Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gets Upgrade For PS5 And Xbox Series X/S

The upgrade is free to those who already own Fallen Order on PS4 or Xbox One, so long as you stick within a console family (so, PS4 to PS5 or Xbox One to Xbox Series X/S)...

https://kotaku.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-gets-upgrade-for-ps5-and-x-1847071643

And you can get a digital code for the game if you had the physical game on older consoles and now have a discless console. You'd need proof of purchase, picture of the physical game etc.

I wanted to ask around if anyone with the disc game could get me the digital game but its a hassle. This should be possible though. As long as you have the required information

Any tips for fixing the constant stutter? Getting pretty fucking annoying, but from what I have read it seems to have been an issue on all platforms.

I remember lowering a couple settings (that seemed to do very little) to make the game smoother, but there were weird pause-like hiccups no matter what I did.

no fix, it's just a game issue you have to cope with.
I remember lowering a couple settings (that seemed to do very little) to make the game smoother, but there were weird pause-like hiccups no matter what I did.
Cheers both.

You have to wonder what they did to so badly fuck up performance....this must be one of the worst performing Unreal Engine games I have come across in a long time, and the visuals whilst decent just don't justify this stuttery mess. Also no surprises that EA/Respawn can't be fucked fixing it after having raked in some cash.

I got this on sale on Steam a while back. Played through it but didn't care for it much. The story was good but the gameplay wasn't my style. It seems part of the reason was the explanation for parrying. It was rare that I'd be able to parry and since that seems to be a huge part of the combat system combat wasn't very enjoyable.

The only stuttering I noticed most of the time was in scene changes and those were pretty bad. For the most part I had no issue while playing and was surprised at how good the game performed with my Radeon RX570. There was one way for me to get the game to turn into a stuttering mess at any time but that's because I was playing on Linux and there's a bug with this game and Proton. Go to the menu at any point and the game would turn almost unplayable requiring a restart of the game to get performance back.

Ironically, despite never having played any Tomb Raider games as of the time I was playing Fallen Order (I've been playing the reboots and close to finished with Shadow of the Tomb Raider now) the gameplay felt little like a Star Wars game and something more like a Tomb Raider game. The parkour stuff was a turnoff especially since it seemed to be at least 50% of the game. I simply didn't like it in this game. After finishing Fallen Order I've finished Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider and close to finishing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The combat is obviously different but all the parkour stuff in Tomb Raider feels like it should be there whereas in Fallen Order it felt like it was put in to pad the time in the game especially since it was everywhere. You literally couldn't go anywhere in the game without parkouring a path despite the fact that allies or enemies were all over these areas and had to have had some normal means of getting to these places. It was an annoyance and immersion killer for me.

Some parkour for some secrets and special parts of the game would have been fine but they went over the top requiring it almost everywhere. It became something I hated especially with all the back and forth over the landscape in the game. What made it even worse was how long they stretched out getting back basic Jedi abilities. Again, this was for game time padding since some of these abilities would have allowed you to skip half the parkour.

I just grabbed this on sale. I am a bit into the second planet so far. Haven't had any stuttering on my old ass system - 4770k and rx580.

The gameplay is kinda meh though. I feel like 80% of the game is just trying to figure out where to go and how to get there.

I'm gonna put at least another 5-10hrs into it though to give it a chance.

It's definitely not for everyone. It felt like Star Wars meets Sekiro to me, so I had a great time with it. The little hitches never stop happening, but there was one specific setting (post processing, I think) that helped quite a bit. It was never enough to keep me from enjoying myself. To me, the most disappointing thing was that the twin lightsabers basically sucked. In order to balance them out, the game just made them super weak...which seems kinda ridiculous.

SmokeRngs, the parrying window is tied to framerate. It is intended for 30fps for consoles and wasn't fixed for the pc version. If you were running 60fps, you had only half the intended window to parry, and UT also shortens with difficulty. It's lame.

I just grabbed this on sale. I am a bit into the second planet so far. Haven't had any stuttering on my old ass system - 4770k and rx580.

The gameplay is kinda meh though. I feel like 80% of the game is just trying to figure out where to go and how to get there.

I'm gonna put at least another 5-10hrs into it though to give it a chance.
You don't have some magical version of the game so you must be not the least bit sensitive to stuttering. This game is by far the most stuttery piece of shit out there and I have played this across numerous systems including AMD and Nvidia. 99% of the stutters happen at the exact same spot so it is absolutely a game issue. Even when I go watch playthroughs of the game I know exactly where the stutter points are and it's hilarious to see them. And game settings essentially have no impact on this as the stuttering happens even at 720p on all low settings.

