Star Wars Galaxies changing "BIG TIME"

Yet despite all their failures, SOE entertainment has zero clue and they continue to dumb down the game to ultra retarded levels. You can bet this is a precurser to it being released on the xbox360. Glad I only bought 1 expansion for 1 account. I'm done with the shady practices of this organization.

They should just put out SWG 2 or something, and roll it back to the way it was supposed to be before the Combat Downgrade.

Simply put, they were destroying the game a piece at a time over the past few years....

Now they are just going for the whole damn thing in one shot.

Being a long time player of the game (now former) and reading the "changes" I can say that they better hope new people start playing it, cause I doubt any veterans will stay long.
They will destroy the economy be removing item decay. They will let anybody be a Jedi from the start now, negating the months / years people put into characters.....

Oh well....

Well, liek I have said before, I had 4 accounts, a Jedi unlocked, and then came the Jedi Revamp(or Jedi Nuetering as it were), the Combat Downgrade, and I quit the game.

If they had spent the time fixing problems instead of trying to rush JtLS out the door before WoW hit and listened to the community things might have been different. Instead they tried to redo the game based on the monetary aspect, and they lost on both ends.

It's going by the way of Ultima Online...

Except SWG was broken from the start.. UO was perfect before EA raped it.

SWG is going through the same type of transformation UO did... All it does is force the veteran players out (or to ebay their holding) and hope to entice new players for at least another 1-2 years of longivity....

I will not say SWG is dying, cause put the Star Wars name on anything, and some idiot will buy it. (some goes for Final Fantasy......) But SWG is feeling the hurt of games like WoW... so now it's trying to pretend to be.... just like WoW!

Pick from 9 Professions and go.. no diversity.... sadness....

Captain Al said:
I will not say SWG is dying, cause put the Star Wars name on anything, and some idiot will buy it. (some goes for Final Fantasy......) ....

This is true *hisses at his Crystal Chronicals*

Wow, retards... more people are going to quit.

I came back last month, after not playing for almost a year and it was TOTALLY different and TOTALLY..... lame. Totally.

The game was fun before all this Jedi/Combat business. (like in 2004) I remember killing tons of ppl as bh, want to know why it was so easy? No jedi! Faster attacks! the game was great! Then people started unlocking and then the bitching and whining came along and now we have this.

This games gonna change so radically that it's force vets' like me away for a long time.

Komataguri said:
This is true *hisses at his Crystal Chronicals*

Come on, besides attempting to tack itself on the popularity of FF, what did this game do to you? In regards to SWG, I looked at it when it came out, saying to myself that I'd look into it once the kinks had been worked out to the benefit of players everywhere. Unfortunantly, it seems like it has gone downhill do to being a flawed design to begin with.

They really can't make the game worse. Administration of Active Directory Windows 2003 Servers with DNS problems is far more rewarding and entertaining than that wretched piece of shit.

Bought it and played it when it first came out. I really really tried to like it. hey! It was star wars!

Couldn't pay for a single month of it. For me, it was that bad. This little thing they're doing? Yeah, that's nothing I'm going to subscribe to. I

Curious now, but it definetly looks like they are dumbing the game down. As the first CU was basically dumbing it down to about the same level as WoW's combat system. While' I admit the first combat system was very very complex, it had its pros and cons, but at least it was different.

I am curious to see the new combat changes though, I might resubscribe a month to test them out.

Boy if I wanted a simple game like this is heading towards being, I would have signed up for one in the form of an action RPG on the consoles or something. I enjoy the complication of it all.

I guess I have three simple words for SOE: Done and Done. I'll think reallllll hard, twice before I ever cough up any more cash to them too. I've played since the first day, and seen all the changes come up and screw the game up, took longs breaks in between the combat upgrade, only to come back and relearn everything and start to enjoy the changes.

Then they F'd the group xp change that they said they changed to make grouping more fun.

Then they changed the root and snare system I had come to use and rely on that I built a character around and enjoyed playing.

