Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

DF calling it the worst AAA port of 2023?...I'm not sure about that...LoU Part 1 was pretty bad and is probably #1 on my list

Without a doubt that is a bad port. But I essentially played it without issues, I had one crash. The game is too demanding though, even though it looks very good. Not quite half the frame rates as Uncharted 4 good.

Without a doubt that is a bad port. But I essentially played it without issues, I had one crash. The game is too demanding though, even though it looks very good. Not quite half the frame rates as Uncharted 4 good.

LoU definitely should not be this demanding, especially without even any RT features

20230430_042211.jpg

Lol, he even admits he getting stutter in his very next post. Again, there are people that are just not bothered by or don't even see it in the first place. That doesn't change the objective fact that this game has stuttering. No matter how much it is proven over and over and over with each technical analysis of the game, there's always going to be people that are completely oblivious or just don't care. They're obliviousness or low standards don't change a damn thing about what's going on with the game.
I definitely experience the stuttering. I find it annoying but its a minor issue most of the time. There are points where it impacts gameplay negatively and breaks immersion though.

I definitely experience the stuttering. I find it annoying but its a minor issue most of the time. There are points where it impacts gameplay negatively and breaks immersion though.
If it impacts gameplay negatively and breaks immersion, how is that a minor issue? That sounds like a MAJOR issue to me. And I say that as someone who usually isn't super bothered by "shader compilation sutter" or "traversal stutter" in games.

There is definitely micro stutter when loading new parts of level but I am not losing my panties over it like some on here. 👀
I did get a micro stutter early on when I first played the game after changing settings during the beginning cut scene, but after that it's been smooth. Everyone has different hardware here with different drivers and settings, so I guess we should expect different issues/non issues to happen. Nothing to get that upset about.

Graphics wise improvement over the 2019 Star War game?
Yes. I personally think the game looks outstanding. The raytracing doesn't add much so I just keep it off due to stuttering, but even without it - The game looks incredible.

Yes. I personally think the game looks outstanding. The raytracing doesn't add much so I just keep it off due to stuttering, but even without it - The game looks incredible.

disabling ray tracing eliminates the stutter?

Right.

What I meant was, it’ll be nice when the tech is suitably advanced and we won’t have to funnel characters into narrow corridors in order to disguise the load.

I was partially saying this because I’ve seen more than a few people (mostly at other forums) saying the graphics in this game look next-gen… but this corridor load thing that we see in so many games is just so not next-gen.

It’s no big deal - I just thought it was funny seeing the incongruence in how some people think.

Someday but its better than actually seeing the game pause saying 'loading' like in the older HL1/2 days, that was annoying.

Someday but its better than actually seeing the game pause saying 'loading' like in the older HL1/2 days, that was annoying.
I disagree. I would not care if we still had loading screens. This trend of "crawling through tight area" as a loading phase is no different to me except I have to hold down move forward. Or elevators, you are just standing there doing nothing while it loads the next area. It's just window dressing really.

If it impacts gameplay negatively and breaks immersion, how is that a minor issue? That sounds like a MAJOR issue to me. And I say that as someone who usually isn't super bothered by "shader compilation sutter" or "traversal stutter" in games.
He said "for the most part" in regards to the stutter, then spoke about the more major issue separately. Try rereading his post before acting like he just claimed the Earth is flat ;).

Just an FYI make sure to back up your save regularly. The game just corrupted my save and it won't load anymore (25 hours down the drain) but I have a backup from yesterday (may daily C: drive backup) but uggh that is probably only at best 10 hours from where I just crashed at. EA makes a backup in the save folder, but surprise, surprise, it's just a copy of the exact same file. They should have at least 2 previous backups stored just in case their dam game crashes and corrupts it. Dam time to set up a scheduled backup for this game so it won't screw up again.

Update: Turns out not to be corrupt. It seems my game NVME just disappeared. It's a weird situation a reboot fixed it and the save was fine. But I haven't seen that happen before. The game actually loaded all the way to the main menu fine but when it loaded the save the game files were unavailable and it CTD. Still going to start backing up the save every hour or so just to be sure. :)

Last edited:
Looks like this one needs some time to simmer. I'll only pick it up if I get through Fallen Order and I start reading that the performance issues have been sorted. So far FO just hasn't really latched on, even though I like a lot of what I'm seeing.

The frame rate at the beginning goes all over but plays smooth enough... once I get the planet where midget Goro is from the 1st game the frame rate tanks in the open area bits. Still playable, just annoying.

Technical issues aside it's fun and feels so much bigger than the 1st game. I've loving exploring, dual lightsaber stance, and force pulling the shields then launching it right back at mofos. Hopefully they fix the technical issues cuz it's awesome.

