Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

I finished it not too long ago. Found it to be rather enjoyable but did leave me wishing for more. Didn't experience any bugs or glitches though it. Will go through and 100% it just to find all the lore aspects
Must be great to be completely oblivious to one of the most stuttering games ever released.

Must be great to be completely oblivious to one of the most stuttering games ever released.
Started playing about a week ago. Stutter is bad during transition to new areas and some cutscenes for the most part. Happens here and there during during fights etc, but nothing that ruins the game for me. Playing at 120fps/Hz with gsync tho, maybe it helps.

Started playing about a week ago. Stutter is bad during transition to new areas and some cutscenes for the most part. Happens here and there during during fights etc, but nothing that ruins the game for me. Playing at 120fps/Hz with gsync tho, maybe it helps.
Gsync/freesync helps with the hundreds of little hitches throughout the game but is no help at all on the big stuttery areas.

Did they ever fix the performance issues with this game?
Nope not at all. Still the same stutters in the same places after all this time no matter what setup I have played it on. It's amazing that they can start working on a sequel and can't even fix basic performance issues in their current game. I guess as long as oblivious people give the game good ratings and don't give a shit then this is the kind of garbage we get.

Nope not at all. Still the same stutters in the same places after all this time no matter what setup I have played it on. It's amazing that they can start working on a sequel and can't even fix basic performance issues in their current game. I guess as long as oblivious people give the game good ratings and don't give a shit then this is the kind of garbage we get.

graphics or performance aren't the only things that matter to people- believe it or not gameplay itself plays a big role in people's enjoyment of a game

Last edited:
graphics or performance aren't the only thing that matter to people- believe it or not gameplay itself plays a big role in people's enjoyment of a game
Well I don't give a shit about gameplay if I keep being annoyed by stutters and hitches.

I'm replaying this right now and it still has stutters and hitches in predictable spots. I've never had it in an area where it affected combat, jumping, etc. but it definitely happens when transitioning between areas. It also happens in certain cutscenes when the camera angle shifts. It isn't enough to make me bail on the game, but it's annoying. The game also pushes your hardware super hard at random. You'll be in an area that's totally devoid of anything and both your CPU and GPU fans are blazing at 100%. You'll be in the same area with a pile of enemies going ham and it's like your hardware isn't even being used. Oddly, changing your poncho or outfit in the menu seems to "unload" whatever is pushing things so hard.

That said, it's still an enjoyable game, though. The graphics and sound are top notch. The level design is terrific, too.

Yeah I remember the hitches being annoying, kind of crazy they happen on a 5800X/3090 too haha. But like you say, the actual gameplay experience, level design, sound design and overall presentation is so well done it's just a fun engaging game.

bought this game on Day 1...never played it but I installed it last night and am going to start tonight...funny because watching the new Obi-Wan Kenobi series on Disney+ gave me a renewed interest in this because some parts of the game were shown- Fortress Inquisitorius etc

What's funny is that the Obi-Wan episode with Fortress Inquisitorius borrows heavily from this game. In fact, lots of things in this game line-up with the Kenobi series. Beyond being bored with my other games, Kenobi is one reason I went back to it recently. If you can overlook the hitches and both your CPU and GPU fans blazing at 100%, it's a worthwhile experience. If you like the Souls games and (especially) Sekiro, you'll dig it. Just set the difficulty to Jedi Master and you'll be right at home.

I started my first playthrough last night...performance is fine for the most part except for the occasional hitches...my CPU/GPU fans are not going at max speeds when playing (1440p and all graphics settings on Epic)...the only thing I disabled was Film Grain as it gave the game a softer look...I was expecting better graphics with an Unreal Engine 4 game...they aren't bad but not as crisp and detailed

very Souls-like mechanics (bonfires) and combat...the one thing I absolutely hate in this game is the map...totally confusing and useless

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 4.png
    4.png
  • 5.png
    5.png
    3 MB · Views: 1
Played this game on PS4, then again on PC... then again on PS5. I have 100% with all Achievements each version. I think it was a perfect storm of excellent game, being starved of good old school single player experience, and being utterly fed up with the saturation of mile-wide, inch-deep "games as a service" games. Regardless, I am looking forward to the Sequel and hoping EA doesn't decide to use the franchise's momentum to pull some stupid shit like they have so many times prior.

fantastic game...I just finished the first major planet- Zeffa...they nailed the light saber and Force combat...feels awesome tearing through enemies...the game is also challenging which I love...my major gripe is the terrible map and the fact that they make you backtrack through the entire level to go back to your ship...it's easy to get lost as certain passageways and routes get changed up

Last edited:
I remember wishing there was some kind of quick travel, although they use forced backtracking to spring a few surprises on you. I gave up on using the map almost instantly, It's basically worthless outside of looking thematically like Star Wars.

