Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

And how old is that list? Last time I looked they said every single game is compatible with efficiency cores on Windows 11. In fact, that was one of the things I researched before I decided to fool with going with the CPU like a 13700k instead of an AMD CPU. I've been playing games for months now and there hasn't been one single goddamn game that's had an issue on my end because of the efficiency cores.
I think his was from Guru 3D, here's another one from last year as well:
https://www.pcmag.com/news/intel-these-50-plus-pc-games-are-incompatible-with-alder-lake-cpus-due

Then there all the other ones I still play that are only single thread aware and the E Cores confuse the shit out of that too.

Well good for you! Doesn't mean there isn't an issue with the E-Cores in games. IMO if you aren't willing to help troubleshoot issues for people so we can make this fantastic game work for them....Then why do you keep posting?

You aren't bringing much to this thread other than complaining. A lot of people have tried to help you, yet you seem to just complain over and over about the issue we all know everyone is having.
Help me? I haven't asked for help with anything. And I noticed how you ignored the simple question of how old is that list. That's because you know that list has been updated and there is officially no games that aren't supposed to work in windows 11 with efficiency cores.

Help me? I haven't asked for help with anything. And I noticed how you ignored the simple question of how old is that list. That's because you know that list has been updated and there is officially no games that aren't supposed to work in windows 11 with efficiency cores.
Didn't you mention that you never heard of issues with games and E-cores? You acted like this was never an issue....Well I posted a list of games that had issues with this design. So don't be so alarmed to find out its an issue when its been known for a long time.

I did a quick google search to find games that have/had issues with this design. In my post I even posted (Most have been fixed). So, even if the list is old it is still evidence that this CPU design can cause issues.

I know you are trying to do gotcha moments, complaining about "I shouldn't have to do this to play a game" You are correct, but in this case its possible its a hardware issue (Which it is) which is causing the issues for some (Not all). I mean if your a PC gamer......you have to expect to troubleshoot when things don't work right. There is a reason we are on a [H]ardocp forum. People just dont plug and play around here.

Then why do you keep posting?
Idk. They think people are excusing the faults when nobody is doing that. I think practically everyone here has said it's another shoddy port, but some are willing to trying to do workarounds to make it enjoyable for now. Just like most other ports. Also lol, apparently E cores can never ever have issues. Reviewers said so.

I clearly said over and over and over that as of now every single current in-depth review has shown that it is more beneficial to have the efficiency cores on. I've also said that officially in the current state there are no games that are supposed to have issues on Windows 11. You keep posting old information as if it's current when it's not. If there is a game that causes stuttering than I have never heard of that until it was mentioned in this thread about this game. Now if there's another game then fair enough but I have not heard of that before.

I answered it for him. See my post above.

My quote also includes a number of titles (including Jedi Fallen Order) that haven't been fixed.

So, either you are incapable of reading or.... You're linear, like someone wearing blinders.

Which is why I listed games that did have issues. Just because YOU never heard of it doesn't mean it never happened.
And I asked you how old that list was and you still can't answer. When I did research before getting my 13700k it was shown that officially there was not any games that were not supposed to have support.

And I asked you how old that list was and you still can't answer. When I did research before getting my 13700k it was shown that officially there was not any games that were not supposed to have support.
Uhhhhhhhhh...... I just lost intelligence, I think... Your responses are damaging my psyche

There is a reason there is a bios setting on Intel motherboards for legacy stuff....It's for games/software that don't work well with the newer Intel CPU's. I guess the research you did or the youtube reviewers you watch left that part out.

There is a reason there is a bios settings on Intel motherboards for legacy....It's for games/software that don't work well with the newer Intel CPU's. I guess the research you did or the youtube reviewers you watch left that part out.
The fact that after three times I've asked you to tell me how old that list is and you won't just shows me that is an outdated list but yet you're going to keep hammering on. So I'll say yet again when I did my research every single game on Windows 11 was supposed to be supported. Months before that there were some issues still but that list was updated and again there was no games listed when I got my CPU. If there was a game that had an issue, then you know damn well it's'some extremely rare exception that somehow somebody missed.

Yeah I finally had to ignore the troll. Hopefully we can get back on topic.
Or you can maybe grow up and realize somebody else has a different opinion than yours. But you two keep jerking each other off and seem to be enjoying it so why stop now?

Or you can maybe grow up and realize somebody else has a different opinion than yours. But you two keep jerking each other off and seem to be enjoying it so why stop now?
Hang on, let me break out the Crisco and KY. Gotta run home to get it, that way we won't have any chafing.

