Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

I had to switch to a controller one it for just tje ease of mixing in force powers. I got about half way through the game and got side tracked by Borderlands 3. Will go back to it as soon as BL3 annoys me enough

Really enjoyed Dathomir, just a cool environment, level design and characters. Again I pussied out to Story Mode a few times because I want to complete the game before end of the month so I can cancel my Origin Premier account.

just landed on Ilum so I assume I am getting close to the end.

Dathomir, the Nightsisters and all of Darth Maul's people in general are in the animated Clone Wars series. I recommend checking those episodes out if you're interested in the lore.

The place you're at now also appears in Clone Wars. Interesting in seeing these deep cuts into the lore of Star Wars.

The only real option on PC is to limit your framerate to 30 or 60 FPS. The parry window on PS4 at 30 FPS is good, except for the input lag which kind of kills the ability to actually pull off a parry most of the time.

Locking it to 60FPS/1440P/Ultra/kb+mouse on my main PC helped overall. Finished it on Jedi Knight in 23.5 hours 95%,and felt it was fairly challenging overall,and yes,Parry seemed a waste half the time I used it.Hope they improve Parry for the sequel or mission pack that's coming. Overall a 8/10 for me, great graphics,interesting story,liked the musical score, definitely worth a buy.

I still have to play this game it's in my pipeline spent about a 1/2 hour on it only.

One of only a handful of games I've ever bought at launch, and I don't regret it. Just finished the story this morning and it was excellent. Plenty of things to tweak for the next one as they search for the next holocron. :)
Could see them aim for co-op on the next, but I am so glad they made a great 1p game again. Hopefully it makes enough money to warrant more.

One of only a handful of games I've ever bought at launch, and I don't regret it. Just finished the story this morning and it was excellent. Plenty of things to tweak for the next one as they search for the next holocron. :)
Could see them aim for co-op on the next, but I am so glad they made a great 1p game again. Hopefully it makes enough money to warrant more.

I beat the story last night and agree, what a great game experience. I clocked 19 hours for main story and 79% world completion. May go back and poke around a bit more but I am satisfied. I ended up paying for two months of Origin Access Premier ($40CAD) and played a few other EA games as well like NFS Heat. I canceled my sub as there's nothing else on there I want to play, so in theory I saved $40 over the $80CAD purchase price (I never go back and replay games, no time).

Can't wait for a sequel, hoping they sold lots of copies. Refreshing highly polished single player game experience for sure.

I was very disappointed in this game. Very linear, poor story, pointless gear upgrades. One dimensional...

I was very disappointed in this game. Very linear, poor story, pointless gear upgrades. One dimensional...

It was a great break from all the sandbox games that are oversized and repetitive. I really enjoyed this one as a pick-up and play when I can and not get completely overloaded with all side quests and long distances list most games nowadays. Now don't get me wrong, I get extremely turned around and have a lot of trouble navigating around the maps, but it is kind of cool there is no travel.

the game is still $59.99?...I thought it would have dropped a bit by now especially considering all the bugs...but I guess it was a hit with players and critics so it takes longer to drop in price

It was a great break from all the sandbox games that are oversized and repetitive. I really enjoyed this one as a pick-up and play when I can and not get completely overloaded with all side quests and long distances list most games nowadays. Now don't get me wrong, I get extremely turned around and have a lot of trouble navigating around the maps, but it is kind of cool there is no travel.

Exactly how I felt about it. I don't get much time to game, and most sessions are maybe an hour, so it was great to pick this up and play a somewhat guided experience that was really polished and executed well. I thought the story was decent and most importnatly it was fun.

the game is still $59.99?...I thought it would have dropped a bit by now especially considering all the bugs...but I guess it was a hit with players and critics so it takes longer to drop in price

If you only care about playing through once (as I did) you can do a month of Origin Access Premier ($15USD I believe). The main story is only 20ish hours so you can get through it in a month.

If you only care about playing through once (as I did) you can do a month of Origin Access Premier ($15USD I believe). The main story is only 20ish hours so you can get through it in a month.

so not worth a re-play?

What is?

It's not KOTOR, so maybe replay in a decade or so, I'd expect.

I've re-played all of the Arkham games, Tomb Raider reboots a few times over the years...and of course the GOTY Dark Souls series...so a game doesn't necessarily need to be an RPG to be re-playable

so not worth a re-play?

There's value in replaying on harder difficulties I guess, but if you explore a bit you end up maxing out your abilities toward the later 1/3rd of the game and there isn't dialog/story branching like you'd find in an RPG.

Personally, I never replay games due to limited time so I am actually a bit of a fan of stuff like Game Pass, Origin Premier etc. under promo pricing.

decided to finally bite on this game...I had some Best Buy credit so I got the game for $39.99

It's been on sale a few times, I bought it awhile back on PS4 for like ~$35 on Amazon.

Yeah it's coming down in price now, i can snag for bout 30 bucks. I still can't decide if I get this on PS4 or PC. Dang it!

Yeah it's coming down in price now, i can snag for bout 30 bucks. I still can't decide if I get this on PS4 or PC. Dang it!
Controller pretty much required. So if that makes a difference...otherwise it runs flawless on pc. I played it on my htpc and very much enjoyed it.

thanks for the info about the drop in price...I bought it last week for $39.99 but I see it dropped in price so I got a price match and now paid $34.99...with this game I wanted to pay ~$30 but I'm happy with $35

Controller pretty much required. So if that makes a difference...otherwise it runs flawless on pc. I played it on my htpc and very much enjoyed it.

I dont know if I'd say a controller is required. I've been playing with mouse and kb and I've had zero issues. Play with what you're comfortable with.

I dont know if I'd say a controller is required. I've been playing with mouse and kb and I've had zero issues. Play with what you're comfortable with.

outside of racing games I've never played any game on PC where a controller is 'required'...people need to learn how to remap keys...once you do that kb/m is always the preferred way to play

thanks for the info about the drop in price...I bought it last week for $39.99 but I see it dropped in price so I got a price match and now paid $34.99...with this game I wanted to pay ~$30 but I'm happy with $35
Yeah I just bought this on a website for 29 bucks. About an hour in using mouse and keyboard, a bit challenging and still tweaking, but doable for now. I have to figure out what to key for the force powers. Other than that, not bad. Being a Jedi Outcast fan, the feel of Fallen Order is differerent, and more of a tomb raider feel....at least in the first hour with all the jumping climbing.

It runs ok on my specs at 1440p, but with some studders at points. I may turn something down and tweak, but pretty suprised it's running this well on EPIC.

Either way it's good. I don't plan on using a controller so the keyboard has to work!

glad i did not buy this game. nothing but frustation can not kill a bug. you attack and he stands there to get he"s ass kicked. will not move. piss on this and the main character is ugly too.

glad i did not buy this game. nothing but frustation can not kill a bug. you attack and he stands there to get he"s ass kicked. will not move. piss on this and the main character is ugly too.
Your warezed copy is bugged? Such a shame ;).

This game is the perfect love letter to the Orig Trig.

If you think this game is hard, maybe steer well clear of the souls genre.

otherwise,
1586627045578.jpeg

struck

Last edited:
Could be using a friend's account or was gifted. But yes, some of the bosses (the final one) was a bit hard mainly because of the inherent clunkiness and the awkward parry mechanic being tied to frame rate.

Could be using a friend's account or was gifted. But yes, some of the bosses (the final one) was a bit hard mainly because of the inherent clunkiness and the awkward parry mechanic being tied to frame rate.

This is precisely why I had to play it on a lower difficulty setting. I wasn't about to reduce my frame rates.

Back