Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

I'm waiting for the day we only get phone ports.

1586714265355.jpeg

seriously though, I do not understand how people have time to game on phones. I guess long public transit commutes.

I just fired this up and spent an hour with it and so far I'm very impressed. I just need to get used to the combat (which is good.)

Nah, that "honor" goes to the consoles....

You do realize that most of the games generally considered the "hardest" or "most challenging" come from consoles, yes? The platform has jack to do with it, it's all about appealing to the masses. The wider you want the market to be, the more you have to trim back on advanced mechanics and ideas. A game that is complex and incredibly hard is, generally, not going to have the same appeal as something that is designed to be highly "accessible".

My favorite parts of the patch:
  • Option for button-mashing quick-time events to be skipped
  • Needing to hold the Climb button can now be disabled
  • Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press
  • Text size scaling options have been added
#2 and #3 were just a pain in the ass.

Neat. I'm over half way done with the game (I think), I don't know if I'll put in the time for ng+

Just finished the game last night and I loved it. My only complaint was the back tracking at certain points but overall the game was a ton of fun to play.

I just got bored with the game - at one point, they put too many force-jumps plus rush you with too many soldier who now have non-deflectable blasters!

Even after watching a walk through, I just couldn't do it.

I got a lot further than any previous Jedi game (played for about ten hours) But I knew going into this that eventually I would get tired of third-person combat.

I just got bored with the game - at one point, they put too many force-jumps plus rush you with too many soldier who now have non-deflectable blasters!

Even after watching a walk through, I just couldn't do it.

I got a lot further than any previous Jedi game (played for about ten hours) But I knew going into this that eventually I would get tired of third-person combat.

There are non-deflectable laser blasts? I really didn't notice.

There are non-deflectable laser blasts? I really didn't notice.

The heavy blasters Stormtroopers started carrying in the planet after the Jedi temple. I couldn't figure out a timing to block it, and I didn't see them do it on the video walk-through (they just had perfect timing on dodge, while somehow not managing to roll off the cliff :rolleyes:

Fuck this game. Would have been better if combat were first-person, and climbing third-person.

Climbing was the best part of this game. After the fun of climbing all over the Jedi Temple planet, there was very little side-quest climbing on the next planet.

Really felt like the devs just said "okay, you finished the Jedi Temple , now you're invested," so we're just going to phone the rest in.

Last edited:
The heavy blasters Stormtroopers started carrying in the planet after the Jedi temple. I couldn't figure out a timing to block it, and I didn't see them do it on the video walk-through (they just had perfect timing on dodge, while somehow not managing to roll off the cliff :rolleyes:

Fuck this game. Would have been better if combat were first-person, and climbing third-person.

Climbing was the best part of this game. After the fun of climbing all over the Jedi Temple planet, there was very little side-quest climbing on the next planet.

Really felt like the devs just said "okay, you finished the Jedi Temple , now you're invested," so we're just going to phone the rest in.

climbing? God I hated the climbing, holding buttons was awful.

I googled the heavy storm troopers, you mean the ones with the mini-gun looking blaster? just hold block works fine on them, you don't need to deflect the shot back with timing, just deflect them and get close. Running also works as you can block while running.

Beatiny Heavy Assault Storm Troopers

Also I disagree with your assesment, I think Respawn put a lot of love and attention into this game.

Last edited:
I think this is a helluva game all told but it is indeed tough at times.

I bought this during the last steam sale, and will spin it up once I finish my current games.

Slightly off topic, maybe the success of Fallen Order will make EA or whoever reevaluate the SW franchise in regards to single player games. I would love a good SW RPG like KoTOR or 1st-3rd person shooter like the Jedi Knight games. Of course, in reality, I really want a Mass Effect sized SW game.

The newest patch added a NG+ to the game as well. I'll probably play though this one again in a few months, so that's a welcome addition. Some of those later powers I barely touched since you end up gaining a lot of levels rapidly toward the end.
The main thing I remember is to totally avoid the ability that makes you swap into dual sabers mid-combo. They do basically zero damage to anything that isn't a bottom feeder. That ability actually made some end fights tougher than they should have been. It looks like you're mauling the final bosses, but you're barely even hurting them.

It's nuts that the soundtrack to this game hasn't gotten an official release. This music is outstanding.

Finally playing this game alot of the game is on rails I got The Mantis achievement. Only 11% of people have this achievement so anyone who bought this game never even really played it.

Last edited:
Finally playing this game alot of the game is on rails I got The Mantis achievement. Only 11% of people have this
achievement so anyone who bought this game never even really played it.

