Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

Don't understand why people are crapping on this game, it's a blast!

1. It's extremely shallow, the gameplay was built with 0 depth to it, evident especially from the flying mechanics not enabling you to actually FULLY control the bloody things, making things like "Barrel rolls and loops" cooldown based abilities instead of you know.......letting you actually do them yourself like any flight sim has done for decades. The differences in unlocks and the limited visual customization is tiny compared to BF or other modern fps games.

2. Extremely limited maps focused on ground, no space maps (It's bloody STAR WARS ffs).

3. Gameplay gets super repetitive super quick. Basically rush-mode, nothing seems different in it compared to a bare-bones BF experience.

4. Heroes based on "power ups" on a cool-down, makes it hard to get outside of the hero-mode. Would have been 100x better being a random player at each round of the match so heroes are both seen more often and players have more of a chance.

5. Lack of heroes period, where's Yoda? Chewie? Obi-wan?

1. It's extremely shallow, the gameplay was built with 0 depth to it, evident especially from the flying mechanics not enabling you to actually FULLY control the bloody things, making things like "Barrel rolls and loops" cooldown based abilities instead of you know.......letting you actually do them yourself like any flight sim has done for decades. The differences in unlocks and the limited visual customization is tiny compared to BF or other modern fps games.

2. Extremely limited maps focused on ground, no space maps (It's bloody STAR WARS ffs).

3. Gameplay gets super repetitive super quick. Basically rush-mode, nothing seems different in it compared to a bare-bones BF experience.

4. Heroes based on "power ups" on a cool-down, makes it hard to get outside of the hero-mode. Would have been 100x better being a random player at each round of the match so heroes are both seen more often and players have more of a chance.

5. Lack of heroes period, where's Yoda? Chewie? Obi-wan?

I don't know. Battlefield is Dices bread and butter, so I would expect similar concepts in any other multiplayer game they release. I mean why not?
They've won multiple awards for their multiplayer concepts. So why stop there?

I agree the games get repetitive and there isn't much depth. This DLC definitely reduces the hole they dug up, but not entirely. From the looks of it, if all the DLCs have equivalent content added in, it would be pretty vast game. But only after the next 3 dlcs come in to play.

However, for what this game offers now and for new players, it's really not that bad IMO.

Got a better looking Star Wars game than this? I don't think so.

I buy action movies for the action, not for the acting or the story. I don't expect anyone to buy this game for story or anything else with RPG elements in play.
Why add a story when we've already received countless books, comics, mini series cartoons,the movies etc with Star Wars...
when in reality we just want to blow shit up with an ATAT?
lol

As for the end game stuff at level 50(Now 60 with DLC)
It's indeed pointless to keep going IF this is what you're looking for.(Gear/level progression)

But for what the game is, it's no worse than your typical Call of Duty game. Atleast there is air vehicles and the maps are put together pretty well.

I will also say...

Since everyone bitched about certain weapons needing a debuff, the game modes tend to be overall slower in terms of flow.

This adds a much better experience I think. More objectives are completed now and less spamming involved too.

I don't know. Battlefield is Dices bread and butter, so I would expect similar concepts in any other multiplayer game they release. I mean why not?
They've won multiple awards for their multiplayer concepts. So why stop there?

I agree the games get repetitive and there isn't much depth. This DLC definitely reduces the hole they dug up, but not entirely. From the looks of it, if all the DLCs have equivalent content added in, it would be pretty vast game. But only after the next 3 dlcs come in to play.

However, for what this game offers now and for new players, it's really not that bad IMO.

Got a better looking Star Wars game than this? I don't think so.

I buy action movies for the action, not for the acting or the story. I don't expect anyone to buy this game for story or anything else with RPG elements in play.
Why add a story when we've already received countless books, comics, mini series cartoons,the movies etc with Star Wars...
when in reality we just want to blow shit up with an ATAT?
lol

As for the end game stuff at level 50(Now 60 with DLC)
It's indeed pointless to keep going IF this is what you're looking for.(Gear/level progression)

But for what the game is, it's no worse than your typical Call of Duty game. Atleast there is air vehicles and the maps are put together pretty well.

