Star Wars Fans Furious JarJar Abrams Gave Role to Dominic Monaghan Over a Soccer Bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Twitter outrage BS. People, for some reason, assume Monaghan's role happened in place of Rose. Even though the writer explained why Rose wasn't in the movie much and Monaghan's own story makes it clear that the character was already written. If he didn't get the role someone else would have and it still wouldn't have come at the cost of Trans' role in the movie because those two are not connected.

They really did screw over Rose, the character and the actress as well. After the amount of BS she had to deal with on social media, and then this. I feel bad for her.

They really did screw over Rose, the character and the actress as well. After the amount of BS she had to deal with on social media, and then this. I feel bad for her.

I didn't really like the character in TLJ but what Terro said about their plans for her in Skywalker sounded interesting.

I didn't really like the character in TLJ but what Terro said about their plans for her in Skywalker sounded interesting.

Even if they wanted to diminish her character in ROS somewhat...she literally got less lines and screen time than most of the other bit characters in the movie.

Even if they wanted to diminish her character in ROS somewhat...she literally got less lines and screen time than most of the other bit characters in the movie.

Read the article. Their plan was to have Rose work with Leia in the movie and have a more prominent role but those scenes had to be cut because the effects didn't meet standards. Since effects are basically the last things finished for movies they likely didn't realize it wouldn't work out in time to write and film new scenes for Rose.

I'm loving people getting bent out of shape about Rose. Literally the most worthless character who didn't belong in TLJ.....completely worthless and added nothing...infact probably got people killed.

Read the article. Their plan was to have Rose work with Leia in the movie and have a more prominent role but those scenes had to be cut because the effects didn't meet standards. Since effects are basically the last things finished for movies they likely didn't realize it wouldn't work out in time to write and film new scenes for Rose.

I read it but I don't really think that excuses it. If any of that is even true, I am not entirely sure why they had her tied in so closely with Leia when the characters had virtually no interaction prior, and she wasn't even at the base the entire time in the movie - she just wasn't really given anything to do.

I read it but I don't really think that excuses it. If any of that is even true, I am not entirely sure why they had her tied in so closely with Leia when the characters had virtually no interaction prior, and she wasn't even at the base the entire time in the movie - she just wasn't really given anything to do.

Dude, the information comes straight from the writer of the movie. Why are you trying to cast doubt on it being true?

Did she though ?

I never saw any evidence that she had to deal with any BS. I don't doubt that perhaps a handful of jerks msged jerky things to her... but that is just the internet. There was lots of dislike some of it strongly worded about the character but never toward the actor. There would have been a lot less hate toward the character if Rosa actually did anything of importance in TLJ. Its the same BS they tried to pull with the Finn character... then call people names cause they thought the writing was crap.

Finn and Rose where both great ideas that brought something new to the SW... and both where handled TERRIBLY. Mostly because of the BS run around and do nothing mission they got to go on together in TLJ. 1 hour of watching them get arrested for a parking ticket... all so they could meet space Fenster so he could tell them and then show them that the idea of Good and Bad guys is stupid, everyone sucks the universe sucks and SW is a childs movie. It was offensive. Mainly cause the idea of a storm trooper changing sides and coming to terms with being one of the bad guys was interesting. It was also interesting to take a Redshirt and say hey all this good guy stuff isn't just a few predestined chosen hero types... being a hero is a choice. It could have been great... but Rian squandred the promise of Finn, and destoryed what he was trying to do with Rose with her silly love not hate speech when a Heroic Finn sacrifice might have actually be the better choice. At least he would have had an arch and JJ wouldn't have had to basically turn him back into the fish out of water running around yelling what what what they fly now in the follow up.

Anyway rant over... I do feel for Kelly M Tran though. Must suck to shoot a bunch of stuff expecting to be in one of the biggest movies of all time then realizing you where cut down to a couple seconds. That has to sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back