Just an FYI make sure to back up your save regularly. The game just corrupted my save and it won't load anymore (25 hours down the drain) but I have a backup from yesterday (may daily C: drive backup) but uggh that is probably only at best 10 hours from where I just crashed at. EA makes a backup in the save folder, but surprise, surprise, it's just a copy of the exact same file. They should have at least 2 previous backups stored just in case their dam game crashes and corrupts it. Dam time to set up a scheduled backup for this game so it won't screw up again.

Update: Turns out not to be corrupt. It seems my game NVME just disappeared. It's a weird situation a reboot fixed it and the save was fine. But I haven't seen that happen before. The game actually loaded all the way to the main menu fine but when it loaded the save the game files were unavailable and it CTD. Still going to start backing up the save every hour or so just to be sure. :)

About a year ago I had a similar issue with a SATA drive, except was greeted with a BSOD at start. Tried figuring out what the codes meant, thought the drive died. Luckily it was just an old SATA cable that had come very loose, so it was sliding out ever so slightly each time I propped my case up for boot. Had another cable, swapped it which firmly locked into place and was good.

Just re-seat your drive, might be loose.

Because it's for a second here and there.

Because it's for a second here and there.

Still sucks though. We were entering an era of good PC ports, Japanese developers opened up and essentially started putting everything on PC and now we've entered another horrible port era.

Still sucks though. We were entering an era of good PC ports, Japanese developers opened up and essentially started putting everything on PC and now we've entered another horrible port era.
Nah, it's fine, it's not really a big deal. The stuttering that impacts gameplay and breaks immersion is just for a second here and there. And the performance is awesome if you cap your fps at 30. It's not a great port, but it's still a good game and no one should care about how poorly it performs. Everyone should shut up and beg EA to take their money.

The game goes down to 15 fps from time to time on a PS5, not sure how much this is the case of not being a great port.

Nah, it's fine, it's not really a big deal. The stuttering that impacts gameplay and breaks immersion is just for a second here and there. And the performance is awesome if you cap your fps at 30. It's not a great port, but it's still a good game and no one should care about how poorly it performs. Everyone should shut up and beg EA to take their money.

Not sure if I would consider 30 FPS to be "awesome performance". Bad port, or just bad optimized game isn't good. Problem is it seems like most major AAA games are like this now.

So much bitching. So little gaming. Game is absolutely dope and after I get some force points up I also found a great farming area. Gonna be playing this like a boss!
But you have a super high-end PC. According to Steam, not even one percent of the people playing have your hardware.

The other 99% seem to be saying that even if they lower their settings, the game doesn’t respond accordingly. It’s not really bitching to complain about a game that’s broken like that. And how often do you see developers apologizing for having released a broken game? Almost never. Yet this is exactly what EA has done.

You’re glossing over the problems that a lot of people are experiencing. The fact that you’re speaking for less than one percent of the player base doesn’t help your cause much.

But you have a super high-end PC. According to Steam, not even one percent of the people playing have your hardware.

The other 99% seem to be saying that even if they lower their settings, the game doesn’t respond accordingly. It’s not really bitching to complain about a game that’s broken like that. And how often do you see developers apologizing for having released a broken game? Almost never. Yet this is exactly what EA has done.

You’re glossing over the problems that a lot of people are experiencing. The fact that you’re speaking for less than one percent of the player base doesn’t help your cause much.
Fair enough. I think a few patches and the game should be good to go for the rest.
For now, I am glad that I am enjoying it well enough to continue playing.

So much bitching. So little gaming. Game is absolutely dope and after I get some force points up I also found a great farming area. Gonna be playing this like a boss!

Agree! Although I am playing on PS5 but game is absolutely awesome. I wish there was a Souls like game like this but in high fantasy. Elden Ring was amazing but I love the story, writing and characters from these games. These are gamer's games!

It's really weird. I change options and resolutions and there is almost no change in fps. I turned off FSR2 and there is no major change in FPS maybe a 1-2fps at best. I changed 4k to 1440p and the difference is negligible at best 1-2fps which is really weird. I am getting about 40-46 fps mostly on my rig. I honestly can't tell if HDR is on or off, but I think it is off and doesn't turn on for real. The setting should turn off when I go from full screen to borderless full screen but it still says HDR is on when in borderless. It is playable to me and there is some hitching I noticed during the cut scenes but that might just be loading. The cut scenes at the start pretty much ran at 60-75 fps. It seems like FSR2 doesn't seem to be helping much (maybe 2-3fps) if RT is on otherwise it doesn't seem to help at all. The audio syncing thing that was shown in the video jobert posted earlier was not present in the starting cutscenes I went through. I only got to the first meditation spot but I got to go get some sleep so I'll pick this up tomorrow.

Dualsense is natively supported at least.
Sounds like a similar issue to The Callisto Protocol.
The consoles are running 1440p 60 fps in performance mode. I know you're grasping at straws here trying to defend your claim that the game "runs amazingly well", but don't make up lies.