I will also say...

Since everyone bitched about certain weapons needing a debuff, the game modes tend to be overall slower in terms of flow.

This adds a much better experience I think. More objectives are completed now and less spamming involved too.

I'm not talking about it being shallow because there's not a ton of "unlockables" or some rpg-progression, it's shallow in terms of it's complexity and depth of gameplay elements.

The flying? No where near as fun as X-wing vs Tie Fighter, heck it's not even as good as Rogue Squadron games. Melee combat? Again, can't even compared to Jedi Knight in depth. FPS? It's a very basic feeling fps game, no w here near the refinement or depth of games like say, Red Orchestra 2, in terms of skill or depth to the mechanics.

Everything plays like a very "safe" game made for people who don't want to think or learn or develop a skill with the things they use.

This mediocre turd is no worse than this other recycled mediocre turd. Not sure how that is anything but an indictment on how poorly conceived and executed this game was. Ultimately the proof is in the numbers, and with peak player counts of less than 7000 users 5 months after release, it is an abysmal failure.

This mediocre turd is no worse than this other recycled mediocre turd. Not sure how that is anything but an indictment on how poorly conceived and executed this game was. Ultimately the proof is in the numbers, and with peak player counts of less than 7000 users 5 months after release, it is an abysmal failure.
honestly might as well go back to SW:TOR if it's a star wars fix you are seeking. gotta agree on this games numbers though, it can't be spectacular by any means if this is the # of players on a title this huge mere months after it's launch.

imo i think its probably users are going where the community is.. I looked up the stats and PC @ 5k, Xbox One is 15k and PS4 an amazing 35k (and this is off hours)

so to say it doesn't have a community isn't exactly truthful.. the community is all just on the PS4 . that is where I bought my family's..

the question I would ask is not is SWBF good enough.. its more of why didn't it attract the PC market (maybe its server browser, maybe its bad word of mouth about not having a server browser, maybe users just like this type of game on consoles)..
maybe it was because the PS4 did a star wars bundle..

just an FYI though-- if you love the game and have a PS4.. I have had zero issues finding games to play at all times of the day.. even at 5:30am I am finding near full matches to join..

The game for me felt repetitive pretty quickly. I downloaded the update yesterday and after a while it got stale again. I actually have had much more fun playing PVZ:GW2 and finishing the daily quests.

for those on the fence that enjoy the game and haven't purchased yet - hows the new content?

I havent touched this game since christmas break. But my son loves it, he plays it more since my nephew (his cousin) has it now on the xb1. Its geared towards the casuals. Lets just be honest. So.. Yes its very watered down.
Hell, Hardline has more content and depth than this game..

I thought what the hell, haven't played it in two months. Baby was cranky... 9PM on a friday night. Nothing!

Untitled.png

yea looking at the numbers PC right now is 3k, xbox is 25k and the ps4 is 35k.. just got get the PS4 version, that is where the community is.

Lol. Wow. I still usually have to wait to play on my fav Dedicated BF4 server. GG ea. Way to perfect the cash grab. You can see how they are improving their technique.

Last edited:
Lol. Wow. I still usually have to wait to play on my fav Dedicated BF4 server. GG ea. Way to perfect the cash grab. You can see how they are improving their technique.

That doesn't make any sense. How can you call it a cash grab just because pc players haven't built a community for the game?

If anything this is bad news for anything like battlefront coming out on pc in the future

The fact that they are still actively supporting the game is a clear contradiction to being a cash grab.

