Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

Well whatever the review sites wanna give it that's fine I'm having a blast. It runs and looks amazing imo. Game is fun. I really don't know what people were expecting? Bf4.5 with star wars skins? That's what BF4 and next year BF 5 is for and I will play the shit out of that as well. Doesn't make this any less enjoyable or fun to me. It feels star warsy as hell to me and I love it. I feel like a little kid playing this game. In fact I kept saying to myself for the first 30 minutes or so ...what I wouldn't have done to have a game look and play like this when I was little and the orignal trilogy was out...man...lol.

Easily one of the smoother launches I can recall as well.

yeah they did a great job with the launch. i was able to fire it up right at 9pm PST and start playing immediately. no bugs/glitches and the game runs flawlessly. looks fantastic too.

Played about 30 minutes this morning on PC. I put about 12 hours combined in the alpha and beta. Very fun game. Runs great, looks great, and fixed some issues I had with the beta, including toggle zoom finally. I only played capture, which is more like a 2-way Rush from Battlefied, but very fun. It's just a fun mindless game that you can sit down and play for 20 minutes without thinking. As I am an older gamer with more responsibilities I enjoy those types of games more now than long, drawn out matches.

Can't wait to get home and put some real time into it!

Played a few hours last night and got to level 4. Played the crap out of the Beta and had a blast. I have to say the gameplay does get a little repetative especially with the same recycling maps....Endor looks fukin' amazing though on my Samsung JS9000. Overall, the game is fun, but I can see how EA milks every dime they can. I load into the Title screen and I get this gay icon on the left asking me to purchase the Season pass. Pretty lame...

So is there joystick support in this game?

Yeah..this game runs fukin flawless. I can use my mouse and KB and when I need to fly I just pick up my Xbox one controller from its cradle and turn it on and instant controller. Works awesome. Everything set to Ultra with FXAA and I am resolution scaling to 110% on 4k and my game stays pegged at 59.9 FPS and looks fukin' amazing at 4k on my Sammy TV. Even though EA sucks balls and tries to squeeze us like turnips...This game is bad ass!

I havnt really been following this thread but i started battlefront today and on high/ultra lighting its all screwed up and black, medium/low is fine..

Anyone else with that issue?

it could be crossfire causing it, i am uploading a video of it to youtube will post it later when i get back from picking my nieces up from school.

Question for those of you that have been playing it since last night: I'm on the fence whether to buy this or not. I played the beta and had a pretty good time and I've got a couple friends that pre-ordered it and are trying to convince me to join them. Thing is, I keep hearing the full game has very little content and isn't worth the $60 (or $120 for season pass) that EA is asking. So what are your thoughts, after the excitement of a shiny new game wears off, do you see much replay value with this game or is it headed the way of TitanFall?

I havnt really been following this thread but i started battlefront today and on high/ultra lighting its all screwed up and black, medium/low is fine..

Anyone else with that issue?

it could be crossfire causing it, i am uploading a video of it to youtube will post it later when i get back from picking my nieces up from school.

Definitely sounds like a driver issue. ATi support has been pretty bad for a while. i would try to do a clean install and see if that helps or disable crossfire and if the problem goes away, there you have it.

Question for those of you that have been playing it since last night: I'm on the fence whether to buy this or not. I played the beta and had a pretty good time and I've got a couple friends that pre-ordered it and are trying to convince me to join them. Thing is, I keep hearing the full game has very little content and isn't worth the $60 (or $120 for season pass) that EA is asking. So what are your thoughts, after the excitement of a shiny new game wears off, do you see much replay value with this game or is it headed the way of TitanFall?

It's all relevant dude. If you can afford it and 60$ doesn't kill your bank account then yeah this game is worth it. I love Start Wars in general so with the game play, music and ambiance, it was a no brainier for me. If money is tight then hold off until Black Friday or Steam sale perhaps

If you're on the fence, just wait for the inevitable $45 or cheaper deals. I don't see myself getting bored with this game anytime soon.

