Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Because I shouldn't have to do that in the first place, I don't buy games on PC to run a 60 FPS cap. The game allowed uncapped framerate and it didn't work right with that option, that is a failure on the developer's part. Also, I think the PS4 is actually between 30-60 FPS depending on your model and what mode.
"i dont want to cap it on pc so ill play on a neutered console" ok you do you.

"i dont want to cap it on pc so ill play on a neutered console" ok you do you.
Graphically on the PS4 Pro I saw no difference between the two. Other than the fact that parries actually worked and the game was actually enjoyable.

Plus I got it on sale on the PS4 so overall, it was preferable.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order PS5/ Xbox Series X/ Series S - Next-Gen Patch Tested!

I love the few oblivious folks on the steam forum saying the game runs butter smooth. This game has stutters that absolutely cannot be avoided no matter what your system is. I have played this on no less than five configurations and the stutters happen in the same exact spots. People call them the load stutters but that really makes no sense cause sometimes they may only be literally a few seconds apart and you can run back and forth across the same area and watch it stutter one way and then go back the other way and it'll stutter the other way.

The only frame rate that can remain 100% consistent in this game is 30 FPS. Anyone that says any different hasn't tested in the areas where the frame drops are. To be clear what I'm trying to say is if you're trying to maintain 120 FPS you'll get drops down into the 80s and 70s and if you're trying to maintain 60 FPS you'll get drops down into the 50s and 40s at times. That's if you're trying to run any kind of FPS cap or especially vsync. And no, g-sync or freesync doesn't fix the stuttering in those areas and in fact it seems to actually make it more noticeable.

I don't know why in the hell people don't speak up more and make these devs fix that stutterfest. It seems Digital Foundry is the only one that has any balls and mentions that the stutter is there even today. And actually there are a lot of unreal engine games that have a little hitch or stutter and absolutely cannot maintain a steady FPS but there is no game even remotely as bad as this one.

Last edited:
I love the few oblivious folks on the steam forum saying the game runs butter smooth. This game has stutters that absolutely cannot be avoided no matter what your system is. I have played this on no less than five configurations and the stutters happen in the same exact spots. People call them the load stutters but that really makes no sense cause sometimes they may only be literally a few seconds apart and you can run back and forth across the same area and watch it stutter one way and then go back the other way and it'll stutter the other way.

The only frame rate that can remain 100% consistent in this game is 30 FPS. Anyone that says any different hasn't tested in the areas where the frame drops are. To be clear what I'm trying to say is if you're trying to maintain 120 FPS you'll get drops down into the 80s and 70s and if you're trying to maintain 60 FPS you'll get drops down into the 50s and 40s at times. That's if you're trying to run any kind of FPS cap or especially vsync. And no, g-sync or freesync doesn't fix the stuttering in those areas and in fact it seems to actually make it more noticeable.

I don't know why in the hell people don't speak up more and make these devs fix that stutterfest. It seems Digital Foundry is the only one that has any balls and mentions that the stutter is there even today. And actually there are a lot of unreal engine games that have a little hitch or stutter and absolutely cannot maintain a steady FPS but there is no game even remotely as bad as this one.
Sounds exactly like load stuttering. I haven't played the game yet but got it for $14 on the epic games store sale.

Sounds exactly like load stuttering. I haven't played the game yet but got it for $14 on the epic games store sale.

I bought in on release day and haven't played it yet :D ...will need to set aside some time as I hear it's a pretty decent game

Fallen Order is Getting a PS5/XSX Update This Summer

Coming this summer, we’re excited to announce the next-gen release of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, bringing a number of technical improvements to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S console versions of the game...this will be a free cross-generation upgrade to current owners...more details will come soon...

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-day-video-game-deals

Pretty cool for console players. I can't imagine it'll affect the PC all that much. At least outside of them tossing in ray tracing and/or DLSS. Maybe cleaning up a little bit of the hitching in some areas. It already looks pretty killer and runs well on hardware from a couple years ago.
It was probably my favorite Souls-like game.

I'm holding off playing the game anymore for now hoping that when they do a next-gen update that they may actually revisit the PC version and fix the goddamn stuttering. And for anyone actually oblivious enough to say they don't have any stuttering then that's great for you but it's there for every person whether you notice it or not. About 90% of the stuttering is easily reproducible just running back and forth in the same area so it's definitely to do with loading. You can throw all the high-end hardware you want to add it it makes zero difference and it also happens on AMD as well as Nvidia setups. Even freesync or g-sync do not fix it and in fact when I was trying to test with freesync it actually made the stutter areas even worse and actually plummeted the frame rate a few times. It infuriates the hell out of me that so many people give this a great review and don't complain enough about the stuttering because there is no other game out there that is remotely as bad as this.

