Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

Don't worry...even if you have friends the system to play with them is beyond broken and/or counter intuitive. We spent about 45 minutes last night and never once managed to have all 3 of us on the same team at the same time...and only occasionally landed in the same server.

Garbage game is garbage. That was the nail in the coffin for me.

I agree. I think people just have some kind of Stockholm syndrome when it comes to Dice, Battle Front or Battlefield.

yeah, I just noticed on origin that theres now an ultimate edition for $120 and when I compared it to the $70 deluxe edition the difference is the season pass for $50. I hate to be one of those negative guys and as much as I enjoyed the game, the level of greed annoys me so much I'm debating on not bothering and passing on the entire thing.
EDIT: just made up my mind - passing on this game entirely based on cost.

Question: can you capture a pod while having the personal shield activated? I tried to verify this weekend, but died while trying to capture....damn nades! lol

PRO TIPS to capture heavily guarded pods:

From my experience most people that play Drop Zone don't use sniper(cycler rifle) and instead run w/ nade, shield and boost pack. This means that if your shield is up they will have to either nade you or run in close to bash(melee) you. Most of the time they rush in to bash you, that's when the below works out really good...

• activate shield and run 360's around the pod while capping it, if your getting rushed by enemies while still capturing the pod toss a nade at your feet right before it's captured and jump boost outta there before it blows, they walk right into it every time.
  • jump boost towards the pod, while in mid air evaluate the enemy positions and toss nade on the side of the pod that they will be coming towards you, take cover and side strafe back and forth rapidly on the other side of the pod while capturing it, the pod will give you cover from the blast.
  • Don't forget you can shoot while taking a pod, don't just stand there.
  • Start holding E before you even get to the pod, you don't hafta be right on it to capture it.

Some times you just need to kill yourself to clear it out for a teammate to take it. Almost all of my deaths come from capping pods. It's kinda like martyrdom, activate shield, toss a nade at your feet, run 360's lol hope for the best if it's crazy chaos by the pod.

Last edited:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-season-pass-ultimate-edition/1100-6431357/
EA at it again lol. They cut half the game away only to charge a DLC later for it...Its really all you gamers faults for buying this crap & fueling EA. Only product I ever owned from EA was 1942 & that was actually good.

Please. You show up whenever there's a big hyped game to bandwagon jump the fake outrage train. Like pooping up the Dark Souls 2 thread about how much it sucked, then later admitting you copy/pasted it from somewhere, never played the game and didn't even own a graphics card was particularly weird.

Back in reality, if nobody bought games and only bottomfed Origin freebies, there wouldn't be any.

Last edited:
can't believe people are still complaining about DLC.

The era of season passes is kinda lame/tragic and you wish it were different, but who actually gets surprised at this point that big new AAA's are going to have them.

Can always just play your Steam backlog and ignore new games.

Well $120 for a game is a bit much. Not getting it until they make changes that they will never make so yeah. Too bad so sad for me. Pity bc I really do not understand why they insist on utilizing matchmaking and cards aka titanfall. That game was a fail for me almost entirely due to the dumbass matchmaking.

Servers with admins and mods. Not hard to do ea.

Tip: Personal Shields are bugged if you buy more in-game. Like after buy some, it'll just show "0" in the game and they don't activate. The workaround is you have to buy them at the Main Menu. Then they'll stick.

Last edited:
Ladic: The season pass provides access to four expansion packs "coming at a later date." EA didn't provide any specifics regarding what these packs will consist of or how often they'll be released. It did, however, say they'll be "filled with new content that will take you to new locations across a galaxy far, far away," suggesting new maps will be a key component.
Basically they want to charge you later on for what they should have put in the original game, typical EA greed.
DPI: I own a Asus 970 GTX and have played battlefront.

