Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

OK gave it a go again, and noticed an interesting thing. If you mess with the settings a lot it eventually doesn't do a thing and it gets stuck at like 30fps on my rig. Something might be wrong with their applying settings after a certain number of attempts. To fix it I had to quit to desktop and restart the game. It also might be the case that not all settings are being applied even if it does say it is applying them and that might be the reason turning off FSR or RT didn't yield significant differences. In the start planet I was getting about 43-48 fps in the next planet I am now up to 50-57. So set your settings and if you want to make sure they were actually applied you should exit out to the desktop and start again, which kind of sucks since it seems it always compiles stuff at the beginning for me every time. Yeah it's not Last of Us length of compiling shaders but it's not instant either and don't know why they don't store the compiled stuff on the drive so I only have to do it once.
That's good information. Instead of people bitching about the game being poo, actually providing experience and settings advice will help people. Amazing how that works...

A lot of games are like that where some settings require a restart of the game to make them take effect.
Yeah, true. It's just nice to see someone with actual advice for running the game pierce through all nonsense going on on here. I didn't think of what LurkerLito did. I am gonna do that first thing when I get home.

The port is not amazing: Check
The settings are touchy: Check
Does it actually run, playable: Check (on many systems)

Constructive advice and experiences are a helluva lot more valuable than all the people crying about "I shouldn't have to suffer with lower FPS on my 4090" and they don't actually have a 4090, they don't own the game and all they do is bitch about it being "unfair or unreasonable". I am pretty sick of seeing that already.

Yeah, true. It's just nice to see someone with actual advice for running the game pierce through all nonsense going on on here. I didn't think of what LurkerLito did. I am gonna do that first thing when I get home.

Constructive advice and experiences are a helluva lot more valuable than all the people crying about "I shouldn't have to suffer with lower FPS on my 4090" and they don't actually have a 4090, they don't own the game and all they do is bitch about it being "unfair or unreasonable". I am pretty sick of seeing that already.
In a lot of ways it just the times we live in. Too many people just buy a pre-built PC and expect things to always run with no issues. Hell some people who come on and bitch about a game not running right don't even know how to build a PC let alone troubleshoot.

I cannot count on my hand how many times I have been called up for advice that someones young kid broke his PC and needs help fixing it. People really just buy the gaming PC with all these fancy RGB lights and give it to there kid....who has no idea wtf they are doing when it comes to PC gaming. YOU HAVE to expect to troubleshoot, find out/research whats going on. To me thats what I love about being a PC gamer.....tinkering/troubleshooting etc etc.

Guess I am just old

no one is saying that the game is not playable...that's such a low bar to clear...a game could have severe stuttering, crashing, bugs etc but yet it's still technically playable

In a lot of ways it just the times we live in. Too many people just buy a pre-built PC and expect things to always run with no issues. Hell some people who come on and bitch about a game not running right don't even know how to build a PC let alone troubleshoot.

I cannot count on my hand how many times I have been called up for advice that someones young kid broke his PC and needs help fixing it. People really just buy the gaming PC with all these fancy RGB lights and give it to there kid....who has no idea wtf they are doing when it comes to PC gaming. YOU HAVE to expect to troubleshoot, find out/research whats going on. To me thats what I love about being a PC gamer.....tinkering/troubleshooting etc etc.

Guess I am just old
You're not alone. If you own a PC, you will have to troubleshoot it in order to get it to run or run optimal for any number of applications or games. It's been a dying art for at least 20 years now. I work directly in IT, and no one else in the department has any core knowledge of the underlying hardware of our desktops, laptops, tablets, etc. Over the years, I have seen the disconnect in field network engineers and even owners that allegedly built their business on supporting PC hardware. None of them knew how to troubleshoot a PC.

It's kind of sad. I love doing this stuff

no one is saying that the game is not playable...that's such a low bar to clear...a game could have severe stuttering, crashing, bugs etc but yet it's still technically playable
Have you missed the posts today? There are a shitload of people crying that the game is broken or it's been rigged against Nvidia, or games today should never launch in this state or it's unacceptable to have to play at a certain frame rate and the game is unplayable... That's all they have been doing, with no experience with the game other than youtube posts.

While there is a growing number of us on here that have or are playing the game and loving it. As it is, and its not immersion breaking or game breaking.

I think the game is not in great shape, but I think there has been an overabundance of undeserved drama about this game the past 2 days.

Where did it say in that statement that people running Intel 12/13th gens are having an issue?
Where they said "For example, players using cutting-edge multi-threaded chipsets designed for Windows 11 were encountering problems on Windows 10".

