Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

even very early on I'm loving this game...Fallen Order was excellent as well but this is an improvement in almost every way- new Force powers such as Confuse, Jedi mind trick...the grappling hook feels very Batman Arkham-ey but it works...dismemberment is a nice addition...the Companion assist is the one new feature I'm not a fan of as I hate co-op type of elements...but it's not something you have to use so I'm fine with it
No spoilers, but it gets way better later on in the story when it comes to combat and abilities etc. If you put all the terrible things aside (controls, menu, performance issues etc). The story, combat and just the flow of the story is so well done. It really is too bad the launch wasn't better because this game to me is top notch. The story keeps me wanting more, exploring the worlds, finding new shit......

Companies need to realize that a Launch reception is way more important than "Eh we will patch it later and fix it". That shit does not fly anymore.

even with the stuttering it's still an amazing experience in terms of gameplay...too bad the performance issues are going to overshadow the game itself...I'm playing on an RTX 3080 at 1440p (native, no FSR), 144hz G-Sync display, everything maxed out including ray-tracing On and I'm getting slightly over 60fps...dips down a bit sometimes but overall it's not as terrible as I thought going in

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 6.png
    6.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 7.png
    7.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
this really feels like a next-gen game...feels similar to Fallen Order but also a major step up in terms of gameplay and overall scope...Coruscant was a gorgeous introduction/tutorial area...I just landed on Koboh and it looks massive

I'm not finding the graphics all that impressive for a so-called next-gen game. In fact, the whole opening sequence does not look the least bit next gen to me.

And by the way, I finally got around to testing it with and without the efficiency cores and it made practically zero difference. I'd say the number of little frame rate drops was pretty much exactly the same in either case. Maybe before the patch the efficiency cores were causing some problems but they certainly don't now.

even with the stuttering it's still an amazing experience in terms of gameplay...too bad the performance issues are going to overshadow the game itself...I'm playing on an RTX 3080 at 1440p (native, no FSR), 144hz G-Sync display, everything maxed out including ray-tracing On and I'm getting slightly over 60fps...dips down a bit sometimes but overall it's not as terrible as I thought going in

this really feels like a next-gen game...feels similar to Fallen Order but also a major step up in terms of gameplay and overall scope...Coruscant was a gorgeous introduction/tutorial area...I just landed on Koboh and it looks massive
Wait until the next planet :) Dont get too lost in exploring everything because you won't be able to until later :)

Also, make sure to read a lot of the Echo's you find, not just pick them up :p. But, I am huge star wars lore person so it was good read on some of them.

Wait until the next planet :) Dont get too lost in exploring everything because you won't be able to until later :)

Also, make sure to read a lot of the Echo's you find, not just pick them up :p. But, I am huge star wars lore person so it was good read on some of them.

both games do an amazing job of making you feel like a Jedi...the only negative is the map...pre-release the developers talked about how much they worked on improving it for the sequel- but it still sucks...some small improvements in terms of readability and the addition of beacons but overall I explore everything by sight versus relying on the map

Towards the end of Coruscant, my fps really took a dive versus the earlier portion. I was enjoying around 100fps then as I was finishing up the area, the average fps dropped to 80s with dips to 60s. It made combat feel weird though even on grand master, the parry timing was very very forgiving.

Koboh is a mixed bag, in some areas I am enjoying as much as 130fps, in others I'm dropping to 80s. The area IS EMPTY, barely any life or npc around, just the draw distance is insane and for the life of me, if shit is too far to be seen as more than a few pixels, don't process it like it's within 20 ft of me. I don't get how shit like this is acceptable game design (my god damn degree is in computer game design).

Also traversal stutter has not gone away, it's always around. You notice it every time you are entering a new area. The game also is MUCH easier than fallen order to me. I had many times in fallen order where I'd die and have to repeat fights. I feel like they really really made Cal op early on from the get go. The only thing so far that really wrecked me badly and required multiple attempts was the Rancor fight.

Last edited:
Towards the end of Coruscant, my fps really took a dive versus the earlier portion. I was enjoying around 100fps then as I was finishing up the area, the average fps dropped to 80s with dips to 60s. It made combat feel weird though even on grand master, the parry timing was very very forgiving.