I'm holding off playing the game anymore for now hoping that when they do a next-gen update that they may actually revisit the PC version and fix the goddamn stuttering. And for anyone actually oblivious enough to say they don't have any stuttering then that's great for you but it's there for every person whether you notice it or not. About 90% of the stuttering is easily reproducible just running back and forth in the same area so it's definitely to do with loading. You can throw all the high-end hardware you want to add it it makes zero difference and it also happens on AMD as well as Nvidia setups. Even freesync or g-sync do not fix it and in fact when I was trying to test with freesync it actually made the stutter areas even worse and actually plummeted the frame rate a few times. It infuriates the hell out of me that so many people give this a great review and don't complain enough about the stuttering because there is no other game out there that is remotely as bad as this.
because maybe they dont have stutter?! i just bought it, ill let you know if i do...

Who would run back and forth through the loading zones, experience hitches, and think that was representative of the game as a whole and then whine about players who played and enjoyed the game?

LMAO.

So does the pc version also get an upgrade or that's already next gen?

Who would run back and forth through the loading zones, experience hitches, and think that was representative of the game as a whole and then whine about players who played and enjoyed the game?

LMAO.
What an ignorant and asinine comment. I don't know if you're completely clueless about gaming in general or what but especially in this game you backtrack back and forth quite often. The reason I was saying that was it is the loading areas which is what people have been complaining about that has the stutter. It's extremely annoying because there's no way around it. But hey yeah you go ahead and be part of the problem by just accepting it and not complaining about it ever so developers just be lazy ass fools because of ignorant people like you.

because maybe they dont have stutter?! i just bought it, ill let you know if i do...
Apparently reading comprehension is an issue here. As I've said it's the game itself that has stutters and there's no way around it. Digital foundry mentions this every time they discuss the PC version of the game but on the consoles it was even worse.

Apparently reading comprehension is an issue here. As I've said it's the game itself that has stutters and there's no way around it. Digital foundry mentions this every time they discuss the PC version of the game but on the consoles it was even worse.
no its fine. who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?! you started off with a bullshit attitude and got worse.

no its fine. who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?! you started off with a bullshit attitude and got worse.
The attitude was about the game which is about them never addressing the notorious stutter yet they focus on other things. And no you're reading comprehension isn't as fine as you think it is as I clearly said that it was the game itself that had the stutter and there was no amount of hardware you can throw at it to fix it. Then you turn around and say maybe someone doesn't have the stutter which is flat out nonsense if you actually read what I said. If someone is not bothered by this stutter then that's one thing but to say it's not there is ludicrous. There are some parts in the games where it's very bothersome but most of the stutters are just little hitches that do become quite annoying especially when you build a high-end PC to play at a smooth frame rate.

Last edited:
It seems from reviews that most people find it didn't affect their enjoyment of the game because it is essentially a non-issue as it doesn't effect the primary gameplay loop in any meaningful way. Describing it as "notorious" is disingenuous given that it wasn't a big deal for most people and, frankly, I don't even remember it despite 100%ing the game (last played May 28, 2020 according to Steam). In fact, to show you I can back up my opinion of the game I will download the game - aaaaand
1619820456525.png

Your breathtaking opinion, as I read it, is that "more gamers should be assmad about this pet peeve of mine." Forgive the rest of us for having a blast with a high production value and good gameplay experience.

It seems from reviews that most people find it didn't affect their enjoyment of the game because it is essentially a non-issue as it doesn't effect the primary gameplay loop in any meaningful way. Describing it as "notorious" is disingenuous given that it wasn't a big deal for most people and, frankly, I don't even remember it despite 100%ing the game (last played May 28, 2020 according to Steam). In fact, to show you I can back up my opinion of the game I will download the game - aaaaand
Your breathtaking opinion, as I read it, is that "more gamers should be assmad about this pet peeve of mine." Forgive the rest of us for having a blast with a high production value and good gameplay experience.

it's true that some people are more sensitive to stuttering...people complain about the frame pacing in Bloodborne but I've never noticed it when playing and had a blast...I notice stuttering but can deal with it as long as it's not happening all the time

it's true that some people are more sensitive to stuttering...people complain about the frame pacing in Bloodborne but I've never noticed it when playing and had a blast...I notice stuttering but can deal with it as long as it's not happening all the time
I only played about the first 45 minutes of bloodborne and I really didn't notice the frame facing being that off even though it is certainly widely known to be an issue. I'm guessing it's less of an issue when you're sitting real far back from a TV rather than playing a PC game on a monitor that's much closer to you. With Star wars fallen order though the little hitches are annoying but the several big stutters just really get under my skin and take away from the enjoyment of the game for me at times.