Now by how much it stutters does depend on the exact way you're running the game. For instance if I have the game capped at 120 FPS then the stutter point may cause frame rates to drop to 70 or so but if I have the game capped at 60fps then the frame rate can drop into the 40s. No matter what the frame rate is capped at it will drop unless you only have it capped at 30fps. Vsync certainly seems to make the stutter worse if you don't have any cap at all but freesync and g-sync do nothing at all to help and in fact in my experience actually exacerbate the issue. For instance when I was using freesync on an RX 580 the stutter points were unbelievably bad dropping into the 20s even for a split second where running normal vsync it was only dropping into the 40s.

Again all of these spots can easily produce the same stutter and there's a reason that digital foundry mentions this every time they discuss this game. But just like with resident evil village there's always going to be people that are oblivious to it and claim their game doesn't stutter.

The parry window also has to do with your difficulty setting. Check this out for some details: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/jedi-fallen-order-difficulty-options-the-best-diff/1100-6471430/
For what it's worth, I played on Jedi Master at 60fps (vsync on) and found the game challenging but still far easier than any of the Fromsoft Souls games. You can't mash parry like mad like you can in Sekiro, but the timing was similar. The Grandmaster parry timing is supposedly kinda nuts no matter what, so I'd avoid that difficulty unless you're one of those people that parries the Dark Souls DLC bosses.

I hate talking about stutter issues with games because it's one of those things that people will tell you "my game never stutters, it's smooth like buttah!" and you can't take that at face value because a good chunk of people just don't "see" the stutters the same way you or I do. Only way to have any real data when trying to solve stuttering problems is verifiable frametime graphs taken from gameplay, and given it's a pain to set up, record, and post, those who say they never have stutters usually don't post up "proof" of it. (not that the burden is on them, because they honestly don't "see" the problem anyway). But I've seen people claiming no stutter actually go through the trouble of posting gameplay, only for it to clearly show the stutter in the very gameplay they claim doesn't have stutter.

So yeah, huge pain in the ass for those of us sensitive to stutters and framepacing problems.

Stutter is often a nebulous issue. It's more visible to some people than others, it's tough to show/illustrate/describe, and it's often hardware specific rather than universal. Hell, sometimes it's even related to someone's monitor. You can google just about every PC game in the last 15 years followed by "stutter" and you're going to get results. Lots of 'em, even. What's worse is that I believe most of the posts.

I did not notice any stutter, but I wasn't looking for one and frankly I was just giddy that they finally made a star wars game right. Especially the atmosphere.

surprisingly he did a mind blowing job on my report just in 12 business days, he deleted all negatives on my report and raised my FICO score from 517 to 796 Excellent shoot I’m so happy my wife is good, all thanks to Mr. jerry, confidently write him for Credit Fix and let him know I recommended you, cheers !!

no good...I need it done in 5 days

Trust me, there are good and genuine hackers amongst fake, and I can boldly tell you that Jerry Link Credit Group is the best so far, 2 years ago my credit score was messed up due to my wife’s illness, and she was diagnosed of Chapter 3 cancer, I had 9 negatives on my report and a 517 low score, so I tried some companies here in Alabama but was scammed, not until my father in-law visited us, I told him what I’ve been through and he promised to recommend someone from Texas to me in two days; he called me in two days time that I should contact jerrylinkgroup AT gmail Dot com at first I was skeptical but he assured me to be positive, after speaking with Mr. jerry he promised to help me, so I made an upfront payment and we started the process, surprisingly he did a mind blowing job on my report just in 12 business days, he deleted all negatives on my report and raised my FICO score from 517 to 796 Excellent shoot I’m so happy my wife is good, all thanks to Mr. jerry, confidently write him for Credit Fix and let him know I recommended you, cheers !!

trust me when i say i dont trust anyone that starts a sentence with "trust me". now go away bot.

Since it was a recent topic, I tried this game recently via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and I had stutters on both of my PC's (one desktop & one laptop).

Combine that with the unclear direction of the game, I decided to uninstall and move on. The graphics and sound / atmosphere were awesome, but it was just not enough to overlook the issues.

I loved this game and Sekiro. Both I played to 100% completion and learned the parry systems. At the end of Fallen Order I really wanted to have a shot at fighting Vader fairly lol

Both of these are really niche games and require that you have a ton of patience to learn the system. If you are willing to put in the effort to learning, the reward is pretty high. I come from dmc games so "learning" the system to do S ranked hell and hell modes no hit level completions were my thing. That kind of play style is not for the faint of heart.