Is that your takeaway from the video or did you play it? Because I played it and it was awesome!
That's pretty funny since even EA themselves have apologized and admitted it's going to take multiple patches to fix the game. So let me guess you thought the last one ran perfect the whole time too? And I'm guessing you didn't see any problems with Batman Arkham Knight?

That it is. It's also known that some games have issues with Intel's P/E-cores. MAkes me wonder if that could be the issue. Someone would need to test it, disable the E cores and see if the issue is reolved.
Running here with a 13th Gen chip with e cores enabled and zero issues.

Booted up the game and the intro cutscene is garbage quality. Not sure why since I'm on Windows 11 with HDR off.
1440p, high settings, all effects off, vsync / RT off, FSR off.
My signature is up to date, not running 3090, 7900 or 4090 like most of you guys. I'm poor.
In game everything looks terrible... Switched FSR to quality and now it looks ok.
Average of 55 fps from the start where you can walk around.
TBH 60 fps does not cut it these days, feels sluggish and not comfortable to my eyeballs.
Edit: Game process CPU at most 25% on my 3900X. EA app doesn't have FPS counter and Xbox Game bar has inaccurate CPU % so not sure if other metrics are accurate.

Last edited:
Booted up the game and the intro cutscene is garbage quality. Not sure why since I'm on Windows 11 with HDR off.
My signature is up to date, not running 3090, 7900 or 4090 like most of you guys. I'm poor.
In game everything looks terrible... Switched FSR to quality and now it looks ok.
TBH 60 fps does not cut it these days, feels sluggish and not comfortable to my eyeballs.
TBH, 8GB of VRAM for these texture heavy games @ 1440 is really not going to cut it anymore.

So you are running an older end CPU, with a 3060ti which has 8GB of memory and saying the same looks terrible.

You basically do not have the horse power or vram to run at high settings at 1440p. You might need to drop down to 1080p or lower. Your system is now considered low end.

Update 4/28/2023 1:01 p.m. ET: Jedi: Survivor’s developers tweeted out a statement acknowledging and apologizing for the issues on PC, claiming most of them seem to revolve around players with specific configurations, including high-end graphics cards coupled with lower-performing CPUs, or running older versions of Windows.

Looks like your 9900k is the issue. Its on PCI-E 3.0, I don't think supports SAM......Time to upgrade it seems.
Hi, could you please re-read what I posted above. You’re making it appear that I said I was having issues with this game. Thank you.

That it is. It's also known that some games have issues with Intel's P/E-cores. MAkes me wonder if that could be the issue. Someone would need to test it, disable the E cores and see if the issue is reolved.
FYI, I disabled my E-cores and the Micro stuttering disappeared on my PC. It's been utterly fluid ever since. Rock solid at 60FPS (Limited by my display). Gameplay went from ok with my artificially limited 30 FPS to Epic at 60 solid maximum settings at 4K with Ray Tracing On

I didn't wait for the patch, I launched it as soon as I was in windows

FYI, I disabled my E-cores and the Micro stuttering disappeared on my PC. It's been utterly fluid ever since. Rock solid at 60FPS (Limited by my display). Gameplay went from ok with my artificially limited 30 FPS to Epic at 60 solid maximum settings at 4K with Ray Tracing On

I didn't wait for the patch, I launched it as soon as I was in windows
So every reviewer is just full of s***? And EA themselves were wrong to apologize for the condition of the PC port also? And you seem to be going out of your way to emphasize how smooth it is when practically every unreal engine game has some type of stuttering or hitching.

And last time I looked at a CPU review involving an ecores comparison, it was actually beneficial in more cases to have them on when it came to smoothness. Then again you seem to be the opposite of everything lol.

So every reviewer is just full of s***? And EA themselves were wrong to apologize for the condition of the PC port also? And you seem to be going out of your way to emphasize how smooth it is when practically every unreal engine game has some type of stuttering or hitching.

And last time I looked at a CPU review involving an ecores comparison, it was actually beneficial in more cases to have them on when it came to smoothness. Then again you seem to be the opposite of everything lol.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...0088261/processors/intel-core-processors.html

Intel knew this was an issue before. It can popup from time to time. It might seem to be a possible issue again?

So, yes the Ecore can cause issues and Intel knows about it.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...0088261/processors/intel-core-processors.html

Intel knew this was an issue before. It can popup from time to time. It might seem to be a possible issue again?

So, yes the Ecore can cause issues and Intel knows about it.
Like I said, any recent review has shown it to have more benefits than cons and overall it helped with smoothness in most games not hurt. This is especially true in any real world gaming when something in the background needs the CPU.

TBH, 8GB of VRAM for these texture heavy games @ 1440 is really not going to cut it anymore.