I never finished this game. It wasn't bad or anything, so I may need to get back to it.

I never finished this game. It wasn't bad or anything, so I may need to get back to it.

I dropped the game after enjoying the intro and Jedi temple, but after that, the game devs got lazy. and turned it into another Dark Souls clone

The long distances between save points, coupled with the complete disappearance of any Stealth elements or parkour side quests just pissed me off

the mid gameplay loop just sucks , unless you have perfect 3d dodge timing - there is no other way to beat these perfectionist jump + dodge + kill fests

Did you parry ever?
my timing sucked - when that is your entire game loop, I lose

I played through that jumping windmill combat section dozens of t6imes, and couldn't master the [patterns. made even worse by tiny ledges (so good luck not dodging and killing yourself)

Thats a hell of an escalation on difficulty, combined with killing any other option to get toward that goal (tried stealth, but the enemies spot you every time, and there is no climbing option.) boring mid-game loop is only interesting for hardcore Souls fans

Last edited:
my timing sucked - when that is your entire game loop, I lose

I played through that jumping windmill combat section dozens of t6imes, and couldn't master the [patterns. made even eorse by tin ledges (so good luck not doidging and killing yourself)
:(

Just to note, the timing is tied to the framerate. It's designed for 30fps consoles, so running 60fps means you're halving the window.

:(

Just to note, the timing is tied to the framerate. It's designed for 30fps consoles, so running 60fps means you're halving the window.

I played it at around 40., seemed pretty smooth to me in the earlier levels.

But the combination o those new undeflectable blasters plus those insanely tiny cliffs = death becomes me. You have to be a master at dodging on inches

I stopped during the mission when you're swimming and the AT-AT's start shooting at you. Couldn't figure out where I was supposed to go and then I eventually lost interest.

Too bad you bailed so soon. One of the better games I've played in the last few years.
I didn't bail on it exactly. It's still installed on my system, I just was frustrated with that point of the game, but as mentioned I'll get back to it eventually.

I thought it was a pretty fantastic game. Probably my favorite Souls-like game, although it was a little more finesse-heavy than most. Some people just don't dig it, though. One of my good friends and my wife (both of whom like Star Wars a lot) bailed on the game pretty quickly. There's something about it that rubs some folks the wrong way.

Reactions: maro
like this
I thought it was a pretty fantastic game. Probably my favorite Souls-like game, although it was a little more finesse-heavy than most. Some people just don't dig it, though. One of my good friends and my wife (both of whom like Star Wars a lot) bailed on the game pretty quickly. There's something about it that rubs some folks the wrong way.
i have a feeling i might run into that too. not a big fan of dodge-roll style games and forgot this was one. at least i got it relatively cheap....

i have a feeling i might run into that too. not a big fan of dodge-roll style games and forgot this was one. at least i got it relatively cheap....

I got it on xbox, played trough it on easy for the story, not a bad game, but a bit much back and forward in the same zones, I spent a lot of time trying to get back to my ship or figuring out how to get to a certain location, if you can get past or have a better sence of navigation, it's worth playing.

I just finished it. 38ish hours to complete the story and I did not discover every nook and cranny. The story is not bad - there is a lowest difficulty setting that allows for experiencing the story more than the combat and timing based moves. It won't make the puzzles any easier but will make the boss fights possible with minimal risk.

I played on next above starting difficulty 'cause it made it sound like starting diff was for noobs... eventually I turned it down to starting :D

... and it's possible I did turn it down to story mode for at least one boss encounter but that was more out of frustration I swear. I did beat the final encounter on standard difficulty but it took a few tries. I was determined to win without resorting to lowering again.

but I recommend playthrough on story mode to experience that part of it if the other gets too frustrating. It was pretty damn good IMO.

but I recommend playthrough on story mode to experience that part of it if the other gets too frustrating. It was pretty damn good IMO.
thats why i want to play it, people keep raving about it. maybe ill have to turn it down without tellin anyone...

Reactions: maro
like this
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gets Upgrade For PS5 And Xbox Series X/S

The upgrade is free to those who already own Fallen Order on PS4 or Xbox One, so long as you stick within a console family (so, PS4 to PS5 or Xbox One to Xbox Series X/S)...

https://kotaku.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-gets-upgrade-for-ps5-and-x-1847071643

I'm guessing this doesn't affect the PC version at all...or have they added anything additional for the PC version over the last few months?

Back