Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Attachments

• Jedi.png
    Jedi.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 1
I wasn't happy when I read a 4090 couldn't run it at 60FPS at 1440p still it was a game I wanted to play on Day 1 so I preordered 2 weeks ago. I guess I'll find out if I feel it's actually playable on day 1:rolleyes:. Oh well hope for the best that the day 1 patch is good I guess. 🤞
Its not just that the game is too demanding but that it can run like stuttery garbage. Skip to just over 7 minute mark.

9/10

I just watched the 1st minute and review score CD keys has the game like 18.00 off but only the origin version Steam version is more

everyone is saying it's a really great game...but...PC performance issues...I doubt the Day 1 patch will fix things...will probably take at least a month or 2 to get in good shape...normally I always wait to buy games after reading about performance but since I already have the game through the AMD Rewards program I might just give it a go

performance issues can be fixed over time...if the gameplay sucks than it can't be fixed...so gameplay is always the most important factor

Last edited:
Its not just that the game is too demanding but that it can run like stuttery garbage. Skip to just over 7 minute mark.
lol those audio bugs. I swear it sounds like something that was introduced purposefully when adding denuvo into the code via an automated tool. Like it inserted denuvo protection code there instead of replacing it so it finishes the protection check then exits denuvo code but then calls the old code so it repeats from the beginning.

are these guys complaning running everything at 4k/max settings? i see that a lot and they need to face reality that it may not be possible and they need to lower settings...

are these guys complaning running everything at 4k/max settings? i see that a lot and they need to face reality that it may not be possible and they need to lower settings...
Nah guy in jobert's video did 1440p/high. It's the UE4 stutter problem from what I can tell, so it doesn't matter if you have a 4090, it's going to suck regardless.

Nah guy in jobert's video did 1440p/high. It's the UE4 stutter problem from what I can tell, so it doesn't matter if you have a 4090, it's going to suck regardless.
ah, cant watch it at work, blocked for some reason. i get the stutter thing but the complaints about low fps seem to come from 4k/max on every card reviewers touch.

I don't see why they shouldn't complain. This isn't a tech demo like nvidia releases from time to time or one for unreal engine to show what it's capable for, it's a game people are going to be buying. So if it's ultra settings can't hit 60fps at most native resolutions or at least some upscaling (so 1440p upscaled to 4K) with the highest end equipment available for consumers to purchase at release, I'd say the game was designed poorly. Just my 2 cents.

I don't see why they shouldn't complain. This isn't a tech demo like nvidia releases from time to time or one for unreal engine to show what it's capable for, it's a game people are going to be buying. So if it's ultra settings can't hit 60fps at most native resolutions or at least some upscaling (so 1440p upscaled to 4K) with the highest end equipment available for consumers to purchase at release, I'd say the game was designed poorly. Just my 2 cents.
lol youve been around long enough to know thats not true. sometimes, and quite a few times, games have taken a couple generations of gpus to be playable at the absolute max settings.

Hi, everyone. I’m actually the owner of Electronic Arts. I have a solution for the PC performance issues about which you’re presently speaking: just buy Dead Island 2 instead… honestly, it runs great, the levels are beautifully crafted (in this game L.A. is Itself a character), the atmosphere is rich, the gameplay is fun… just pretend that it’s Star Wars. You’re welcome.

I'm wondering if they have that damn timing issue that was in the original game where you couldn't fight with a lightsaber properly unless you set it to 30 FPS capped. I am going to do that when I fire it up at home tonight and see what happens. That's good enough to get me rolling. The PC ports are always hot garbage. Wonder how it will run on my 7900XTX...

I'm wondering if they have that damn timing issue that was in the original game where you couldn't fight with a lightsaber properly unless you set it to 30 FPS capped. I am going to do that when I fire it up at home tonight and see what happens. That's good enough to get me rolling. The PC ports are always hot garbage. Wonder how it will run on my 7900XTX...

I didn't see that issue with Fallen Order...I'm currently doing a re-play uncapped at 1440p with DSR upscaled to 4K and there aren't any issues with combat...there are still stuttering issues but nothing that detracts from the overall gameplay

I didn't see that issue with Fallen Order...I'm currently doing a re-play uncapped at 1440p with DSR upscaled to 4K and there aren't any issues with combat...there are still stuttering issues but nothing that detracts from the overall gameplay
The issue was in there in the beginning. They corrected it over time. However, I ended up dodging my way through most of the encounters as a result. It had something to do with Console versions being capped to 30 FPS and all the timing on blocks and saber locks were tied to that. At 60FPS (at 4K) it was nearly unplayable.

Well if you ordered on cdkeys, the keys are available now, got mine just a few minutes ago. So midnight launch or maybe stutter-fest I am on my way lol.

So that patch today fixed some issues but it clearly still has a long way to go. Considering they still never fixed the stuttering in the first game I would say there's zero chance the new game will ever run without issues. Luckily for the developers most people have low standards and/or just oblivious anyway though and the game will be highly praised.

Luckily for the developers most people have low standards and/or just oblivious anyway though and the game will be highly praised.

those are two separate things...the gameplay is being highly praised while the performance is getting hammered...you can have an excellent game that is not optimized on Day 1...look at Gotham Knights (I'm not saying it's an excellent game but just using it as an example)...it was a mess on Day 1 but the February 2023 patch pretty much eliminated the stuttering (took 4 months to fix)

Fallen Order still has stuttering but it is not anywhere near as bad as it was at release

Here are the Jedi: Survivor unlock times:

Los Angeles: 9 pm PDT (April 27)
New York: 12 am EDT (April 28)
London: 5 am BST
Paris: 6 am CEST
Sydney: 2 pm AEST

Reactions: w35t
like this
It's game time and still, "Your key will be assigned as soon as it is available." 😢

I have the EA pass thing so I’m going to try this 3090/9900k at 4K.