So you are running an older end CPU, with a 3060ti which has 8GB of memory and saying the same looks terrible.

You basically do not have the horse power or vram to run at high settings at 1440p. You might need to drop down to 1080p or lower. Your system is now considered low end.
Some users experienced the same issues. Game looks like garbage until FSR is enabled. When I mean garbage it's shimmering everywhere, low res, blurry, blocky.
Seems like the game is rendering at 50% quality. Config file -> sg.ResolutionQuality=50.000000
The fix to render at 100% is graphic quality epic.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1774580/discussions/0/3828665650628259698/
As for the intro cutscene quality it seems intentional. Found online high res videos and mine looks the same. Just jarring to watch.

Game seems to run fine for me as long as I keep RT disabled. Honestly running pretty good for me.

Only major issue i'm noticing as indicated above is that if you have FSR off the game renders at half the resolution and looks like shit. With FSR set to quality it looks fine though.

Game seems to run fine for me as long as I keep RT disabled. Honestly running pretty good for me.

Only major issue i'm noticing as indicated above is that if you have FSR off the game renders at half the resolution and looks like shit. With FSR set to quality it looks fine though.
Epic with FSR looks a smidge better than high with FSR. I'm still at the starting walkway and getting the same FPS.
Also, setting graphic quality to epic, but manually changing the sub settings to high keeps the render quality to 100. FPS is still the same so still broken in a way.
Edit: It reverted to back to 50 so need to keep the settings at epic for 100.

Last edited:
I will say the graphics here and the depth of some of these levels is just blowing me away. Even though this is a UE4 title it has a 'next gen' look to it for sure. Audio design is also outstanding. The combat also has a really good weight/feel to it that makes killing goons with the lightsaber super satisfying. Liking this far more so far compared to the last game. They've really stepped it up.

I will say the graphics here and the depth of some of these levels is just blowing me away. Even though this is a UE4 title it has a 'next gen' look to it for sure. Audio design is also outstanding. The combat also has a really good weight/feel to it that makes killing goons with the lightsaber super satisfying. Liking this far more so far compared to the last game. They've really stepped it up.
It reminds me of Star Wars.

Ok so once you get to this bit:

z9nnGrW.jpg

The GPU utilisation jumps to 90-100% and the framerate unsurprisingly also jumps to 90+fps

I'm now off planet, on the ship it's the same story, 100fps:

tHTSQJ1.jpg

And on the planet the same too:

QRKi3sb.jpg

This is all still on Epic settings, ray tracing on, FSR disabled (it does nothing anyway so pointless having it on). At this point it feels like a disgruntled EA dev did the first act of the game, and from after that point the game was done by someone else lol.

Hopefully it remains like this from here onwards...

Bonus screenshot of my BD-1!

FDNxZ5w.jpg

Tested and it is bad.
STAR WARS Jedi Survivor Stuttering Mess Unreal Engine Strikes Back Same FPS 4K Through 1080P

Screenshot drops in FPS are real for me even at these settings
Windows 11
13700KF 6200Mhz
RTX 4090 3000Mhz
swj.jpg

Hopefully when we actually do arrive at ‘the next gen’ - we won’t be funnelling our characters through narrow corridors in order to load the next area into memory. I get it that it’s a necessary trick, but it’s outlasted its welcome.

From the other thread, apparently this can help with performance on Nvidia:

• Enabling ReBAR (Nvidia profile inspector)

I don't have the game so can't try it myself.

STAR WARS Jedi Survivor 8K HDR Epic Ray Tracing 60 FPS. Amazing game has some serious problems with stuttering. Game has a bottleneck at 1080p though to 4K resolution.When you play at 8K then the GPU starts to get a workout,still stuttering at 8K but you can play the game at around 60FPS+.

Hopefully when we actually do arrive at ‘the next gen’ - we won’t be funnelling our characters through narrow corridors in order to load the next area into memory. I get it that it’s a necessary trick, but it’s outlasted its welcome.

I recall that's how it was for Tomb Raider as well but I don't think there is a way around it. All games need to load.

I recall that's how it was for Tomb Raider as well but I don't think there is a way around it. All games need to load.
Right.

What I meant was, it’ll be nice when the tech is suitably advanced and we won’t have to funnel characters into narrow corridors in order to disguise the load.

I was partially saying this because I’ve seen more than a few people (mostly at other forums) saying the graphics in this game look next-gen… but this corridor load thing that we see in so many games is just so not next-gen.

It’s no big deal - I just thought it was funny seeing the incongruence in how some people think.

icon_thumbsDown_v6.png

POSTED: APRIL 27

Product received for free
Star Wars CPU Survivor

Was this review helpful?

