bigger environments and draw distances are what make the game look next-gen to me

the textures can look really good in spots (almost like ID Tech)...the daytime scenes have too much Bloom enabled which makes the softness stand out even more...it's still a huge upgrade over Fallen Order when you do a 1v1 comparison...the opening planet of Fallen Order (Bracca) vs the opening planet of Survivor (Coruscant)...same with the home hub area in the first game (Bogano) vs Survivor's hub area (Koboh)...it's a night/day difference

Yes I am enjoying it as well. Just finished Shattered Moon and came back to Koboh. Definitely still tons to do and you can’t just go about doing everything, have to wait for powers. I still don’t know how to use those orange balloon platforms but seems I don’t have access for now.

Killed my first bounty. Really loving it. Maybe need to buy a 13900K to avoid hitching as people using that are claiming they good with the game.

Yes I am enjoying it as well. Just finished Shattered Moon and came back to Koboh. Definitely still tons to do and you can’t just go about doing everything, have to wait for powers. I still don’t know how to use those orange balloon platforms but seems I don’t have access for now.

Killed my first bounty. Really loving it. Maybe need to buy a 13900K to avoid hitching as people using that are claiming they good with the game.
You might have to turn off the E-Cores with a 13900K.

The blue colored perks you get for NG+ do not require slots and can be activated independently. (Just as a note.)
Thanks, I know about those but I just didn't get all the regular ones. I only have 5 I think there are 8 total so I missed several of them.

You might have to turn off the E-Cores with a 13900K.
There is zero reason to do that now. Maybe before that patch that came out right after the release it was an issue but after the patch that does not help at all. I've already tested them on and off and there's practically zero difference. There is absolutely no difference in smoothness whatsoever. Even digital foundry went back and ran the game without hyperthreading or efficiency cores and there was not one single bit of difference in smoothness.

the softness of the image is the biggest issue I have with the graphics...Fallen Order also had that soft, grain-ey look to it so it's obviously an intentional choice...even with the Film Grain setting disabled the image still looks grain-ey...

I think the best comparison in terms of graphics is the recent Tomb Raider reboots...looks almost exactly the same as both have that soft grain-ey look

There is zero reason to do that now. Maybe before that patch that came out right after the release it was an issue but after the patch that does not help at all. I've already tested them on and off and there's practically zero difference. There is absolutely no difference in smoothness whatsoever. Even digital foundry went back and ran the game without hyperthreading or efficiency cores and there was not one single bit of difference in smoothness.

I had to turn them off after the patch.

I had to turn them off after the patch.
Can you actually do a benchmark with a frame time graph with them on and then off? Again, I tested it and there is absolutely no difference in smoothness or FPS drops. If you are on completely uncapped frame rates there's maybe a three or four percent overall FPS difference and that is it. And again digital foundry just showed the same exact thing that I'm seeing. So I would question why you would have a completely different experience.

Can you actually do a benchmark with a frame time graph with them on and then off? Again, I tested it and there is absolutely no difference in smoothness or FPS drops. If you are on completely uncapped frame rates there's maybe a three or four percent overall FPS difference and that is it. And again digital foundry just showed the same exact thing that I'm seeing. So I would question why you would have a completely different experience.
Eh, I really doubt Dan_D is pulling your leg on it.

Eh, I really doubt Dan_D is pulling your leg on it.
No, he's one of the last people around here that I would think is full of it. I just want to see actual proof that it's an issue on his system because it certainly isn't in any of the reviews of the game or in my own testing either.

Patch coming. Issue with e cores still pending.

1683602734243.png

Patch coming. Issue with e cores still pending.

View attachment 569166
It says improving performance with efficiency cores. Digital Foundry found only a very small over performance difference but no stuttering difference at all. I believe the two people in this thread claimed the game was stuttering way more while using the efficiency cores. So far there is not one single bit of actual proof from any review site or any individual that the ecores cause stuttering after that initial patch last week.

performance wise, this is my biggest issue with the game...I'm sure it's going to take multiple patches before we see a major improvement
How can that fix that in this game when they never did fix it in the first game? Heck probably 75% of UE games have those type of hitches to some degree.