Wish me luck.

That said, I now have zero patience for games that don’t run well. So expect me to be salty when I get back.

It's really weird. I change options and resolutions and there is almost no change in fps. I turned off FSR2 and there is no major change in FPS maybe a 1-2fps at best. I changed 4k to 1440p and the difference is negligible at best 1-2fps which is really weird. I am getting about 40-46 fps mostly on my rig. I honestly can't tell if HDR is on or off, but I think it is off and doesn't turn on for real. The setting should turn off when I go from full screen to borderless full screen but it still says HDR is on when in borderless. It is playable to me and there is some hitching I noticed during the cut scenes but that might just be loading. The cut scenes at the start pretty much ran at 60-75 fps. It seems like FSR2 doesn't seem to be helping much (maybe 2-3fps) if RT is on otherwise it doesn't seem to help at all. The audio syncing thing that was shown in the video jobert posted earlier was not present in the starting cutscenes I went through. I only got to the first meditation spot but I got to go get some sleep so I'll pick this up tomorrow.

Dualsense is natively supported at least.

Wow, this game is a blast. I am running 4K and usually hovering from 45-70 fps. Did maybe 3-4 meditation spots. Cal is such a bad ass. Really enjoying it.
However, performance issues need to be fixed. I am not using FSR2 as it does absolutely nothing. 4K Epic settings and RT on for now. There is very limited RT in the first level btw. I am sure game is going to hitch bad once I hit outside levels but for now it is very playable.
But the bad assery is just amazing!

Okay… I’m really surprised.

I’m very early into the game, but the stutter-fest that I was expecting simply isn’t there. First of all, I didn’t even bother enabling ray tracing on my 3090. I also kept the settings at the High default, instead of opting for Epic.

HDR is definitely working - because, honestly, the game looks really good. It actually looks WAY better than the first game.

I’ve played for literally 15 minutes… so this might all go to hell… but because I’ve been playing pc games for 35 years now, I’ve gotten good at knowing when a game excites me… typically it happens right away or not at all… and this game excites me. Just great atmosphere, amazing sound, and combat that makes you feel like you’re a damned Jedi Knight.

So at least on my rig… there’s just no way this is comparable to the shit show that was The Last of Us. One reviewer said this game performs worse than The Last of Us - nope… not even close for me.

Again, this might all go to hell… but so far, I’m kind of shocked?

Alex from Digital Foundry says that Jedi: Survivor is in such bad shape on PC that he thinks it should be pulled from Steam

The issue was in there in the beginning. They corrected it over time. However, I ended up dodging my way through most of the encounters as a result. It had something to do with Console versions being capped to 30 FPS and all the timing on blocks and saber locks were tied to that. At 60FPS (at 4K) it was nearly unplayable.
I don't think they ever patched that. The game is playable at higher framerates, it's just harder because the parry windows are way shorter. I finished it at 90fps on highest difficulty, as long as you can keep a stable framerate you can learn the timings and get used to it. No clue about this new release though.

It's really weird. I change options and resolutions and there is almost no change in fps. I turned off FSR2 and there is no major change in FPS maybe a 1-2fps at best. I changed 4k to 1440p and the difference is negligible at best 1-2fps which is really weird. I am getting about 40-46 fps mostly on my rig. I honestly can't tell if HDR is on or off, but I think it is off and doesn't turn on for real. The setting should turn off when I go from full screen to borderless full screen but it still says HDR is on when in borderless. It is playable to me and there is some hitching I noticed during the cut scenes but that might just be loading. The cut scenes at the start pretty much ran at 60-75 fps. It seems like FSR2 doesn't seem to be helping much (maybe 2-3fps) if RT is on otherwise it doesn't seem to help at all. The audio syncing thing that was shown in the video jobert posted earlier was not present in the starting cutscenes I went through. I only got to the first meditation spot but I got to go get some sleep so I'll pick this up tomorrow.

Dualsense is natively supported at least.
Of course settings make no difference because the game is hopelessly CPU bound so the GPU and related settings are irrelevant. If you monitor GPU utilization you won't find it "weird".

This CPU bound nonsense again. I have 100% GPU utilization and only 20-40% CPU at least in starting area. Even when game was chugging during a cutscene with lots of lights (no spoilers), the GPU was at 99-100%.

Not sure what is wrong with people’s rigs.

This CPU bound nonsense again. I have 100% GPU utilization and only 20-40% CPU at least in starting area. Even when game was chugging during a cutscene with lots of lights (no spoilers), the GPU was at 99-100%.

Not sure what is wrong with people’s rigs.
How far into the game are you?

The RTX setting is bugged so you probably have it off if your GPU usage is high:

Can post shots when I am next on my computer. RTX seems on as I can see reflections and shiny bits on floor, glass, iron etc. Will double check.

Again, not sure why anyone is surprised. UE4 just doesn't handle raytracing properly. It's been slapped onto the engine. Just disable it. Every UE4 game with it runs 1000% times better with it off, and it's really not worth the performance impact / engine limitations with it on.

Back