If you're happy running at 30 fps with your top of the line computer, that's great. But that doesn't change the fact that the PC version of this game has some SERIOUS issues.
The console versions average a rendering resolution of 720p in performance mode. The output resolution might be 1440p or 4K, but that isn't what the game is actually being rendered at.
I disagree. I would not care if we still had loading screens. This trend of "crawling through tight area" as a loading phase is no different to me except I have to hold down move forward. Or elevators, you are just standing there doing nothing while it loads the next area. It's just window dressing really.
Agreed. I recall Metroid Prime and its loading corridors, and even once you get to the door at the other end you still may end up sitting there for up to a minute on the original Gamecube hardware. And then there were the infamous elevators in Mass Effect.

I really don't understand the need to eliminate loading screens these days. Games load so fast these days on both consoles and PC that it isn't a big deal, anyway. I'd rather play uninterrupted for a stretch of 30 minutes between 1-2 second loading screens than being constantly led through boring sections of game that can last for minutes in some cases.

Unfortunately I had to stop playing.

The game is really good, and I only want to play it if it’s super smooth. I just can’t tolerate poor performance anymore, and even on my 3090 I couldn’t find a balance that made me happy.

Someone earlier in this thread told me to upgrade my CPU - well, I’m not going to do that for just one game. A 3090 and a 9900k on Windows 10 are actually a pretty good combo. I have over 500 games on Steam and maybe two or three games (literally just that many) cause me minor problems because of my cpu.

Anyway, I’m going to buy a 4090 TI if and when that card releases, at which time I will upgrade my entire system (including my case). But until then this game is going onto the back burner.

I will happily return to this game though. As many others have stated, this is a really crafted game, made by people who clearly know what they’re doing. Those lightsaber duels just send this game into the stratosphere.

The game is really good, and I only want to play it if it’s super smooth. I just can’t tolerate poor performance anymore, and even on my 3090 I couldn’t find a balance that made me happy.

Someone earlier in this thread told me to upgrade my CPU - well, I’m not going to do that for just one game. A 3090 and a 9900k on Windows 10 are actually a pretty good combo. I have over 500 games on Steam and maybe two or three games (literally just that many) cause me minor problems because of my cpu.

Anyway, I’m going to buy a 4090 TI if and when that card releases, at which time I will upgrade my entire system (including my case). But until then this game is going onto the back burner.

I will happily return to this game though. As many others have stated, this is a really crafted game, made by people who clearly know what they’re doing. Those lightsaber duels just send this game into the stratosphere.
Respawn really does a good job on single player games, it just sucks that this one got kicked out of the door too early. Some have speculated that it might be because the new zelda, diablo and final fantasy games are coming out soon but I really wonder if that was it or EA just decided on a hard release date after the initial delay and that was final. Either way I'm going to just sit on the fence myself for ~2 weeks and see how it looks.

It's not just the CPU itself, it is also the chipset. Coffee Lake Refresh is still using an updated chipset that was introduced with Skylake 4 years prior to its release. The features are ancient in PC terms. The 9900K is basically 8 years old when you take its 4-year age and add another 4 years to it. That is why I am currently assembling a 7800X3D system when I typically upgrade my platform every 5-7 years.

The consoles are running 1440p 60 fps in performance mode. I know you're grasping at straws here trying to defend your claim that the game "runs amazingly well", but don't make up lies.

If you're happy running at 30 fps with your top of the line computer, that's great. But that doesn't change the fact that the PC version of this game has some SERIOUS issues.
The 30 FPS dial down was a test in the process of making the game run better. However, I took the breaks off AND disabled my E Cores, flawless gameplay ever after.

It may have serious issues, I wasn't arguing that. I didn't have any problems playing the game at all with my configuration. Below is the breakdown of performance on consoles:

From LukeTbk There is an entire article that fully describes the entire situation of downscaling on the Xbox and the PS5. You're dead wrong about the consoles running at 1440P at 60 FPS
Also, it does run amazingly well on my computer. I was averaging 60 FPS on maximum settings with Ray Tracing at 4K, on my rig

Those (1000 for performance and 1440p for high resolution mode 30fps) were the announced max resolution far from the actual (Consoles are running Bullshit resolutions to make the game function)

play station 5
60fps mode: 648p to 864p (still goes down to 40fps sometime), we are back to 720p on consoles
30fps mode: 972p to 1240p (when you look at the sky, still goes down to 15fps in some scenarios)

That make it look like if almost all the better on console experience outside shader compile could be due to just how low it goes resolution wise, I doubt the 3700x with a 6700xt at 720p would have an harder time to keep it above 40fps at 720p when it get hard or reach 30fps in 1080p

Back