I never said it would be completely fixed...I said improved...same way it was improved with Returnal, Last of Us and Fallen Order
Well Fallen Order is by probably the most stuttery game I have ever played. Some areas are just loaded with spot after spot that triggers a hitch or even occasionally a large stutter.

I just landed on Koboh. So far I am enjoying it. Seems like a good continuation of the series to me.

For fun, I tried firing this up on an old Windows 10 i7 6700k system with an RTX 3090... This game was hillariously CPU bottlnecked, running 40-45 FPS at 4k, Epic settings, no AMD Fidelity FX.... Turning it down to 1080p didn't really make any difference.

On my Windows 11 AMD Ryzen 5800x3D RTX 4090 machine, I'm seeing mostly 60-70 FPS at 4k. I won't say there i no stuttering, but it seems to very in frequency depending on where in the game world you are. It improved a lot on Koboh, but then I am just in the first parts of that area, so...

Anyhow

On the EA Play app, for what it's worth, I had no issues with a clean install on my new 7800X3D build. I figured that I would try it out on a clean installation since workarounds for Origin won't work forever, and it seems most people who were having issues was from migrating directly from Origin.

I never finished Fallen Order, so I am going to do that before playing this. Hopefully performance will be further improved by the time I get around to it.

normally I love minimalist HUD's but this game really could have used a mini-map or some kind of on-screen navigation
Not needed. Just enable the button for audible navigation which makes a bong in the direction you need to go for a tracked objective.

Well Fallen Order is by probably the most stuttery game I have ever played. Some areas are just loaded with spot after spot that triggers a hitch or even occasionally a large stutter.
It really is pretty rough. I won’t allow myself to purchase this unless I finish FO, and with how poor it runs I’m pretty skeptical about whether this one will ever run all that well.

The patch that dropped yesterday on console (mentioned above) is now available on PC was PC-specific changes.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi/jedi-survivor/patch-notes

Patch 4 Details
Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:
  • (PC only) Updated occlusion behavior for raytracing, reducing idle time stalls.
  • (PC only) Updated streaming budgets that will help alleviate traversal hitching.
  • (PC only) Performance improvements for some VFX.
    • Coming soon to console
  • (PC only) Updated data handling when toggling raytracing, improving non-raytraced performance.
  • (PS5 only) Fixed an HDR value mismatch that would cause HDR setups to display incorrectly for PS5 users.
  • Fixed various save state errors.
  • Fixed a streaming issue that causes some streaming scenarios to end on a black screen.
  • Fixed an issue where one of the vents did not properly activate in Stone Spires.
  • Audio fix for a narrative moment where music was behaving incorrectly.
  • Fixed lightsaber marks not displaying correctly in some scenarios.
  • Fixed a scenario where the player could enter a progression blocked state in the Lucrehulk.
  • Fixed an elevator to prevent the player from falling through it and entering a progression blocked state.
  • Fixed a bug where Rayvis would become unbeatable.
  • Fixed a severe animation issue that would break a late game narrative sequence.
  • Fixed a collision bug where players can get stuck inside a Meditation Chamber.
  • Added a note explaining that some of BD-1’s abilities are not available while in combat.
  • Improved text scrolling.
  • Minor text translation fixes.
  • Various crash fixes.
More work continues
Additionally, here are a few known issues we’re currently investigating and working on for future patches.
  • (PC only) Improving performance on newer i7 and i9 CPUs that have efficiency cores.
  • (PC only) General performance improvements to improve both CPU and GPU utilization while reducing idle time, both with and without raytracing.
  • (PC only) Improving some hitching which can be attributed to streaming raytracing data, assets, and a gap in our prebuilt shaders.
  • Various bug fixes.
  • And more!
Be on the lookout for future patches across all platforms. Let us know if you run into any further issues and thank you again for your continued support.