And what is the Mantis achievement?

Finally playing this game alot of the game is on rails I got The Mantis achievement. Only 11% of people have this
achievement so anyone who bought this game never even really played it.

They didn't add the achievements to this game until pretty recently. They're retroactive, but only a small fraction of the audience has any achievements at all. I fired it up and it gave me 35 of 'em out of the gate.

It’s nowhere near as good as sekiro, but it’s still pretty good.

Sekiro is basically a 10/10 game in every category.

Sekiro is one of those few modern 3D games that feels like playing a classic arcade game. You can go back to it time and time again. It’s also butter smooth. I can’t say that about this game.

I'd dock Sekiro points for some of the really dumb bosses they ripped out of dark souls. Not fun learning a whole new system of combat and counters just to be chucked into a fight against a Dark Souls boss with no tools to handle them (the F'ing bulls are BS). Tedious, too tedious.

Jedi Fallen Order on the other hand was perfect for what it was, not the hardest, and not the best souls clone, but in paying homage to the Star Wars universe while also expanding on it without really breaking anything, bravo. That in my opinion is a harder task than designing a game.

I've been meaning to pick this back up. I got about 10 hours into it over the summer. Fun game, just ended up being distracted by other stuff.

I preferred Jedi Order to Sekiro, overall. Sekiro was good, but it felt kinda small. I think they planned to extend the length/life of the game via a couple brick-wall bosses that take a lot of practice. I'd also say that I was extremely underwhelmed by the mechanical arm stuff.

The only thing I disliked about Jedi order was the dual lightsaber concept. It basically sucks and does no damage, yet there's no real reason it should.

There is supposed to be a 1.11 update to the game today but I see nothing about an update even mentioned on Steam forums and I have the Origin store version and there is no update.

"The Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Update 1.11 is now available for download, for all platforms" https://games-guides.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-update-1-11-patch-notes/

"EA has sent us the official patch notes via email, which we’ve listed below." https://mp1st.com/news/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-update-1-11-october-13-released-for-fixes

• Fixed Jedi fallen order crashing issues.
  • Addressed players reported glitches.
  • Added AI logic improvements.
  • Fixed framerate drop and freezing issues.
  • Performance and stability improvements.
  • Other minor under the hood fixes

Last edited:
Really wanting to try this game out. Aiming for a deal before jumping in.
I think I grabbed it when it was $20. I tried to play through on a higher difficulty and then settled down to the easiest just to get through it. I am quite happy I did, I really enjoyed the story and cut scenes. Like others have said, the back tracking through missions gets tedious.

I think I grabbed it when it was $20. I tried to play through on a higher difficulty and then settled down to the easiest just to get through it. I am quite happy I did, I really enjoyed the story and cut scenes. Like others have said, the back tracking through missions gets tedious.
I bought this the moment EA titles were back on Steam (it was a long break from buying EA games) and had a real blast with the game. Visually impressive as well. Easily worth $40+ if you're into the universe and combat style. I played on the highest difficulty as I was using it to bridge between Dark Souls III NG/NG+/NG++ playthroughs and Sekiro. This game is a rhythm based combat game a la Sekiro and it eased the transition. Oddly, I had an easier time with the combat system on the higher difficulty except for the final boss battle who whooped me quite a few times before I finally managed to get her moveset down.

I tried playing it on EA play, but the save system is atrocious. Repeating long sequences over and over again just to try to defeat the boss enemy at the end of it is no fun. If you don't have a proper save system in your games at least put freaking checkpoints before more challenging encounters, and AFTER the cutscene, not in front of it.

What an amazing game with wonderful production values. I think my only nitpicks are I didn't feel powerful enough through a good portion of the game, and I highly recommend saving most back tracking for when you have all powers, but once I had everything unlocked and I could platform/combo to my heart's content, it was just masterful. Hope everyone jumps on this anytime it's on sale. Last level is just jaw dropping for reasons I won't divulge.

Did they ever fix the issues with parrying at high framerate on the PC? That killed it for me - I ended up getting it on the PS4 and had a way better time.

Did they ever fix the issues with parrying at high framerate on the PC? That killed it for me - I ended up getting it on the PS4 and had a way better time.
why wouldnt you just cap your fps to 60, like the ps4 is?

why wouldnt you just cap your fps to 60, like the ps4 is?
Because I shouldn't have to do that in the first place, I don't buy games on PC to run a 60 FPS cap. The game allowed uncapped framerate and it didn't work right with that option, that is a failure on the developer's part. Also, I think the PS4 is actually between 30-60 FPS depending on your model and what mode.

Back