A cash grab would be selling without supporting. They can't make of players play

It's a cash grab because they made bank off of the initial hype of the Star Wars brand, as well as the new movie being released, while giving the players basically NONE of what they actually wanted. Talk of a new Battlefront game had been going for months, if not years before the announcement of this game...any intern at EA could have taken an hour or two on forums and see what the fans actually wanted, and yet they implemented basically none of that (dedicated servers, space battles, squad system, AI battles, etc.) They even had the older titles as a template and basically just shat all over that. This was just laziness and/or apathy.

My guess is that most of the content coming out on the PC was either already completed at launch or close to it. I can't see it making financial sense for them to keep adding to this game on PC other than their obligation to Season Pass holders. Once that period lapses I bet this game dies for good.

It's sad because while a lot of people complain about graphics in games, this one was amazing in that department. Unfortunately, it just fell short in basically every other regard.

Thanks mav. That is what I meant. They made a crappy, shallow game and made the money before people realized it. Maybe they will eventually fix it ala BF4. I just doubt it. Too late anyway.

EA is on a rip when it comes to failing MP games on PC....Titanfail, Hardflop and now Battlefront. None of them lasted longer than 6 months. Maybe people are finally starting to finally see these games for what they are, quick cash ins.

ny intern at EA could have taken an hour or two on forums and see what the fans actually wanted, and yet they implemented basically none of that (dedicated servers, space battles, squad system, AI battles, etc.) They even had the older titles as a template and basically just shat all over that. This was just laziness and/or apathy.

I think you are giving EA too much of the benefit of the doubt, I don't think its laziness....more a very deliberate modus operandi to casualise games whilst aiming to maximise monetisation of content by delivering a shell of a base game. EA knows exactly what it needs to do to deliver a game which encourages community and longevity, it just doesn't want to make those types of games anymore because it means handing control back to the community.

Last edited:
EA is on a rip when it comes to failing MP games on PC....Titanfail, Hardflop and now Battlefront. None of them lasted longer than 6 months. Maybe people are finally starting to finally see these games for what they are, quick cash ins.

I think you are giving EA too much of the benefit of the doubt, I don't think its laziness....more a very deliberate modus operandi to casualise games whilst aiming to maximise monetisation of content by delivering a shell of a base game. EA knows exactly what it needs to do to deliver a game which encourages community and longevity, it just doesn't want to make those types of games anymore because it means handing control back to the community.
Lets be honest. Titanfall was shit before it landed. It was the shallowest of all shallows. EA didnt make the game, they just published it. Just like battlefront, they knew it would sell off of name alone so why not market the shit out of it.

They are planning on releasing dlc up to 2017? LoL

GG EA. There should be a ghost town dlc bc the population by then will be zero.

They are planning on releasing dlc up to 2017? LoL

GG EA. There should be a ghost town dlc bc the population by then will be zero.

i haven't played this game in quite a while. planning DLC up to 2017 is a bit.....ambitious.

Lets be honest. Titanfall was shit before it landed. It was the shallowest of all shallows. EA didnt make the game, they just published it. Just like battlefront, they knew it would sell off of name alone so why not market the shit out of it.
Titanfall was fun for about a week then it ran out of content. There was just nothing there really. It could have been way better if there were a ton more different mechs,no smart pistol, and more weapons. Destructible buildings would have been nice too.

Titanfall was fun for about a week then it ran out of content. There was just nothing there really. It could have been way better if there were a ton more different mechs,no smart pistol, and more weapons. Destructible buildings would have been nice too.
yup, exactly a week, when i realized that this game is very shallow. And havent touched it since. That was the first game where i thought i literally threw away $60.

If I wasnt so lazy, I would go back and look up my posts about this game back at release stating it was going to be Titanfall v2.0.......would die off within months and not be the hit that it COULD have been.

So unfortunate as with a few tweaks, this game could have been EPIC.

Just another EA/DICE turd though.

Wonder what epic piece of shit they will announce later this week for BFV lol.

Some of us enjoy it and some of us don't. Boo hoo.

Anywho..

New patch arriving this morning with a ton of tweaks...

If I wasnt so lazy, I would go back and look up my posts about this game back at release stating it was going to be Titanfall v2.0.......would die off within months and not be the hit that it COULD have been.