The patch that dropped yesterday on console (mentioned above) is now available on PC was PC-specific changes.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi/jedi-survivor/patch-notes

Patch 4 Details
Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:
  • (PC only) Updated occlusion behavior for raytracing, reducing idle time stalls.
  • (PC only) Updated streaming budgets that will help alleviate traversal hitching.
  • (PC only) Performance improvements for some VFX.
    • Coming soon to console
  • (PC only) Updated data handling when toggling raytracing, improving non-raytraced performance.
  • (PS5 only) Fixed an HDR value mismatch that would cause HDR setups to display incorrectly for PS5 users.
  • Fixed various save state errors.
  • Fixed a streaming issue that causes some streaming scenarios to end on a black screen.
  • Fixed an issue where one of the vents did not properly activate in Stone Spires.
  • Audio fix for a narrative moment where music was behaving incorrectly.
  • Fixed lightsaber marks not displaying correctly in some scenarios.
  • Fixed a scenario where the player could enter a progression blocked state in the Lucrehulk.
  • Fixed an elevator to prevent the player from falling through it and entering a progression blocked state.
  • Fixed a bug where Rayvis would become unbeatable.
  • Fixed a severe animation issue that would break a late game narrative sequence.
  • Fixed a collision bug where players can get stuck inside a Meditation Chamber.
  • Added a note explaining that some of BD-1’s abilities are not available while in combat.
  • Improved text scrolling.
  • Minor text translation fixes.
  • Various crash fixes.
More work continues
Additionally, here are a few known issues we’re currently investigating and working on for future patches.
  • (PC only) Improving performance on newer i7 and i9 CPUs that have efficiency cores.
  • (PC only) General performance improvements to improve both CPU and GPU utilization while reducing idle time, both with and without raytracing.
  • (PC only) Improving some hitching which can be attributed to streaming raytracing data, assets, and a gap in our prebuilt shaders.
  • Various bug fixes.
  • And more!
Be on the lookout for future patches across all platforms. Let us know if you run into any further issues and thank you again for your continued support.
Just checked and I don't see the PC update yet. I'm in the US on the east coast.

Just checked and I don't see the PC update yet. I'm in the US on the east coast.
Patch has been out for awhile now in Canada ,guess usa needs to wait a few days.Nothing has changed and stil stuttering mess.

I throw you a bone restart EA desktop

I tried the game after applying the patch and there's still shader compilation and traversal stutter. I see no improvement.

I tried the game after applying the patch and there's still shader compilation and traversal stutter. I see no improvement.
No one should be surprised. I knew this would be an issue considering how the first game runs. It seems to be damn near impossible to make any unreal engine game run without at least some hitching or stuttering. Go look at the Callisto protocol as the patch that came out a while back reintroduced the hitching and stuttering. Even go back and look at unreal engine games from 10 years ago and most of them have at least some hitching and stuttering too. Unreal engine is the biggest absolute piece of crap ever made and very few game makers seem to know how to make it work, especially on PC.

(PC only) Improving performance on newer i7 and i9 CPUs that have efficiency cores.

What about i5 CPUs that have efficiency cores? Or older i7 and i9 CPUs that have efficiency cores?

Changelogs should have precise statements.

What about i5 CPUs that have efficiency cores? Or older i7 and i9 CPUs that have efficiency cores?

Changelogs should have precise statements.
Digital foundry had a video showing disabling the efficiency cores does absolutely zero to change stuttering and hitching. And my testing mirrors that experience showing absolutely zero difference as far as drops and stutters go. I have seen literally only two people claim it makes any difference and no proof at all to actually show it. As I've said over and over and over again, even CPUs that have no efficiency cores have the exact same stuttering so that shouldn't be too hard to figure out it's not the efficiency cores causing that.

Patch fixed my issue using FSR. Game is much smoother for me in 4k now! Too bad im almost finished with the game :( laugh.

What a great story!

I'm loving the game despite the traversal stutter...I'm exploring every inch of the massive world even early on when I know I can't access certain areas without some upgrades...I'm finally ready to leave Koboh for the first time...I explored 38.7% of the planet

Sweet, now the game crashes on me almost immediately. I don't think I'm meant to enjoy this game.

Same.
First updated yesterday to the new old patch and it started crashing during the "optimizing game files" screen. I wasn't even able to play the game.

I am STILL not able to play the game as the new "update" completely stops at 207MB when downloading. What a croc of shit.

Honestly UE4 does seem to have a bigger problem, but I think the widespread issues on all kinds of games and engines tells us UE4 isn't the only reason. Just seems to be more common.

I remember thinking Ace Combat 7 looked so amazing (and still does) for the performance it gave. And now considering how perfectly smooth it is, I appreciate what they did with UE4 even more as time goes on. Insurgency Sandstorm also runs smoothly and that is made by a smaller studio.

Back