You do you, dude. But if that opinion decides to try to tell others what they should believe, then you're just a damn troll like the rest of em.

What's trolling is posting an outdated list and pretending like it's current and then just ignoring it when you're asked about it over and over.
You're a Troll, I will have nothing further to do with you, ever. Have a nice day.

STAR WARS Jedi Survivor Patch May 1st 2023 CPU Bottleneck Test 1080p 1440p 2160p.Patch helped a little with bottleneck on CPU with Ray Tracing off. Running from Riverbed Watch to Ramblers Reach Outpost where it is hard on the CPU

Results of test

Jedi Survivor Epic Settings RT OFF

♦ CPU - Intel 13700KF With MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2
♦ GPU -GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC
♦ RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB CL36 6400MT's
♦ Mobo - ASUS Prime Z-690 P DDR5 (BIOS 2212)
♦ NVME - ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade Read:7400MB/s; Write: 5500MB/s

1920x1080 JediSurvivor.exe benchmark completed, 7638 frames rendered in 63.219 s
Average framerate : 120.8 FPS
Minimum framerate : 84.1 FPS
Maximum framerate : 155.6 FPS
1% low framerate : 53.0 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 15.1 FPS
2560x1440 JediSurvivor.exe benchmark completed, 7707 frames rendered in 63.703 s
Average framerate : 120.9 FPS
Minimum framerate : 85.3 FPS
Maximum framerate : 154.6 FPS
1% low framerate : 55.8 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 12.4 FPS

3840x2160 JediSurvivor.exe benchmark completed, 6949 frames rendered in 63.875 s
Average framerate : 108.7 FPS
Minimum framerate : 80.8 FPS
Maximum framerate : 128.0 FPS
1% low framerate : 46.3 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 15.3 FPS

Welcome to modern gaming. Where Intel sponsors Total War Warhammer 3's latest patch and that game still has reported issues with e-cores a year after release.

And it would make it the only game I know of that has a performance problem such a stuttering with those e cores. There are only a handful of games that even lose any performance and it's usually just a few percent. But overall, those efficiency cores give the same or better performance and in most cases make the overall experience smoother. That's not even factoring what they do outside of gaming. So no way in hell I'm going to disable them for a single defective game even if that was the fix. And I'm still calling BS on that so-called fix because again there is report after a report after report from very trustworthy review sites that have the same exact stuttering on CPUs that do not even use efficiency cores.

Anyway, I decided to pick the game up and will test it out myself tonight. I noticed it's usually the same people that say this game runs fine also said they didn't have any stuttering in the first game. Anyone that says the first game didn't stutter for them has absolutely zero credibility as they are beyond oblivious. I have played the first game on numerous configurations over the years and it stutters in the exact same places every single time and is easily reproducible. In fact, I used to get into the debates on the steam forums and not one goddamn person could prove me wrong when I said show me a video in that exact area that I would give for an example.
I think his was from Guru 3D, here's another one from last year as well:
https://www.pcmag.com/news/intel-these-50-plus-pc-games-are-incompatible-with-alder-lake-cpus-due

Then there all the other ones I still play that are only single thread aware and the E Cores confuse the shit out of that too.

You can set a bios option to disable/enable them in real time, with scroll lock. Its often called "legacy game mode".

If I have to disable part of my hardware for a game to function properly then that goddamn game is broken. And later when I get home I will link to a couple of videos that show overall, it is much better to have those efficiency cores enabled for gaming. And in both of the videos that I will link, there was not a single game that had stuttering issues. And if anything, the efficiency cores made the overall experience in gaming better, never mind overall computing. Hell, those efficiency cores are a tremendous help during the shader compilation, especially in the Last of us.
With 12th gen, some games perform a little worse with E-cores on. Because the P cores and E core ring bus speed (cache speed) is connected. And with the e cores turned on, it downclocks the ring bus speed for the P cores. But, when you disable the e-cores, the P core ring bus clocks back up.
For 13th gen, Intel de-coupled those speeds. So you don't lose performance in some apps/games, with both cores enabled.

Yeah I finally had to ignore the troll. Hopefully we can get back on topic.

i tried to tell them the same thing a few pages back, or maybe in the other thread. GB even made a utility to do it from windows, for a reason.
these issues will eventually get worked out but like i keep saying, early adopters/day1 guys need to know how to roll with this kinda thing...