I am sorry but IMO, there isn't anything that feels like the old battlefront. Repair and ammo bots were very important to the originals. I don't like everyone having blasters to start. I liked the class based version a lot better. I understand why Dice had to change all that with time restraints and having to polish this and get it out the door in 2 years time, but TO ME, its not the battlefront I was looking for. I am glad I didn't pick up the $120 version. Cards??? Really? They said this wasn't battlefield, boy does it feel like it with all these unlocks and autoheals. 4 maps??? Feels like a ripoff to me. Nice and pretty for sure, no substance or sustainability. As an older gamer, I feel really REALLY let down. :(

Game is incredibly fun as expected. Easily one of the smoother launches I can recall as well.

Certainly the smoothest launch ever for a DICE game. Haven't encountered a single crash or bug in about 7 hours between last night and today. Runs better than BF4 on the same hardware. So all the "DICE games are always broken at launch" naysayers will have to find something else to complain about.

it's easily worth it to me, but i also only buy like 3 or 4 games a year so i don't mind paying $60 a pop. i predict the shelf life of this to be somewhere between Titanfall and BF4. my guess is there will be an active community until BF5 comes out, probably a much smaller one after that.

final answer: just buy it! it's fun. looks gorgeous too :D

Hmm, a lot of mixed reviews from critics. Seems like some people on here love it, while others hate it. I'm not a Star Wars fan at all, so I think I'll skip it. I think a lot of the super positive reviews might come from Star Wars fans.

4 maps? There's only 4 maps????

On the two 40 player modes, yeah.

:(
One critic said it best.

"To have your 2 best multiplayer modes yield only 4 maps, is like having a SP only game yield only a 4 hour campaign".

4 maps? There's only 4 maps????

No. There are 4-6 maps per mode, however some modes do use the same maps. So for example Drop Zone has 6 maps, Walker Assault has 4 maps, and they're all different.

So 12 total maps, and in 2 weeks they're adding 2 free ones (Battle of Jakku)

Last edited:
Sounds like not much has changed since the beta...pass.

Unfortunate because this game looks fucking fantastic graphically.

Sounds like not much has changed since the beta...pass.

Unfortunate because this game looks fucking fantastic graphically.

this is true, if you didn't like the beta you're not going to like the full blown game.

Is this mostly a MP game with a horrible SP thrown in (like CoD series)? I was looking into this game because I wanted a fun star wars story line game to play in SP.

it's almost completely MP. there's some 'missions' included which are wave-defense style games. no SP to speak of.

got the game deciding if i should keep it or sell it. got it using extra dell credit so i didnt pay much for it.
is the MP through its servers or can you setup a MP instance and limit it to friends?

I had a few lag spikes and I had flickering loading screens and menus but overall I'm more than pleased. I hope ATI gets some drivers out for my admittedly last crossfire setup. If you enjoy star wars games on any level then its a no brainer.

Laugh, those people on Metacritic are completely missing the point. All giving it a zero rating after an hour or two of game-play? Really? A ZERO? People are so annoying how they embellish freaking EVERYTHING.

A lot of complaints about no silly story mode single player. That's not what the freaking game is about. It's a multiplayer shooter game. I'm having tons of fun and it's one of the best looking and smoothest games ever made.

So is it easy to play with your friends? Cause that was a deal breaker in the beta.

The faq said you can join a party with up to 8 friends and end up on the same server on the same team? Does that work?

Are there squads? It was annoying not to know where you friend was by glancing on the mini map.

Can people join the group already playing on a server? My 2 friends join a server as a group. So my bro and I sometime later and want to join those 2 friends already playing? Can we just join them? Or do those 2 friends need to quit and we all join a party and queue up as a new group of 4.

So is it easy to play with your friends? Cause that was a deal breaker in the beta.

It works, but it could be better, as the "partner" system (basically 2-man squads) leaves something to be desired. I certainly wish there were squads like BF4.

The faq said you can join a party with up to 8 friends and end up on the same server on the same team? Does that work?

Yes, for anyone in your party that's already not in a game, the matchmaking will look for a server with enough empty slots to fit your party.

Are there squads? It was annoying not to know where you friend was by glancing on the mini map.

There aren't squads, but what's new since the beta is that anyone in your party will be a Green dot on the minimap, and I believe their outline in-game is also green. So in a few games last night, a few buddies and I were able to run as a group by glancing at the minimap when we got separated.

