Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

looks like no more delays...I'm really looking forward to this...hopefully it launches in good shape...I'm curious what RT features will be included

as long as this game launches with RT support and there are no major performance issues it's an easy buy for me...5 weeks left!

Jesus... can you just enjoy games without bitching about RT implementation? It's not the end all be all of anything right now. I bet you prob still have a dedicated physx card....

early impressions are very positive...sounds like an upgrade in every way to Fallen Order...I was able to snag a code for $25 so I'm happy (the game is being bundled with AMD CPU's)...hopefully it's a solid PC port with RT on Day 1...with the state of PC ports nowadays I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best

PC non-RT System Requirements...I love how they put the AMD hardware in the main list and put the Nvidia/Intel specs with an asterisk at the bottom...you can tell that this is an AMD sponsored game which is why I'm not expecting the RT implementation to be all that great...

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi/jedi-survivor/pc-system-requirements

Survivor.jpg

Dam 155GB. That sounds insane. But then again Marvel's Avengers is 95GB, Uncharted Legacy of Thieves is 124GB, Death Stranding DC is 74GB, Doom Eternal is 89GB and TLOU pt1 is 88.5GB. So it might be fine, well unless it's like that size and only 6 hours long then we might be able to complain about WTF is eating that space up. :)

Wonder if it'll run on the Deck lol.

Does this game have better graphics than the 1st game? I couldn't get into the 1st game for some reason I fired up the 1st game but my save was deleted.
I wasn't very far in the game though just made in to the 1st planet and fought some guys on a train.

Does this game have better graphics than the 1st game? I couldn't get into the 1st game for some reason I fired up the 1st game but my save was deleted.
I wasn't very far in the game though just made in to the 1st planet and fought some guys on a train.
Well IDK for sure, I have been avoiding reviews and previews, but I should HOPE so considering it's 155GB SSD space requirements. :) IMHO though if you couldn't get into the first one I'd be holding off getting the second. I don't see them changing much about it. Though I think I read somewhere that all the force powers you had learned by the end of the first game are all available at the start of this game.

As far as the first game goes, it's not till after that whole train section that the game actually begins. The first planet should be after that train section and from there will lead to other planets and learning more force abilities.

If you crank the details on the first game I think it still looks pretty damn good. This one looks like more of the same. There seem to be some new effects and lots more happening (at least in the trailers), but the graphics look pretty similar. I'll just hope the stutters are kept to a minimum.

If you crank the details on the first game I think it still looks pretty damn good. This one looks like more of the same. There seem to be some new effects and lots more happening (at least in the trailers), but the graphics look pretty similar. I'll just hope the stutters are kept to a minimum.
Agreed, the first game looked good, but it certainly had some stutter which is annoying as hell.

Great I watched the story so far video on ign. Had forgotten what went on last time.

I'm currently replaying Fallen Order in 4K (DSR) and it looks really good...Jedi: Survivor should look even better due to ray-tracing (RT reflections)...but being that it's an AMD sponsored title I'm not expecting the RT implementation to be great

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.png
    4.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 5.png
    5.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
These days, because I’ve played so many games, and have so many left to play, it just takes the smallest thing for me to abandon a game, or not play it at all. And, with this game, I couldn’t stand the way the controlling character animates - too stiff!

A silly reason to stop? Yeah… maybe. But I’m getting older, and my time is running out. Life’s too short to be spending it on things that don’t make me happy, which is also why I try not to argue with people anymore.

That said, I have the big pass thing on EA, which means I can download this game for ‘free’, even though I’m paying for it. I’ll have a look.

Reviews are dropping.

The average score, so far, is 9 out of 10, if you care about that sort of thing. These days, for me personally, the scores tend not to mean much. The Last of Us and Hogwarts Legacy, if I’m to judge by their metacritic scores, should have excited me, but they didn’t. That said, I usually take notice of a game if it gets a 9 out 10 average.

Also, it looks like the game has technical issues. Honestly, I’m getting fed up with games that don’t work on release. It seems like this has now become the norm… you release your broken game, then fix it later.

Looking forward to reading about your experiences on the pc with this game.

The average score, so far, is 9 out of 10, if you care about that sort of thing. These days, for me personally, the scores tend not to mean much. The Last of Us and Hogwarts Legacy, if I’m to judge by their metacritic scores, should have excited me, but they didn’t. That said, I usually take notice of a game if it gets a 9 out 10 average.

Also, it looks like the game has technical issues. Honestly, I’m getting fed up with games that don’t work on release. It seems like this has now become the norm… you release your broken game, then fix it later.

nice!...reviews seem excellent across the board...like you said mostly 9/10 with an 8/10 being the lowest...unfortunately PC performance issues are almost expected nowadays...I need to read some of the PC reviews later to find out how bad the issues are...either way I got the game for cheap ($25) through the AMD promo so I might just dive in on Day 1

PC Gamer review

The only thing that threatened to ruin my good time were the constant performance issues with the PC version...even with Nvidia's latest driver specifically optimized for the game, my framerate regularly slowed to a crawl at very annoying moments...stepping through doors sometimes triggers double-digit framerate drops for ten seconds or more...cutscenes often plummet to 15-20 fps, cut off or overlap dialogue, and usually don't recover until I get control back

