Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Just picked it up for $4 on the the steam sale, will give it a go once I’m done with RE4.
I just did the same... can't pass that up for 4 bucks. Looks decent for the sale price.

I never finished this - controls were too clunky (third person game so played with a controller) and especially trying to catch vines and stuff all the time, it was too fickle

Frustrating enough I stopped playing - but still have it installed maybe I'll go back to it (still haven't started Horizon Zero Dawn that I picked up and plan to play next whenever) - rest of the game is good looking/fun enough - and I like playing Barbie Dreamhouse Jedi with all the cosmetics you get/find lol

I only spent $6 of Steam card money myself on it so no biggie if not

I had no intention of ever getting this game and I don't expect much but for $4 I'll give it a shot.

The 2 KOTOR games are some of my all time favorites but the only other SW game I've ever really cared for was the episode 1 pod racer game. I did think that bounty hunter one that was canceled sounded interesting but it must have been pretty rough for them to cancel it partway through production.

I had no intention of ever getting this game and I don't expect much but for $4 I'll give it a shot.

The 2 KOTOR games are some of my all time favorites but the only other SW game I've ever really cared for was the episode 1 pod racer game. I did think that bounty hunter one that was canceled sounded interesting but it must have been pretty rough for them to cancel it partway through production.

It's a better version of the Kenobi show.

I'm not into Star Wars that much otherwise I probably wouldn't have put it down, but even with that explained above it's a good looking/good playing/good story game otherwise.

Just might struggle with controls being clunky/too finicky at parts (but admittedly could be cause I was using a controller, along with a bit of git gud)

Booted it up just to get some initial impressions, seems pretty awesome so far, loving the combat, story has me interested early on, controls feel great using a pad, and camera controls feel particularly good. I'm getting some pretty nasty performance issues on my laptop however, haven't tried it on the desktop yet, it's mostly around fog and haven't seen the numbers but some significant stuttering and framerate drops for sure. Only thing gameplay-wise I'm not a fan of so far is the climbing, it's really weird you have to hold a button (L2) to hang on too. I'm thinking especially for only $4 this one will be a total banger, just hope I can tweak out some performance issues.

Also, is the protag the dude from the American version of Shameless? Sounds like him too lol.

Just finished with a 2nd playthrough.only had it stutter a couple times during gameplay(once or twice in cutscenes). Only time the stutter effected gameplay was when windows decided to run updates(insomnia). Still found it a blast to play.

Like most of you I do wish fast travel was a thing, feels like they could have added it to the meditation spots. I'd like to use dual lightsabers all the time and not as a force used attack, may look and see if there is a mod for that.

Booted it up just to get some initial impressions, seems pretty awesome so far, loving the combat, story has me interested early on, controls feel great using a pad, and camera controls feel particularly good. I'm getting some pretty nasty performance issues on my laptop however, haven't tried it on the desktop yet, it's mostly around fog and haven't seen the numbers but some significant stuttering and framerate drops for sure. Only thing gameplay-wise I'm not a fan of so far is the climbing, it's really weird you have to hold a button (L2) to hang on too. I'm thinking especially for only $4 this one will be a total banger, just hope I can tweak out some performance issues.

Also, is the protag the dude from the American version of Shameless? Sounds like him too lol.

The game has had some stuttering issues from the get go for a lot of people. I'm doing a replay of it now and keep getting the occasional, what I assume to be, frame time spikes causing noticeable stutter from time to time.

For the climbing annoyance, there is a setting in the menu so Cal will just auto-cling to claimable surfaces.

Yep, that's Cameron Monaghan. He was in Shameless and also had a great role in the show Gotham.

Finished my replay yesterday. I forgot just how well told the story is and just how good most of the planets are. Excited to see how Jedi Survivor turns out.

Not game related, but I've been reading the book that takes place between Fallen Order and Survivor, so far a good read and worth checking out if you need something to hold you over until Survivor comes out
518SzbNiSKL (1).jpg

Not game related, but I've been reading the book that takes place between Fallen Order and Survivor, so far a good read and worth checking out if you need something to hold you over until Survivor comes out

too bad it's not available for free...I would have liked to have read it

I need to start my re-play this week to get ready for the sequel (April 28)...Jedi: Survivor takes place 5 years after the events of Fallen Order

almost finished with my re-play of Fallen Order...game looks really impressive at 1440p upscaled to 4K using DSR...an underrated part of the game is the voice acting...excellent job by the voice cast- Greez (Daniel Roebuck), Malicos (Liam McIntyre), Jaro Tapal (Travis Willingham), Cere (Debra Wilson) etc

the story is excellent...Cal's journey from the beginning of the game to his becoming a Jedi at the end was really well done...for my re-play I actually got 100% exploration of all the planets along with all the chests and secrets

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 5.png
    5.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 6.png
    6.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 7.png
    7.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 8.png
    8.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
How have none of you mouth breathers told me how good this game is? I have no idea during which sale I bought this game years ago but I just started it today. Absolutely having a blast playing so far. I will definitely pick up Star Wars Jedi: Survivor next.

Back