Koboh is a mixed bag, in some areas I am enjoying as much as 130fps, in others I'm dropping to 80s. The area IS EMPTY, barely any life or npc around, just the draw distance is insane and for the life of me, if shit is too far to be seen as more than a few pixels, don't process it like it's within 20 ft of me. I don't get how shit like this is acceptable game design (my god damn degree is in computer game design).

Also traversal stutter has not gone away, it's always around. You notice it every time you are entering a new area. The game also is MUCH easier than fallen order to me. I had many times in fallen order where I'd die and have to repeat fights. I feel like they really really made Cal op early on from the get go. The only thing so far that really wrecked me badly and required multiple attempts was the Rancor fight.
Same, the fps difference from area to area is staggering. I started running low everywhere. Can't be bothered anymore.

Hit Jedha. However, game keeps crashing after I get the big animal. Already tried twice. Will try one more time.

Even updated my chipset drivers and probably will try running with MSI AB off.

However, enjoying the game a lot. Even did 2 skill point farming at derelict dam. Just all around a good time. Once minor stutters are fixed it can definitely be an amazing game.

I am not sure what is causing the stuttering though. I dropped resolution to 1440P and stuttering was still there.

Hit Jedha. However, game keeps crashing after I get the big animal. Already tried twice. Will try one more time.

However, enjoying the game a lot. Even did 2 skill point farming at derelict dam. Just all around a good time. Once minor stutters are fixed it can definitely be an amazing game.

I am not sure what is causing the stuttering though. I dropped resolution to 1440P and stuttering was still there.

It's not a video card issue or an issue with the game being too demanding. There are issues with certain CPUs and just the PC platform overall. I turned off my E-cores which made a big difference though I still see stuttering every once in awhile. Mostly it appears in cutscenes rather than gameplay. Though it still can misbehave slightly when transitioning to new areas.

there's definitely traversal stutter...as far as combat, both Fallen Order and Survivor aren't really difficult (playing on Jedi Master)...it's challenging in spots but the parry timings are so generous that all you really need to master is parrying and dodging...a lot of enemies have unblockable attacks so you need to dodge those while parrying the rest

For me the hardest part of the game is the gang up fights. Usually a small group is fine, but when a large group + harder opponents mix together it gets hard to keep track of everyone and I just get hit by the annoying pseudo-jedi enemies who I never even saw the unblockable coming.

Same issue here, getting a dx12 error on crash :(

when a large group + harder opponents mix together it gets hard to keep track of everyone and I just get hit by the annoying pseudo-jedi enemies who I never even saw the unblockable coming.

there's also an audio que when an unblockable attack is coming so you don't really even need to see the enemy...just listen for the audio

Ok, this might sound stupid and don't make 20 posts telling me how wrong I am but since I turned off MSI AB, the framerates are near perfect, no hitching in exact same spot that I was having trouble with (big desert, big animal, no spoiler). Wow. Difference is amazing.
Secondly, game keeps crashing in Jeddha with a DX12 error. Quite stupid but if you retry you can usually make the next checkpoint. I just met Cere and now need to go to another planet.

But hot damn, no more hitching. Damn MSI AB!

I'm still early on in Koboh but I haven't had a single crash...it's the traversal stutter that's the biggest issue for me

listening to the conversations between the various droids, enemies etc is also something that is worthwhile to do...

listening to the conversations between the various droids, enemies etc is also something that is worthwhile to do...

HAHA I got to Jedha and whatever was in the sand went after some storm troopers. I found them and I hear them say "Do you think we're safe in here?"...

queue light saber sound.. :ROFLMAO:

Ok, this might sound stupid and don't make 20 posts telling me how wrong I am but since I turned off MSI AB, the framerates are near perfect, no hitching in exact same spot that I was having trouble with (big desert, big animal, no spoiler). Wow. Difference is amazing.
Secondly, game keeps crashing in Jeddha with a DX12 error. Quite stupid but if you retry you can usually make the next checkpoint. I just met Cere and now need to go to another planet.