What's trolling is posting an outdated list and pretending like it's current and then just ignoring it when you're asked about it over and over.
I think you misunderstand what the issue is and how its been mitigated over time. The initial issue was with DRM and Intel's 12th generation processors which was known to break some 50 games outright. Microsoft and Intel released updates to resolve these issues for the most part. There are still issues with Windows 10 and 12th/13th generation CPU's which boils down to the scheduler in Windows 10 not knowing what to do with E-cores and certain applications and games on those CPU's. This is why people will tell you that running Windows 11 with 12th and 13th generation Intel CPU's is basically a "must."
Then your research is incomplete. It is not as if game developers have been going back to games that are several years old and adding support for 12th and 13th generation CPU's. You can basically guarantee that anything released six months or more prior to the 12th generation Intel CPU release doesn't have "support" for processors that have E-cores and probably never will. Again, the Windows 11's scheduler was designed to address these issues and for the vast majority of games it does. However, there is literally a setting in the BIOS on every 600 and 700 series chipset board that allows you to enable a toggle (via scroll lock) to enable or disable E-Cores on the fly. You can also go into the BIOS and disable the E-cores in cases where they cause problems and no software updates or OS patches are available to resolve the issue.

It seems as though Jedi Survivor does have problems with CPUs that have E-Cores even in Windows 11. I eliminated the microstuttering I was experiencing by turning mine off.

And I don't know how many times I have to say the same thing over and over. Again, over the last few months I looked at numerous current up-to-date comparisons of running with and without the efficiency cores. Yes they might have missed a game that's supposedly does have stuttering issues but in none of those reviews was a game ever listed as being a problem and this would be dozens and dozens of games. Yet again and again. I will say that if there is a game that has a problem, it is ridiculous to think it is anything other than an extremely rare exception. The overall take away from every single one of those comparisons was that it makes more sense to keep the efficiency cores enabled, not only from a performance standpoint, but from a smoothness standpoint. Yes, there were a few games that lost a little bit of performance but there were no bad side effects such as stuttering that was mentioned anywhere. And so bottom line is no matter how much nonsense is claimed in this thread, overall, it makes more sense to have the efficiency cores enabled on Windows 11. Posting very old articles or outdated list and then having the nerve to call me a troll for mentioning it and debating about it is hilarious.

For this game specifically, if I do see some stuttering then I'll try it without the efficiency cores to see if it makes any difference.

And I don't know how many times I have to say the same thing over and over. Again, over the last few months I looked at numerous current up-to-date comparisons of running with and without the efficiency cores. Yes they might have missed a game that's supposedly does have stuttering issues but in none of those reviews was a game ever listed as being a problem and this would be dozens and dozens of games. Yet again and again. I will say that if there is a game that has a problem, it is ridiculous to think it is anything other than an extremely rare exception. The overall take away from every single one of those comparisons was that it makes more sense to keep the efficiency cores enabled, not only from a performance standpoint, but from a smoothness standpoint. Yes, there were a few games that lost a little bit of performance but there were no bad side effects such as stuttering that was mentioned anywhere. And so bottom line is no matter how much nonsense is claimed in this thread, overall, it makes more sense to have the efficiency cores enabled on Windows 11. Posting very old articles or outdated list and then having the nerve to call me a troll for mentioning it and debating about it is hilarious.

For this game specifically, if I do see some stuttering then I'll try it without the efficiency cores to see if it makes any difference.
Is the stutter with us in the room right now?

Troubleshooting potential issues is nonsense? You got into an argument because 2 people said they disabled E cores and it made things better. They didn't even say it was a widespread issue, but that hey, maybe it can pop up here and there.
So you went through everything I said and took that part out of context. Congratulations. What I was calling nonsense was the fact that a couple people gave me the impression that it's business as usual to still have problems with efficiency cores in several games and that maybe it would be better to have them off overall. That is complete nonsense and a horrible take for something that is an exception and not the norm. Just like when Spider-Man came out it had trouble with hyperthreading but overall it would have been stupid to turn it off system wide just because of one game having issues that eventually got fixed.

So you went through everything I said and took that part out of context. Congratulations. What I was calling nonsense was the fact that a couple people gave me the impression that it's business as usual to have problems with efficiency cores and that maybe it would be better to have them off overall. That is complete nonsense and a horrible take for something that is an exception and not the norm. Just like when Spider-Man came out it had trouble with hyperthreading but overall it would have been stupid to turn it off system wide just because of one game having issues that eventually got fixed.
Sure, but it's easy to toggle. Is the stutter here in the room with us now?