One thing I noticed in my replay is that they changed when and where you get the dual saber. At launch, you got that pretty late in the game and frankly, it totally sucks from that point forward. You can now get the dual saber rather quickly and it's a little more useful in the earlier areas. It's still really, really weak though. There's a force ability that makes you swap to and from the dual saber automatically in certain combos. DO NOT get that ability. It'll make a lot of fights much harder because your combos will go from doing solid damage to nothing.

really amazing game...each level is huge with so many optional areas that open up into their own separate huge areas...amazing level design with shortcuts and secret areas all over...Respawn doing their best From Software/Arkane impersonation...it's like Titanfall 2 meets Dark Souls 1...the save points (bonfires) are spread out (and some hidden) so it's annoying at times...exploration is fun but the items you get are mostly cosmetic stuff for your light saber, clothing etc

incredibly fun game especially if you're a SW fan...best single player SW game in forever

I wish they'd change the respawning enemies in the sequel. A bit more clear navigation could be useful to.

this is an A+ game all the way...I absolutely love it...I always heard good things about it but never knew it was this good...I actually prefer the single bladed light saber over the double blade as the double blade special moves use more of your Force meter...both are cool but I like some of the single blade special move-sets more

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 1.png
    1.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
  • 4.png
    4.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 5.png
    5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
I remember wishing there was some kind of quick travel, although they use forced backtracking to spring a few surprises on you. I gave up on using the map almost instantly, It's basically worthless outside of looking thematically like Star Wars.

One thing I noticed in my replay is that they changed when and where you get the dual saber. At launch, you got that pretty late in the game and frankly, it totally sucks from that point forward. You can now get the dual saber rather quickly and it's a little more useful in the earlier areas. It's still really, really weak though. There's a force ability that makes you swap to and from the dual saber automatically in certain combos. DO NOT get that ability. It'll make a lot of fights much harder because your combos will go from doing solid damage to nothing.

They allow you to visit Dathomir earlier than at release, which gives the brave (or quick and sneaky) the option to find the double bladed hilt before the Story acknowledges it

Aside from that, I found all the styles useful, but Single bladed definitely felt the best to me and offered the highest single strike damage.
Double bladed does less damage per strike, but offers better crowd control when surrounded by multiple enemies, and can throw off some enemies when randomly added to the mix.
Dual bladed is not truly selectable and only appears in a couple combos that I used with any frequency. It's benefit only comes into play when facing late game Bosses that have a weakness to switching styles to confuse them.

Hopefully the various styles will be selectable at will in the sequel and not just an unlockable move in the Skill tree. Love to see them each fleshed out more as part of the Skill tree however.

I'm up to the final level- Fortress Inquisitorius...best SW single player game I've ever played (I never played KOTOR but plan on getting the remake)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 4.png
    4.png
  • 5.png
    5.png
  • 6.png
    6.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I wish they'd change the respawning enemies in the sequel. A bit more clear navigation could be useful to.

Only level I really disliked the layout and found it confusing was the ice planet. Took a long time to get comfortable with getting in and out and you're there a lot.

only good thing about waiting 2.5 years to play this amazing game is that it'll make the wait for the sequel much shorter (Jedi: Survivor is coming in 2023)...

Attachments

• 7.png
    7.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 8.png
    8.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 9.png
    9.png
    715.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 10.png
    10.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 11.png
    11.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I picked this up around 2 years ago and never really put any time into it and just picked it up again. The game is pretty fun but has some major flaws IMO:

1) There is a ton of backtracking and moving about the levels is too slow to make it enjoyable. There are shortcuts but they're hardly ever short enough. A fast travel system would help immensely. JFC the ice planet is a cluster and complete pain to traverse.
2) The saber duels are the best part of the game and there aren't enough of them.
3) Force powers are practically worthless on all but the Storm Troopers and are completely worthless on bosses.
4) The movement abilities are doled out too slowly. The game is a lot more fluid and enjoyable once you have the abilities and feels kind of slow and frustrating before you get them.
5) Unskippable cutscenes.
6) I loved BD-8 but his scanning ability often requires you to stand right on top of whatever he needs to scan. This means that some codex entries can be easily missed because you were two feet away while he'll travel all the way across the room for others.
7) All of the chests contain skins only. Would have been nice if there were items that increased your power or changed your capabilities that were worth seeking out.
8) The last boss battle is garbage. You have to parry 2-3 attacks to get a hit in and then back out and wait ages for another opening. Not to mention that she has giant combos and 3 or 4 unblockable attacks that she can break out while you're wailing on her. It would have been a lot more fun if it was more of a duel where you could stand toe to toe instead of constantly dodging and running away from her force powers (while yours are again useless versus her). She even has a flashbang that's unblockable/undodgable and still takes effect if you look the opposite direction.
She was far more fun to fight in the prior battles because of this IMO.
9) The game is often pretty dark and for some reason the lightsaber can only be used as a torch in certain areas.
10)
There was no reason for Vader to show up and while he is a nigh-unbeatable badass all of the media that contains him just makes him look a fucking dumbass that contantly loses because he plays with his food.