Now, dumbing it down to the point where you just pick a character and go. My sub runs out in about 4 months, so I'll log in and check it out with one of my NINE respecs, but after that, sayonara.

Letting jedi be starting characters, while what every player more than likely wants, is a bad idea precisely because of that.

blah.

Luxor said:
Wow, retards... more people are going to quit.

I came back last month, after not playing for almost a year and it was TOTALLY different and TOTALLY..... lame. Totally.
Yeah me too, i had swg when it came out it was awesome i quite about a year later because my friends did too, but i recently got it again it was alright (it is now cancled i only paid for one month, this swg can never compare), i dont know how they could call it more fun now, old pvp was awesome, this lvl crap is gay, the old system you never knew what to expect out of ppl thats why it was fun, classes were actually cool and each had its own traits that did not cross to other classes that made each class awesome, i still miss old master combat medic, :( that was pvp, one cm could drop a group of 15 guys in about 5 seconds, lol i learned what i meant to be the first to be picked off since i was the mcm, i always died first.

Pre-CU PVP = Win.

I played on Corbantis, and had alot of fun PVPing before the game turned to total shit (making all my weapons, armor, everything useless). I just gave my Jetpack and stuff away.... wasnt even worth re-learning.

No doubt Skin, PvP was a blast before the CU. My main PvP character was a CM/Doctor, and while I wasn't the huge damage dealer it was always a blast to keep the other side occupied w/ poisons/diseases while keeping my guys clear and healed up. So many fun nights where we'd make 3/4 attempts to get a base somewhere in the galaxy.

Bloodfin PvP was awesome. Then Lionheart and the clueless devs had to go ruin the game because they were scared of WoW.

Nasty_Savage said:
Yet despite all their failures, SOE entertainment has zero clue and they continue to dumb down the game to ultra retarded levels. You can bet this is a precurser to it being released on the xbox360. Glad I only bought 1 expansion for 1 account. I'm done with the shady practices of this organization.

Talk about dumb...

jtsnewo4 said:
No doubt Skin, PvP was a blast before the CU. My main PvP character was a CM/Doctor, and while I wasn't the huge damage dealer it was always a blast to keep the other side occupied w/ poisons/diseases while keeping my guys clear and healed up. So many fun nights where we'd make 3/4 attempts to get a base somewhere in the galaxy.

Bloodfin PvP was awesome. Then Lionheart and the clueless devs had to go ruin the game because they were scared of WoW.

That crappiness started when they nerfed the bleeds. I had a chance as a Swordsman at least back in the day that you would bleed unconcious and I can smash your skull in before you knocked me dizzy or incapped me. It was all down hill from there...

Yeah, they're just taking the uniqueness out of it. But I believe Lucas Arts is the ones sort of pulling the strings on this now, not entirely SOE. If they are so bent on doing this at least they should give us the option to refund our money for the expansion they released PRIOR to this anouncement, and refund the money that's tied in extended month plans. Lets see how willing they are to implement this change then...

Yeah, there were several people in my guild that had their builds completely nerfed when that crap started.

Game still fucking sucks. To little, to late Sony, you aint getting my money.

Still can't believe I bought the collectors edition of that game, I wanna piss on it now....

Yeah it's a damned shame..back to Anarchy Online (best game evar!!) haha :cool:

Why are so mayn people blatently against this?

I for one got excited when I read about no auto-aim and no turn-based combat, but now actual CONTROL in your hands. (doesn't mean it still won't be an rpg...)

If it turns out to play like a jedi knight game or such, that would kick serious amounts of ass imo.

Stiler said:

I for one got excited when I read about no auto-aim and no turn-based combat, but now actual CONTROL in your hands. (doesn't mean it still won't be an rpg...)

If it turns out to play like a jedi knight game or such, that would kick serious amounts of ass imo.

Then its not a MMORPG anymore. and thus, whats the fucking point?

