Star Wars Galaxies finally dying

I was on Gorath in SWG and it was my first and MOST fun MMO. Wish SOE could have had the gumption to realize what they had and done something about it.

What started the downslide of SWG for me was the introduction of the holocons and the Jedi grind that they prompted, and this started about ~6 months after release. What the Jedi grind did was cause most of the heavy users that were the backbone of the player economy, to dump their master level weaponsmith/armorsmith/etc and start grinding through another profession only to dump that and go on to the next. The stability of the economy and overall world really went into the toilet.

The game world didn't feel very Star Warsy, but when you logged on you definitely felt as though were going *somewhere*. Every other MMO I've played since feels more like a content dispenser with skin and UI over top. I just popped back on to my old server last week and I can still see remnants and ruins of player cities that I helped create almost 8 years ago. Feels like a twilight zone episode or something, where 1000 years have passed.

Bring back Creature Handler and I'd be all over it. Hopefully (if they are making a sequel/new one) this will be an option!

Back