So you went through everything I said and took that part out of context. Congratulations. What I was calling nonsense was the fact that a couple people gave me the impression that it's business as usual to still have problems with efficiency cores in several games and that maybe it would be better to have them off overall. That is complete nonsense and a horrible take for something that is an exception and not the norm. Just like when Spider-Man came out it had trouble with hyperthreading but overall it would have been stupid to turn it off system wide just because of one game having issues that eventually got fixed.
But like...you can just hit a button apparently. It's not ideal, but whatever. It's a decent enough bypass for now.

the new EA App sucks...I never had any issues with EA Origin but now I'm getting error messages when I try and log in...error messages when I try and download Jedi: Survivor...terrible!

the new EA App sucks...I never had any issues with EA Origin but now I'm getting error messages when I try and log in...error messages when I try and download Jedi: Survivor...terrible!
Occasionally it just shows up blank for me. I have to close and restart it for the store and all my games to show up. Also people have been complaining ever since it came out about how stuttery and sluggish it is. If you try to drag the window around, it will make you think you have your monitor on the wrong refresh rate because it's so sluggish. EA is well aware of it and don't seem to be concerned at all about fixing any of the complaints people have had.

Occasionally it just shows up blank for me. I have to close and restart it for the store and all my games to show up. Also people have been complaining ever since it came out about how stuttery and sluggish it is. If you try to drag the window around, it will make you think you have your monitor on the wrong refresh rate because it's so sluggish. EA is well aware of it and don't seem to be concerned at all about fixing any of the complaints people have had.

the new EA app is more flashy and modern looking but I prefer functionality over flash...now all the game hubs in my Library have this fancy video of gameplay playing in the background...even after I disable the videos from playing in the Settings it still randomly turns on

after 15 minutes I can now log-in to the app and I'm currently downloading Jedi: Survivor

I played about 30 minutes and seems fine for the most part. Playing at epic settings 4k without ray tracing 60 fps with vsync and there were lots of little 1-2 fps drops and only a few drops that were any worse. To be clear none of the drops had anything to do with my system being taxed and they seemed to be random. I am going to go finish up the first game and come back to this later and maybe by then they will have made some ray tracing improvements.

the new EA app is more flashy and modern looking but I prefer functionality over flash...now all the game hubs in my Library have this fancy video of gameplay playing in the background...even after I disable the videos from playing in the Settings it still randomly turns on

after 15 minutes I can now log-in to the app and I'm currently downloading Jedi: Survivor
When Jedi Survior (on Steam) told me it was uninstalling Origin and installing their new POS turd, I nearly threw my keyboard at my monitor.

I had previously tried the new EA app a while ago because it was required for the Game Pass EA Play benefits... and promptly decided I would rather pay for the games on Origin than use that shit ass app.

How do these things even come into existence? They had Origin, which was a perfectly mediocre launcher that served the purpose of downloading and playing EA games... So they decided to go and replace it with a new app that is so shitty that it somehow makes Epic Game Store look like a master class in how to make a PC game launcher.

My first thought when I launched this game was… I got a bad feeling about this.

Then it became obvious that the force was so not with me… it never is… so I uninstalled and joined all those other folks who said they’re just going to wait for this game to be free on the Epic store.

LOL.

I have no idea why anyone thinks I care that they’re going to wait it out for a freebie - but I guess that’s the internet for you!

I am going to try turning off RT and seeing if intermittent hitching goes away when entering a new area or when there are tons of waterfalls etc.
Rest of the time my results are similar to hardware unboxed at around 70-80 fp 4K, RT, Epic.

When Jedi Survior (on Steam) told me it was uninstalling Origin and installing their new POS turd, I nearly threw my keyboard at my monitor.

I had previously tried the new EA app a while ago because it was required for the Game Pass EA Play benefits... and promptly decided I would rather pay for the games on Origin than use that shit ass app.

How do these things even come into existence? They had Origin, which was a perfectly mediocre launcher that served the purpose of downloading and playing EA games... So they decided to go and replace it with a new app that is so shitty that it somehow makes Epic Game Store look like a master class in how to make a PC game launcher.

Yeah, the new EA App is complete trash. Bad UI, lots of bugs, etc. It also updates itself every other day and keeps a copy of the old version in the same folder...for reasons. If you happen to tell it to install your games into the same folder as the app, they get shuffled away with each update into the "Outdated EA Desktop" folder.
Origin was never great, but it certainly wasn't bad in the grand scheme of things.

lol I screwed up. 20 Hrs in and I have not backed up my saves since 8 Hrs in.
Then was greeted with this.
Untitled.png

Back