Seriously, if I wanna go swinging around a lightsaber for no reason, i'll go load up Jedi Knight or something.

Stiler said:

Wait..they're turning it into a game that actually takes skill?

RailGunRiz said:
Wait..they're turning it into a game that actually takes skill?

Na just requires a small programming change for combat botting. :D

I didn't play the retail version so I have no business talking but I do have a question. I was a beta tester and the 1 thing that blew my mind was there were these terminals that gave out quests instead of NPC's. I assumed they were placeholders in the beta to test quests but when it went live they were STILL there! I was shocked at how lazy the developers were to not put in any real content.

Anyway, my question is, are the terminals still there or have they added real content/storylines??

Just curious

P.S. I don't think it's actually SOE per se as much as the design team that is at fault. I do play EQ2 and it has been getting much better with each patch. Of course there is content galore as well.

IceWind said:
Then its not a MMORPG anymore. and thus, whats the fucking point?

Seriously, if I wanna go swinging around a lightsaber for no reason, i'll go load up Jedi Knight or something.

How's it not an rpg? RPG'S are not defined by their combat!

What's the point? Hmm, perhaps FUN is the point? When people think of "star wars," even kotor got it a lot better, they don't picture a guy just sitting there firing lasers back and fourth at a small rat or some such, they expect action and lots of it, which isn't very fitting how it currently used to be in swg.

I'm against it because they are taking away the breadth of the game, and also, in leaps and bounds, the depth.

Stiler said:
How's it not an rpg? RPG'S are not defined by their combat!

What's the point? Hmm, perhaps FUN is the point? When people think of "star wars," even kotor got it a lot better, they don't picture a guy just sitting there firing lasers back and fourth at a small rat or some such, they expect action and lots of it, which isn't very fitting how it currently used to be in swg.

I'm gonna agree here, current mmorpg's are turn based snore fests. It's good that they're trying to make the game more involving. I'm very excited abou this and will probably re-up for a month to check it out once it goes live.

The people who like the current style of mmorpgs are not the target audience here. The current fans of the game are not enough to keep it afloat. There an untapped market for people who want an action based involving RPG. The people working on DDO and Oblivion realise this as well, which is why their games went the action route.

I was one of the lucky (if you wanna call it that) people who got into the beta at an early stage. I knew the game would suck all the way back at beta phase 2. Know why? Because the devs hardly listened to any of our input. They had their vision of the game and nothing we could say would change it. Needless to say when they beta ended, so did my playing. There was no way they were ever getting a cent of my money for that garbage game.

You are aware that lucasarts has taken over the game and that's the primary reason for a lot of these big changes right?

SOE no longer is really at the helm of the game so to speak in terms of creative liscense, etc.

Stiler said:
You are aware that lucasarts has taken over the game and that's the primary reason for a lot of these big changes right?

SOE no longer is really at the helm of the game so to speak in terms of creative liscense, etc.

SOE was bad and Lucasarts is even worse.. The least talented studio out there.. Whats the last game you have played from lucasarts that didn't suck total balls.

Wow, I feel sorry for those playing Galaxies. I just read that post by SOE and it blew my mind how dumbed down and flat out retarded they're going to make the game. I mean, just from the wording in the post you can tell that it was written for a 10-year old.

Looks like they are trying to make the game fun. Which they shouldve been doing in the first place and I think its a little too late now. If they want to do something like this they should make a SWG2.

btw: Elder Jedi=LOL

Wrench00 said:
SOE was bad and Lucasarts is even worse.. The least talented studio out there.. Whats the last game you have played from lucasarts that didn't suck total balls.

I thought republic commando was good.

I used to play SWG and I always thought its biggest short coming was a lack of content. The combat system, crafting & etcc. seemed pretty decent however there was not really any quests that were interesting or rewarding. There also was a big lack of cool "dungeons", the few that were around seemed lame and were all non-instance. So in summary I think they have been focusing on the wrong stuff in order to make this a good game.

Back