Can people join the group already playing on a server? My 2 friends join a server as a group. So my bro and I sometime later and want to join those 2 friends already playing? Can we just join them? Or do those 2 friends need to quit and we all join a party and queue up as a new group of 4.

Yes, joining games in progress has improved since the beta. However, it could be better, because right now if there aren't any free slots on your friend's team, it'll put you on the opposite team. In practice this hasn't happened too often and when I've joined on my friend I've ended up on same team, but I wish there was an option or setting to "Prefer to wait until slot opens up on friend's team" when you're in Queue. Hopefully this is the kind of stuff they can slowly fix/improve.

Laugh, those people on Metacritic are completely missing the point. All giving it a zero rating after an hour or two of game-play? Really? A ZERO? People are so annoying how they embellish freaking EVERYTHING.

A lot of complaints about no silly story mode single player. That's not what the freaking game is about. It's a multiplayer shooter game. I'm having tons of fun and it's one of the best looking and smoothest games ever made.

Metacritic is always like that...people don't like something, automatic zero. Don't bother using it for any semblance of accuracy.

As for no SP...Yeah, it's about MP, but why should I pay $60 for an MP only game when BF3 and BF4 had MP and (arguably mediocre) SP as well for the same price? Maybe that is what some of the complaints are about. To me that's a valid argument. I've been seeing the same criticism leveled at Rainbow Six: Siege.

I don't mind that EA dumbed down what you probably expect from their previous Battlefield games( Weapons are vast in numbers), but I feel 11 main weapons that you do get to use/unlock is rather lacking, especially since you have absolutely zero weapon customizations at all with anyone of them.
(Add/subtract scopes, bigger mags, camo, etc).

What you see is what you get. That's kind of lame. This also reduces replay value IMMENSELY IMO.
Dices Battlefield 4 makes progression a main reason for playing. You've unlocked one weapon, cool, now unlock its attachments. I'm surprised they didn't take this route.

BTW, Han Solo is a beast.

I've been seeing the same criticism leveled at Rainbow Six: Siege.

Well, as a long time Rainbow Six fan, I'm dissapointed in Seige and what it will be. I played the first Rainbow Six back in 1999/2000. I would sit at my brother-in-laws place and just plan my attacks. If you did it right, you'd never have to lift a finger. The game was about strategy and had a very robust SP. To me, Rainbow Six is a SP game. MP was additional.

Rogue Spear would be a game that I absolutely adored. Hell, I even enjoyed the Dreamcast version.

Definitely sounds like a driver issue. ATi support has been pretty bad for a while. i would try to do a clean install and see if that helps or disable crossfire and if the problem goes away, there you have it.

It's all relevant dude. If you can afford it and 60$ doesn't kill your bank account then yeah this game is worth it. I love Start Wars in general so with the game play, music and ambiance, it was a no brainier for me. If money is tight then hold off until Black Friday or Steam sale perhaps

it's easily worth it to me, but i also only buy like 3 or 4 games a year so i don't mind paying $60 a pop. i predict the shelf life of this to be somewhere between Titanfall and BF4. my guess is there will be an active community until BF5 comes out, probably a much smaller one after that.

final answer: just buy it! it's fun. looks gorgeous too :D

Money wasn't the problem, it was just whether the game was worth what they were asking based on the limited content. So I ended up getting the standard version and am enjoying the game just like I did the beta. It does seem like it will get old in a month or two but I'll worry about that when the time comes and one thing I do appreciate that some have criticized is that you don't have to grind through endlessly like Battlefield to unlock every little item--that's something I actually hate about Battlefield. Frostbite as usual does a great job with visuals and performance.

Last edited:
Maybe they should of stuck with a good single player campaign like KOTOR was and then added a Arena MP mode.

Maybe they should of stuck with a good single player campaign like KOTOR was and then added a Arena MP mode.

Then it wouldn't be a Battlefront game. Battlefront has always been a MP focused franchise. The single player was a glorified bot match. I kinda wonder how many people are playing this that never played the original games.

EA has the rights to Star Wars video games for 10 years. You can get your ass at some point we will see a single player focused game. I hope it's strictly single player. Let Battlefront continue to be their MP arm, and then do something else where 100% of the emphasis can be on a great campaign.

Back