So you...want a cookie?

I liked Titanfall, but the lack of content made be feel ripped off. As a result I didn't buy Battlefront, because of the lack of content. I stand by that decision. Battlefront is like the multiplayer component of a story-driven single player game, but sold at full price. Maybe EA will learn and Titanfall 2 will be epic.

Some of us enjoy it and some of us don't. Boo hoo.

Anywho..

New patch arriving this morning with a ton of tweaks...

Any patch notes? I'm still loving this game

Kind of wish the haters would move on already. It's been out long enough if you don't like it move along

New patch today!! Has offline mode & co-op. You can choose a side and choose friendly fire. 40 players in map.

This is what should have shipped with the original game. Now my butt doesn't hurt so bad!

Hmm...are the bots any good?

This might actually motivate me to buy the game...at a heavily reduced price, of course.

Hmm...are the bots any good?

This might actually motivate me to buy the game...at a heavily reduced price, of course.
I only played 1 round so far on easy and they were pretty easy to kill. But there are lot of them coming at you at once so that kinda made up for it. You get these point tokens for killing each guy..1 for ez ones 2 for more skilled guys and the score goes to 100.

i know there is plenty of hate here for battlefront but the deathstar DLC is coming up :)

Also they are introducing (end of august I think) an offline mode with Bots and Splitscreen Coop which should make some of you happy, I know that was a big complaint from before

Sigh. So much potential and the game is just a pretty face.

I should be crapping my pants with joy over this DLC. Instead I am just saddened by the situation.

What could have been....In a Galaxy far, far, away....

I bought the DLC for half price on Sunday after playing the trial of the Bespin DLC. I had a blast playing Bespin, and I thought Outer Rim was pretty good too when they did the free trial of that. Today they released the Death Star DLC.

Couldn't wait to play it after playing Bespin for days straight and holy crap it's awful. You have to fight in space, then you get to shoot it out inside the Death Star, and then you have to do the trench run. It is excruciating playing through the space fight and then if you're rebels first you have to turn around and do it all over again as the Empire. I won't be playing this mode again.

Yeah. I never bought this and even the half price was too much bc of the dlc. Huge Star Wars fan but yeah. They really missed on this game. Could have been an all time great. Might get it in 2018 just to be a tourist in a ghost town.

its too bad you are missing out.. I have it on the PS4 and I've enjoyed ever star wars moment I've played .. lots of players, never a dull moment.. I'm sure when rogue one hits i'll be enjoying the moments in that DLC as well as enjoying the moving

I mean in reality a Huge Star Wars fan even enjoys Force Commander :) (I still spin up Yoda Stories every now and then as well :) )

So I was late on getting Battlefront, but I bought the base game around August this year (it was on sale for $20). I found it to be fun but it was a bit lacking in the Star Wars stuff. The first person combat is good but it is basically Battlefield Star Wars. The thing I think is most lacking with the base game is vehicle combat.

I got the Season Pass yesterday since it was on sale on Origin for $20 because I wanted to try out the Rogue One DLC (and Death Star but haven't tried it yet). After playing Rogue One DLC for a couple of hours last night I have to say I had a blast with the space battle part of the game. Aside from the fact that space combat should have been included in the base game it feels pretty well done and really makes the game what it should have been from the start. So I'd recommend the Season Pass right now while it's on sale for $20.

Have they allowed flying to actually give you full control yet? Its absurd that you can't do a basic aileron roll.

Have they allowed flying to actually give you full control yet? Its absurd that you can't do a basic aileron roll.

Sorta...to do an aileron roll you have to use the left or right D-pad. When you press L or R it just initiates the roll and does the full thing. So you don't really have complete roll control like you would in any flight sim. That said the dog fighting between X-wings and TIE fighters is pretty fun. It's definitely arcadey, though, so if you are expecting flight sim level air combat you may be disappointed.

Back