Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

I want to play this, but not with all the issues. And probably not for more than about $10.
It's definitely worth more than $10. As for the issues, I had very few of them through my two playthroughs beyond the initial stuttering. That was initially fixed by turning off my e-cores and then after a patch, I was able to re-enable them.

IMO no matter what setting you choose (or what CPU/GPU you have), you're still going to have hitches and minute stuttering. The DLSS frame-gen DLL that the game comes with also causes ghosting with the UI, although you can replace it with an older one to fix that. If you play for long periods of time it'll eventually break and bog down to 30fps, too. Other games also do that, so it's not just this one. Those things might or might not bother you, though. The hitching/stutter is worse than in the first game, but I found it tolerable. If it ran perfectly it would be a $60 game to this day in my eyes. As it stands, it's one I'd still recommend on sale for $30 or less.

I picked this one up for ~$30 and played it for an hour or so. I really enjoyed the first one but this one didn't grab me so I refunded it. Way too much Tomb Raider in that first bit.

they need to officially announce the 3rd and final game in the trilogy...sucks that Stig Asmussen left Respawn as he was one of the major reasons for the success of this series but I'm hoping whoever's left can deliver a satisfying ending

Probably never will be at this point. It is mostly bug free it just has stuttering issues, primarily when switching to cutscenes from gameplay. There can be fairly big stutters there. Not micro stutters either. In gameplay it is mostly smooth and fine.

I'd be shocked if they were still doing any work on this game beyond potentially adding DLC outfits or something like that. If the stuttering and frame-gen stuff was fixable, they would have done it by now. It's clearly a load-bearing wall within the code or whoever could have done something about it is long gone.

I played this a week or two after it launched and loved the game...yes there were stutters but it didn't distract from the overall gameplay and it wasn't egregious enough to be a dealbreaker...it was less annoying than Fallen Order's stutter issue

I'd be shocked if they were still doing any work on this game beyond potentially adding DLC outfits or something like that. If the stuttering and frame-gen stuff was fixable, they would have done it by now. It's clearly a load-bearing wall within the code or whoever could have done something about it is long gone.

That is what I think. Their patch progress has been slow, I think what we have is what we're going to get. Which is too bad. The stuttering is some of the worst I've seen but thankfully it is seldom in actual gameplay. But it does ruin cutscenes.

Back