Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Steam has listed the release date as March 16th, 2023 which lines up with previous rumors...expect an official announcement and new trailer this Thursday at the Game Awards

a prequel novel called Star Wars Jedi: Battle Scars has also been officially announced for March 7th 2023...written by Sam Maggs (who also worked on many games such as Anthem, Marvel's Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps, Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Call of Duty: Vanguard, and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands) and published by Del Rey, Battle Scars is set in the years between Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor...

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-jedi-battle-scars-cover-reveal

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1599810833777057793

Survivor.png

Looks good, will buy. Fallen Order was a game I really enjoyed but didn't on the second go oddly. Should be feel more rewarding for a second play though which I hope the sequel has.

they'll probably dump him into one of the existing SW Disney+ series like Mandalorian or the upcoming Ahsoka Tano one instead of giving him his own standalone one...the recent Andor series was excellent

ANDOR is the series I never asked for but now love! Best new series on streaming this year IMHO.

I am giving the first one a second go. I am not sure if I was a bitter boomer over the new movies or what but the game is fantastic. I have no idea what my complaint was.

this sounds epic...the new stances have a Nioh feel to it...and it should be a real looker with ray-tracing...the light saber fights with RT reflections will be jawdropping

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor preview

One of the most notable additions is the arrival of several new fighting stances for Cal Kestis as he goes into battle. “We have five fully realized stances in the game,” Asmussen shares. “A lot of it depends on the enemy that you’re coming across. It’s advantageous to use certain types of stances against certain types of enemies, and it’s up to the player to figure that out. It requires the player to break down the enemies and figure out what the best weapon of choice is”...

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2022/12/20/new-details-set-the-stage

I'm really glad that Stig Asmussen is back as Creative Director for this sequel...he was a major reason for the success of the first game and I'm sure Survivor will not disappoint...never let it be said that EA no longer publishes great games

Jedi: Survivor is being bundled with AMD 7000 series CPU's

When you purchase any Zen 4 chip you will get, courtesy of AMD, a PC code for the game, for free...The offer, dubbed the AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Game Bundle, is only available until April 1, 2023, which is a couple of weeks after the game comes out in March...what retailers are participating in the offer varies depending on where you are in the world, but in North America, you can cop the bundle via the likes of Amazon, Newegg, and many others

as for what chips qualify, it's the following: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X, AMD Ryzen 9 7900, AMD Ryzen 7 7700X, AMD Ryzen 7 7700, AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, and AMD Ryzen 5 7600...

https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/star-wars-bundle

Same...whenever they show up. I literally have a fully built-system ready to toss one in (or if they aren't up to snuff, at 7950X)
Are there rumours of Zen 4 X3D CPU timing yet? Been debating building a new rig this year, the 9700K 5GHz is coming up on 5 years old this fall. Probably hold onto the 3080 for now though.

At least they're giving you something for pre-ordering. I'd rather have companies give out cosmetics than some sort of weapon or power that you can only get by pre-ordering.

sounds incredible!...my most anticipated title of 2023

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor- Exclusive Hands-On Video Preview

I played the first one on PC. Wife has it for her Xbox. I'm wondering if I should replay it on Xbox to see if the console version is better?
Leaning heavily towards getting the PS5 version.

I played the first one on PC. Wife has it for her Xbox. I'm wondering if I should replay it on Xbox to see if the console version is better?
Leaning heavily towards getting the PS5 version.

The first game wasn't that different, although I guess that also depends on what kind of PC/Xbox you're on. The PS5 version of part 2 seems like a safe bet either way. They aren't about to release the flagship version of this game as unfinished or broken, while the PC version might be.

They really need a Darth Vader single player game. It's cool for Battlefront but the Hackers and respawn wreck the experience. Just simulate the cape like Batman's cape

Back