Hmmm interesting I might have to turn that off see if it stops some of the hitching I get here and there

the Rancor boss is definitely the most difficult fight in either of the 2 games (especially for an early level fight)

Were you injecting RivaTuner into the game exe?

spawn of oggdo is more difficult than rancor,most people probably just miss spawn of oggdo
if that's the frog thing from the first game then yeah I agree. I was really surprised, I had a very difficult time with the timing of it's attacks. What's even harder is the fractured space that you have to fight 2 of them at the same time.

Rancor was easy. I cheesed him by getting him next to the wall and then continue using dual saber spinning attack on his feet and dodging everytime he picked up his feet.

That frog is a mofo though. Still didn’t beat it and also didn’t collect back my force. Rather went to derelict dam to get some free skill points lol.

And yes Riva + MSI AB was running. After turning it off things have been smoother.

Rancor was a tricky one but that was my first proper boss encounter and I didn't know the ins and outs of combat with the game fully like I now do after 22 hours in the story.

Liking the game, visuals and mechanics a lot, just a shame about the shader stuttering and stability when RT is enabled, especially in Jedha. They need to patch it ASAP...

Here's how it ran with RT off on Shattered Moon for me on a 4090, I am playing 4586x1920 (DLDSR) and Epic settings otherwise.

Jedha on the other hand it's 75-100fps nominal... Just all over the place depending on where you are in the game.

And screenshots, I really like photo mode, you can freely move the camera anywhere for perfect compositions which is one of my big praises of the game.

LIsMdE1.jpg

lkJxKke.jpg

otq3wuJ.jpg

1ckZLPr.jpg

vMa33g7.jpg

Dh0FBRC.jpg

uaIma4j.jpg

9KjfTTn.jpg

5prl885.jpg

I haven't tried this for that goddamn frog boss yet..

I usually prefer to actually kill things as intended instead of cheesing it but I kinda hate that fucker right now and that's a pretty funny use of the force.

Respawn and EA really undersold just how massive the game is...reminds me of Elden Ring in that regard...the side missions/rumors, saloon stuff etc all is a huge time sink...figuring out how to access some of the areas is also a bit tricky

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I haven't tried this for that goddamn frog boss yet..
I usually prefer to actually kill things as intended instead of cheesing it but I kinda hate that fucker right now and that's a pretty funny use of the force.
That was a good idea

I just ran across Spawn of Oggdo and yeah he's really tough at lower levels...I might have to come back later and fight him...he's too tough now...his follow-up attacks are so quick

I love that the game is much more challenging at the Jedi Master difficulty level than Fallen Order...much more variation in the enemy types as well...everything is an upgrade over the original game

Attachments

• 8.png
    8.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 9.png
    9.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 10.png
    10.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 11.png
    11.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Only thing I dont like about the game is 20 minutes of traversal and 2 minutes of fighting....repeat process.... Otherwise it runs great on my 5950x and 6900xt both at stock.

I did have 2 crashes today for the first time but only when I had HDR enabled on my main 48" C1 OLED.

I'm not finding the graphics all that impressive for a so-called next-gen game. In fact, the whole opening sequence does not look the least bit next gen to me.

And by the way, I finally got around to testing it with and without the efficiency cores and it made practically zero difference. I'd say the number of little frame rate drops was pretty much exactly the same in either case. Maybe before the patch the efficiency cores were causing some problems but they certainly don't now.
I wonder where this whole ‘next gen’ thing even came from?

This game isn’t ‘next gen’ because it’s clearly tied down by this generation’s console limitations. I said it earlier in this thread, forcing us to pass through narrow corridors is just an old-fashioned way of disguising an area load into memory. There’s nothing next-gen about this.

The graphics are terrific - but this is mostly just great art direction. As far as the gameplay is concerned, the lightsaber duels are fantastic - but they’re not really anything new, or next-gen; they’re just really well done.

I could maybe forgive a true next-gen title for being problematic, but this game isn’t next-gen and there’s really no excuse for the game being released in such a shoddy state - other than the presently fashionable excuse that ‘this is how it is with most games these days’.

This game, for me, will be one of those that I’ll happily play a year after release, when everything will likely be ironed out. Add it to the list.

Back