5,236 people found this review helpful
3,638 people found this review funny

Take My Points Shut up and take my Steam Points!
Award gives creators 1,600 Steam Points. Given by 137 people.

My system is so bottlenecked at 1080p/1440p/2160p but plays good at 8K EPIC settings with ray tracing off.
Almost thinking of reinstalling of windows 11 for fun to see if I can play at 2160p/4K.

Crazy I can play at 8K and it is a better experience than 1080p/1440p/2160p.
I am open to suggestions from anyone who knows any tricks for my CPU bottleneck.I am truly stumped on this.Maybe I should switch PC Rigs and test but I am lazy.

Gaming Rig I using
♦ CPU - Intel 13700KF With MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 -Can run 6200Mhz PC gaming but no difference from default
♦ GPU -GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC- Default clocks to 3000Mhz+ no difference
♦ RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB CL36 6400MT's- Can run 7000Mt+ but also no difference from default 5600My on DDR5
♦ Mobo - ASUS Prime Z-690 P DDR5 (BIOS 2212)
♦ NVME - ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade Read:7400MB/s; Write: 5500MB/s
♦ DSP -Samsung 85-inch QN85B Neo QLED 4K UHD HDR 24X Dolby Atmos Gaming Smart TV
♦ PSU - EVGA GQ 1000W ♦ CASE -Phanteks Eclispe 500A

My system is so bottlenecked at 1080p/1440p/2160p but plays good at 8K EPIC settings with ray tracing off.
Almost thinking of reinstalling of windows 11 for fun to see if I can play at 2160p/4K.

Crazy I can play at 8K and it is a better experience than 1080p/1440p/2160p.
I am open to suggestions from anyone who knows any tricks for my CPU bottleneck.I am truly stumped on this.Maybe I should switch PC Rigs and test but I am lazy.

Gaming Rig I using
♦ CPU - Intel 13700KF With MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 -Can run 6200Mhz PC gaming but no difference from default
♦ GPU -GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC- Default clocks to 3000Mhz+ no difference
♦ RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB CL36 6400MT's- Can run 7000Mt+ but also no difference from default 5600My on DDR5
♦ Mobo - ASUS Prime Z-690 P DDR5 (BIOS 2212)
♦ NVME - ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade Read:7400MB/s; Write: 5500MB/s
♦ DSP -Samsung 85-inch QN85B Neo QLED 4K UHD HDR 24X Dolby Atmos Gaming Smart TV
♦ PSU - EVGA GQ 1000W ♦ CASE -Phanteks Eclispe 500A
Disable your E cores, A user in here did that and the game became smooth as butter.

I picked this game up last night and I'm about four hours into it. For the most part it runs fine on my machine. That being said, some of the stuttering and hitching experienced in the first game is present in this one. It's not something I generally notice all that much outside of cutscenes. I don't like it, but I'm not going to rage about it either as its not a multiplayer game. The general gaming experience is overall good. If you are stubborn and don't want to use a controller, I'd definitely bind the dodge key to something other than tab. It made fights a lot easier. Graphically, there is some reused assets from the first game here and there but it's generally a visual upgrade over the first game and overall it looks great. One complaint I had about the first game was that the levels weren't natural looking and had a very video gamey feel to them as your paths and what you were supposed to do was super obvious. That is not an issue here. In fact, some of the areas look a bit too natural and finding the path can be challenging as a result.

So far, I'm enjoying it.

If you look at Forspoken fast travel load time:

And a Windows 11 PC, if you have a significant faster cpu (even with a slower harddrive than a PS5) with direct storage enabled seem to be even faster than a PS5 on that tittle:
SystemLoad time
PS5 (performance mode)4.4s
PC, DirectStorage enabled (Core i9 12900K + NVMe SSD)4.1s
PC, DirectStorage disabled (Core i9 12900K + NVMe SSD)5.4s
PC, DirectStorage enabled (Ryzen 5 3600 + NVMe SSD)6.8s
PC, DirectStorage disabled (Ryzen 5 3600 + NVMe SSD)11.7s
PC, DirectStorage enabled (Core i9 12900K + SATA SSD)10.2s

Maybe we are getting close to be able to do Hollywood continuous shot movie trick (a half a second moment that a camera look at something simple like the ground-wall, flash bomb, eye close) vs a long tunnel affair.

And obviously will be a choice, I imagine we could make Zelda 64 complete world fit in today ram would we want to (it was on a 32 megabytes cartridges after all), many games will choose to push the envelope instead, Forspoken world being quite bare and empty and similar from spot to spot, versus fast travelling to say antic Rome city with 12,000 NPC than to something quite different in the modern world in a Assassin Creed type of scenario.

Back