Their servers are down and I cant access my games even in offline mode.
Screenshot 2021-08-31 045745.png

Last edited:
It could definitely be my monitor why I don't perceive any stutter. I'm playing on 3840x1080 with FreeSync locked in at 30fps.

It hangs a tad on loading areas, but almost every game does that.

It could definitely be my monitor why I don't perceive any stutter. I'm playing on 3840x1080 with FreeSync locked in at 30fps.

"locked in at 30fps"

Lol well of course you don't see framerate stutter since you are capped at only 30. I doubt there are very many parts of the game that stutters bad enough to cause fps to drop below that. But really your standards are so low anyway since you are playing at a framerate many if not most pc gamers would already feel is stuttery. Hell just panning around at 30 fps is like some form of torture compared to even 60 fps never mind 120.

I would say this is exactly why you didn't see any stutter.

"locked in at 30fps"

Lol well of course you don't see framerate stutter since you are capped at only 30. I doubt there are very many parts of the game that stutters bad enough to cause fps to drop below that. But really your standards are so low anyway since you are playing at a framerate many if not most pc gamers would already feel is stuttery. Hell just panning around at 30 fps is like some form of torture compared to even 60 fps never mind 120.
that's not how stutter works. it's not frame rate drops, it's frames skipped. frames can be skipped at any framerate. for example, if an 80ms stutter is caused by streaming in a batch of textures, 80ms is several skipped frames whether 30 fps or 165fps.

that's not how stutter works. it's not frame rate drops, it's frames skipped. frames can be skipped at any framerate. for example, if an 80ms stutter is caused by streaming in a batch of textures, 80ms is several skipped frames whether 30 fps or 165fps.
It depends on what kind of stuttering you're talking about. The major stuttering issues in this game drop the frame rate in those spots so yes it is the frame rate drops that make the stuttering stand out. If you have the game capped at 30 fps then you will almost never experience any noticeable stuttering and pretty much no frame rate drops. Hell nearly every unreal engine game has little stutters that make maintaining even 60 FPS with vsync on pretty much impossible. You can throw all the modern high-end hardware you want to at the problem and it makes absolutely no difference.

It depends on what kind of stuttering you're talking about. The major stuttering issues in this game drop the frame rate in those spots so yes it is the frame rate drops that make the stuttering stand out. If you have the game capped at 30 fps then you will almost never experience any noticeable stuttering and pretty much no frame rate drops. Hell nearly every unreal engine game has little stutters that make maintaining even 60 FPS with vsync on pretty much impossible. You can throw all the modern high-end hardware you want to at the problem and it makes absolutely no difference.
promise i won't post again on the topic after this, but that is simply not accurate. if a game has a stutter issue caused by something such as the main thread getting hung up while another task is completed, the framerate is completely irrelevant

promise i won't post again on the topic after this, but that is simply not accurate. if a game has a stutter issue caused by something such as the main thread getting hung up while another task is completed, the framerate is completely irrelevant
Okay I'll make it real simple for you. This game stutters and has frame drops at the same spots.

I must say i liked that game when i played on xbox series x before i sold console :)

lol so much heat on the stutter! I locked it into 30fps since the game was designed around that frame rate for gameplay mechanics.

Maybe I'm just getting old or its the FreeSync assisting. I definitely don't need crazy high fps anymore to enjoy games.

With only a handful of exceptions, I'd almost rather not play at all than to play at 30fps.

i was plying on 60 fps mode on xsx

That's actually the single best thing about the new consoles: they're targeting 60fps across the board. They're even allowing last-gen games to do it in a lot of cases. It only took 'em 15 years, but we're finally there...right as 120Hz starts to hit the mainstream.

Okay I'll make it real simple for you. This game stutters and has frame drops at the same spots.

Then it would/does stutter regardless of monitor Hz and output fps, ergo you would still have stutter at 30fps.

Then it would/does stutter regardless of monitor Hz and output fps, ergo you would still have stutter at 30fps.
So it appears some of you are just bound and determined to argue no matter what. Why don't you guys claiming this go test the game yourself? If you run the game capped at 30fps there is no noticeable stutter or frame rate drops like there is running uncapped or even capped at a higher frame rate. As already mentioned, the game was probably designed around 30 FPS.

Last edited:
Finished Fallen Order today, it provided a decent souls like experience with light sabers and force powers but was marred by a janky engine, terrible plot and ending, cringe characters and dumb AI.

I finished it not too long ago. Found it to be rather enjoyable but did leave me wishing for more. Didn't experience any bugs or glitches though it. Will go through and 100% it just to find all the lore aspects

Back