Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

I've never used a vpn. I would assume there are free ones. Could u provide a quick tutorial and what you used? It would be appreciated. Also, do you have to connect via VPN every time you want to play battlefront? (I know 9PM PST, it will be a moot point...But i'd like to roll now if it's an easy enough thing to do

If I were you I would avoid the free VPN's, a lot of them are just honeypots. But if you're really hellbent on doing so, at least change your Origin password temporarily before connecting, and then once you don't need the VPN anymore (post-9PM tonight), change your Origin password back again. Only takes a few seconds to change passwords, there's no reason to take chances.

Anyone already playing have an opinion on the new feel of the Cycler? I saw in the change notes that bullet drop and slower projectile speed has been added to "make kills more deserving", but I'm curious by how much. Damn it was glorious fun in the beta.

Annnd... we're in. Just a few quick shots of Endor which don't do it justice, it's incredible both in the daytime and after the ToD changes into night.

SV4vqwP.jpg

st0z7Qh.jpg

G3t3ylF.jpg

dqSRFxP.jpg

how do the speeders work on the Endor map?...it's not on rails right. so you can go anywhere on them?...is it easy to use, dodging the trees etc?

how do the speeders work on the Endor map?...it's not on rails right. so you can go anywhere on them?...is it easy to use, dodging the trees etc?

They're not on rails, no. You can go anywhere, take it offroading, *but* if you get too far away from where you're supposed to be going then you get a 'Return To Combat' nag. They are absurdly fast, actually brought a smile to my face and I normally don't care about racing games.

Really tempted on doing the vpn trick. 4+ hours till game time.

Well you're not really missing out by waiting until 9, since the U.S. servers seem to be a ghosttown at the moment for Multiplayer. That's why I'm messing with solo missions.

Last edited:
I'm Pissed! Green Man Gaming ran out of Keys, I now have to wait 2 more days top get my key. Guess that is what I get for trying to save a few bucks.

Hi Diablo2k,

There’s been a disturbance in the force.

We know that Star Wars Battlefront is one of the most anticipated titles to be released this month, and we have seen an unprecedented demand from you; so much so that we have already exhausted our current stock of keys. This is an oversight on our part, and for that we are sincerely sorry.

What does this mean?

More keys are on their way to us, but the disappointing news is that some of your orders will only be fulfilled after release date. We are working with more distributors than ever to ensure that every single person who ordered Star Wars Battlefront will get their order within 48 hours of release. Many thousands of you will not be affected, but for those of you who might be, we apologise in advance.

Our guarantee:

We guarantee that every single person who has bought a copy of Star Wars Battlefront from us and receives this email will have their orders fulfilled and keys delivered before the end of THURSDAY 19TH NOVEMBER. Some of you will receive your key immediately, some a little later, but ALL orders will be fulfilled as promised.

We apologise for the inconvenience to you, so by our way of saying thanks for your patience and support, we would like to offer you a 30% off site-wide voucher, which will be delivered after we have fulfilled your order.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding

Its amazing, except the XB1 servers apparently aren't live yet, its not finding any games for me lol.

Meanwhile I'm twiddling my thumbs while it downloads cuz I decided to buy it an hour ago since I went from first no pre-order to nope not buying it to having my star wars loving self decide to get it

Just seen some copies at Walmart tonight on the shelf I might pick it up there and get my regular 10% discount. On lunch break at the moment.
I like the Screen blurring with Speeder bikes.

Been playing since launch time(about 4 hours)
And to be honest, half of the modes seem a tad dry.
The offline split screen mode "battles" is kind of shit. The AI is horrible and there are only 4 or 5 ai on each team. With the size of some of these maps, it feels too slow for a round that can take up to 10 minutes.

Walker Assault, Supremacy, Heroes and Villains and Blast are my top so far and I'm loving the hell out of them.

Unlocks are way pricier than they were in the beta but that's okay.

Items, weapons, perks and vehicles seem diverse enough and the heroes are all unique in their own way, which is awesome.

Overall, I'm satisfied.

I can't wait for my son and I to tear it up on here.

The flying controls are even worse than I remember. Looks like I'll need to get a controller if I want to handle that with any sense of coherence, lol.

edit: actually figured it out a little bit. I was making it practically unplayable because I was using A and D to move left and right instead of just relying on the mouse for lateral movement. Far better now!

Last edited:
So I pre-ordered from gmg a few weeks ago. No cd key on my email today and in fact no email from them at all. Wtf? In not happy right now.

Definitely need a controller for flying. I could fly well in BF4 but this is different. A controller it also feels more natural.

Game is fantastic. Can't wait for my jet pack again.

So I pre-ordered from gmg a few weeks ago. No cd key on my email today and in fact no email from them at all. Wtf? In not happy right now.

I preordered from GMG as well. They don't have enough keys. Will arrive no later than Friday morning

I cancelled my gmg pre order fuck that noise. Also called Amex to make sure i get my refund. Bought and downloading now from origin. Lesson learned regarding pre orders from gmg.

I cancelled my gmg pre order fuck that noise. Also called Amex to make sure i get my refund. Bought and downloading now from origin. Lesson learned regarding pre orders from gmg.

GMG is usually pretty on top of things. Sucks that it happened for Star Wars. Is this the first time it has happened from GMG?? I've never had a problem when I pre-ordered before. Granted, I don't pre-order much.

I'm sure it's not GMG's fault directly but rather that EA held off sending out keys for some reason. Also, let's remember that you could get a savings ordering through GMG so there is a tradeoff to some extent.

I'm Pissed! Green Man Gaming ran out of Keys, I now have to wait 2 more days top get my key. Guess that is what I get for trying to save a few bucks.

I got the same e-mail. I cancelled my order through them and got it from Origin. This was my first and last time I order from GMG. I am taking Thursday and Friday off from work to play and I didn't want to wait for some time on Thursday to get it. Worth paying the extra $15 bucks.

i played for about 3 hours last night, primarily Drop Zone and also a little Walker Assault. game is damn fun. i'm anxious to get more play time this weekend!

More or less my expectations although 6 seems pretty harsh.

This is what a 6 means on DToid

Amicable - A presentable but unmemorable time. Focusing on the bright spots helps, and I appreciate the effort, but I won't be playing this repeatedly.

Sounds pretty much like what the review was saying.

Too many gametypes and not enough focus/time on the core game mechanics. Another rushed game with too many fucking cooks in the kitchen. aka EA as usual.

Whatever, I was not expecting this game to be anything more than it is now. Not buying unless a miracle occurs and they actually finish the game.

BF4 was eventually mostly fixed so fingers crossed in 2 years or so we might have something here.

Enjoying this game a lot. Hands down best hero to play is Boba Fett, on Endor Forest. You are basically Predator since you can lurk around up high in the trees thanks to the jet pack, and just kill Rebels without it being obvious - he blends in. He's still fun on all the more open maps, but dies faster since everyone sees him and focus fires.

Since they (thankfully) changed Hero's since beta such that their health doesn't run out on a timer, I had a few runs where I was alive for 7+ minutes stalking and killing dudes, it was entertaining.

Game is incredibly fun as expected. Easily one of the smoother launches I can recall as well.

Back