Graphics run from good to excellent. Sound design is excellent. Story is decent. Combat is a bit one note but still pretty fun most of the time. All in all it was a fun game but I can't be bothered to do either New Game+ or all of the running around to fetch different colored skins which is a shame as the last few games I've gotten into I've enjoyed enough to go 100% completion on them. Took me about 18 hours on Jedi Knight difficulty and while stuttering did happen it only killed me once that I recall. I'd give it a 7/10 and it's worth a playthrough. One of the better SW properties.

Last edited:
7) The last boss battle is garbage. You have to parry 2-3 attacks to get a hit in and then back out and wait ages for another opening. Not to mention that she has giant combos and 3 or 4 unblockable attacks that she can break out while you're wailing on her. It would have been a lot more fun if it was more of a duel where you could stand toe to toe instead of constantly dodging and running away from her force powers (while yours are again useless versus her).
thats the biggest reason i dont like "souls" style games, was disappointed to find that this is one of them. i think ive got ~45min of playtime, at least i got it cheap....

I actually spammed push like mad on the final boss. Fighting her the "honest" way was a total pain. On my replay I discovered that push keeps stunning her. If you have the ability that refills your force meter with stims, it's easy to abuse.

I didn't like most of the skin choices. I think I rocked the starting outfit the whole time, although I did like the "magus" lightsaber skins.

this game has some flaws- a lot of backtracking through levels, some stuttering/hitching, map totally sucks but despite all that it's everything I wanted in a Star Wars game...the combat, atmosphere, amazing level design, stunning audio (the hum and crackle of light sabers is awesome), voice acting were all incredible...I didn't find the combat or game in general all that difficult but that's probably because I'm a huge fan of From Software games and already mastered the mechanics

I played one difficulty down from the Max difficulty setting (Jedi Master)...the parrying timings were really generous (especially compared to the Souls games)...Fallen Order felt more like Sekiro in terms of combat versus Dark Souls...the only somewhat challenging boss was the last one (Trilla Suduri/Second Sister)...the backtracking through levels bothered me a bit in the beginning but I learned to appreciate it...when you return to the planets you unlock new areas and new shortcuts so it feels fresh

I'm really happy game director Stig Asmussen is returning for the sequel (Jedi: Survivor)...I have total confidence that he will once again nail it...I'm glad to see Respawn once again return to glory with Stig a big reason why...never let it be said that EA can no longer publish great single player games...there were no microtransactions etc and a return to the glory days of EA...and yes I played the entire game with kb/m, so don't let anyone tell you that it needs to be played with a controller

Grade: A+

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.png
    4.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 5.png
    5.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 6.png
    6.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 7.png
    7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This was the first game I fired up after building a completely from the ground up new computer and of course it stutters the same and in exactly the same spots just like it has on every single other setup I've tried it on over the years. I'm sorry but I just do not believe anyone that claims this game doesn't stutter when I can reproduce it across at least six or seven setups that I've used.

This was the first game I fired up after building a completely from the ground up new computer and of course it stutters the same and in exactly the same spots just like it has on every single other setup I've tried it on over the years. I'm sorry but I just do not believe anyone that claims this game doesn't stutter when I can reproduce it across at least six or seven setups that I've used.
It's that U4 shader complication thing.

who has said the game doesn't stutter?...I played it for the first time in 2022 and noticed it but it's not severe enough where it takes away from the overall experience...it happens in certain areas but usually at the opening of a new level...not in the middle of combat or other important sections

There's definitely no way to keep Fallen Order from stuttering in spots, but I'd also say that I found it mostly tolerable. I can't think of any instances where it made me angry or it affected gameplay for more than a milisecond. It's also not like it's something that happens that much. A couple times per level, with that intro planet actually having the worst instances of it in the whole game. I'm okay with a slight hitch every 5 minutes (in mostly empty spots) vs. games where it's more ever-present or ones where it happens in action sequences.

I played this for the first time last year but am thinking about doing a replay in preparation for the Jedi: Survivor sequel (April 28th)...to get myself accustomed to the controls and movement again...plus it was an excellent game

Dying Light 2 was going to be my next game but I decided to hold off until the big April patch

Not oblivious, I never noted I had no stuttering. I had no glitches or bugs. I played it with a crap OEM 1650 super, every game stuttered at times(this only improved after I tore it down, repasted it, pulled what I hope was dog hair, last owner had huskies) from the fan and did some over clocking). I was(still am and always will be) willing to overlook the limitations of my hardware to enjoy a game.

Happy to report that I started a new play though to re-orientate myself for the new one coming out next month on a rx6600 and areas that stuttered on low(recommended) settings switch the 1650 super, did not stutter on max(recommended) settings.

Back