I'm no Unreal Engine expert, but the worst slowdowns always seem to occur when the game's loading stuff in the background...using the galaxy map on Cal's ship turned into a slideshow every single time—presumably because it's begun loading the planet I'm about to travel to...performance in the most open parts of Koboh is pretty bad, too...on an RTX 2080 Super, i9-9900KS 4.00GHz, and 32GB RAM, I was lucky to squeeze a 35 fps average in the semi-open world...isolated levels ran flawlessly at 80-90 fps, so there's clearly something up with the way Respawn is drawing big spaces...I briefly tried one other machine (RTX 3060, Ryzen 7 5700G, 16GB RAM) and had the same problems

For what it's worth, there's a pre-release patch coming a few days before launch, and among the patch notes EA shared with press is "performance improvements across all platforms"..hopefully it'll help, but I'd be surprised if all of those framerate drops disappeared overnight...we are living in a time of bad PC ports(opens in new tab), after all

Unacceptable performance aside, the good news is I still had a great time...Jedi: Survivor is a bigger, bolder game than its predecessor that prioritizes tight level design over map scale, a rarity in an age of sprawling sandboxes...this is Respawn firing on all cylinders, having finally figured out what works in its weird soulslike adventure format...

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-jedi-survivor-review/

PC Gamer review

The only thing that threatened to ruin my good time were the constant performance issues with the PC version...even with Nvidia's latest driver specifically optimized for the game, my framerate regularly slowed to a crawl at very annoying moments...stepping through doors sometimes triggers double-digit framerate drops for ten seconds or more...cutscenes often plummet to 15-20 fps, cut off or overlap dialogue, and usually don't recover until I get control back

I'm no Unreal Engine expert, but the worst slowdowns always seem to occur when the game's loading stuff in the background...using the galaxy map on Cal's ship turned into a slideshow every single time—presumably because it's begun loading the planet I'm about to travel to...performance in the most open parts of Koboh is pretty bad, too...on an RTX 2080 Super, i9-9900KS 4.00GHz, and 32GB RAM, I was lucky to squeeze a 35 fps average in the semi-open world...isolated levels ran flawlessly at 80-90 fps, so there's clearly something up with the way Respawn is drawing big spaces...I briefly tried one other machine (RTX 3060, Ryzen 7 5700G, 16GB RAM) and had the same problems

For what it's worth, there's a pre-release patch coming a few days before launch, and among the patch notes EA shared with press is "performance improvements across all platforms"..hopefully it'll help, but I'd be surprised if all of those framerate drops disappeared overnight...we are living in a time of bad PC ports(opens in new tab), after all

Unacceptable performance aside, the good news is I still had a great time...Jedi: Survivor is a bigger, bolder game than its predecessor that prioritizes tight level design over map scale, a rarity in an age of sprawling sandboxes...this is Respawn firing on all cylinders, having finally figured out what works in its weird soulslike adventure format...

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-jedi-survivor-review/
I eagerly await the DF review. Seems like we might have another UE4 stutter game.

sounds like an improvement in every way to the first game...only downside is the performance issues (PC)...but performance can be fixed over time...bad gameplay can't be fixed...I'm re-playing Fallen Order now and I can't wait to jump directly into Jedi: Survivor

Sounds like all platforms have some kind of performance issues: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/star...major-cpu-and-vram-optimization-issues-on-pc/

GameStar used an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X with 32GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090. And, even at 1440p, the Ryzen 9 5900X is unable to maintain even 50fps.
NVIDIA RTX4090 being underused. For the most part, NVIDIA’s graphics card is used at around 35-60%.
Thankfully, GameStar has included an MSI Afterburner overlay in the video. As we can see, the game’s PC review build can mainly use 4 CPU threads so I don’t really know what is causing this CPU bottleneck.
GameStar’s video the game using up to 18GB of VRAM at 1440p.
And in case you’re wondering, both PS5 and Xbox Series X appear to have performance issues.

So it looks like a 1080p game for 16GB of VRAM cards lol.

My 3060 Ti is whimpering already. Hopefully the day one patch will iron out the worst bugs.

Seems like another crappy 2022-23 release. People can talk about how games are using more VRAM all they want, but that certainly doesn't look like it should require 18GB at 1440. Dying Light 2 looks fairly good and uses around 6.7GB of VRAM at that resolution.

This doesn't appear to look that much better than Fallen Order (which was just average looking), yet this is bringing top of the lines systems down. Performance problems on consoles as well. Another poorly optimized game. It seems like every other major release has performance problems these days.

So an even worse stuttering pos of a game than the first one. And a 4090 cant even maintain 60 fps at 1440p and is using 18 gb of vram. There will be another patch before launch but no way it will magically fix all the horrendous performance being seen right now. Of course the usual oblivious fuckwits will be letting others know that it runs great for them so must be your pc...

I wasn't happy when I read a 4090 couldn't run it at 60FPS at 1440p still it was a game I wanted to play on Day 1 so I preordered 2 weeks ago. I guess I'll find out if I feel it's actually playable on day 1:rolleyes:. Oh well hope for the best that the day 1 patch is good I guess. 🤞

Back