@Porter Then don't get it. Nobody cares that you won't get it. I don't, and DICE certainly doesn't either.
You constantly throw negative effort towards a developer or game you could give two shits about. Why?
It destroys the fun factor of these threads.
Obviously Battlefront interests you, or else you wouldn't be here.
So tuck away the "I'm cool and DICE is shit ego" and just enjoy it for what it is.
A season pass from EA is as likely as anything. This should be no surprise, AT ALL!
And for $12.50 a pop, for a DLC, I'd say that's pretty damn reasonable.

With that said,
I'm wondering if they actually did/do have plans to bring some sort of space battles to the game?

Bug I found-

If you get out of the ATAT manually after your time expires, you won't be able to move.

Basically they want to charge you later on for what they should have put in the original game, typical EA greed.

The game hasn't even be released, how can you possibly make an accurate statement comparing what should have been in the game versus what is included as DLC down the road?

The principle of Season passes, DLC, etc is sad, , nobody disagrees there, but you're making all of the wrong arguments at the wrong time

It destroys the fun factor of these threads.

Whaaaaaat? As long as companies keep doing this, i'm gonna keep shit talking it. As long as you are swallowing it up (and in turn guaranteeing companies keep doing it), I'm going to shit talk you. Deal with it. You are as much a problem as EA is.

They can't even get hackers off their engine after FOUR titles. The same shit since the BF3 ALPHA.

Eshelmen: fighter squadron is the closest your going to get but I do not think it will be space battles like the older versions prob add it in a DLC later on.
Im just disappointed and feel this game could have ended up awesome if they did without the powerups, not being able to control the walkers, adding space battles, ect ect

Eshelmen: fighter squadron is the closest your going to get but I do not think it will be space battles like the older versions prob add it in a DLC later on.
Im just disappointed and feel this game could have ended up awesome if they did without the powerups, not being able to control the walkers, adding space battles, ect ect

Im just surprised in that this doesn't feel like it was developed by DICE at all. Its so simplified that it feels farmed.

Well $120 for a game is a bit much. Not getting it until they make changes that they will never make so yeah. Too bad so sad for me. Pity bc I really do not understand why they insist on utilizing matchmaking and cards aka titanfall. That game was a fail for me almost entirely due to the dumbass matchmaking.

Except it doesn't require $120 to get into the game. A rational person can buy the main game off a key reseller for $45, then wait to see what the DLC looks like before deciding to spend any more, and then get either individual DLC packs or Premium on sale too.

Servers with admins and mods. Not hard to do ea.

My personal preference would be for a server browser, but lack of one is not without without benefits: No admins/mods removes a lot of the annoying bullshit that often comes with custom servers -- No 12 year old badmins kick/banning you for killing them, no clan-run teamstacked farming servers with the entire clan on one side, no spammy point-boosting servers with lame rules (24/7 Metro Meatgrinder No Explosives Lol Get Ur Unlocks Here), no teamswitching to the winning side, etc.

DPI, what are you thinking is included with these 4 DLCs?
New game modes? or just maps?

Since this Battlefront is mainly focused on the multiplayer aspect, I don't expect much, if any at all, single player add ons.

I suppose that I should add that I was hoping against hope in regards to this game being played in competition. Having an organized scrimmage or match in this game would be amazing fun. Pity. Nothing quite like a big match.

DPI, what are you thinking is included with these 4 DLCs?
New game modes? or just maps?

Since this Battlefront is mainly focused on the multiplayer aspect, I don't expect much, if any at all, single player add ons.

If we look at DICE Stockholm's track record for BF3 and BF4 DLC's, I would be very surprised if the Battlefront DLC's didn't include new weapons, gadgets, vehicles, star cards, game modes and heroes in addition to obviously new maps. Each DLC won't necessarily contain all of those things though.

i tried out the beta and im disappointed by it.... the game visually is gorgeous.... some bugs aside, i just wish the gameplay was less lackluster... of course im only basing this on hoth... i still feel like im playing a modded version of battlefield :/

now reading the cost including the dlc ..... :(

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-season-pass-ultimate-edition/1100-6431357/
EA at it again lol. They cut half the game away only to charge a DLC later for it...Its really all you gamers faults for buying this crap & fueling EA. Only product I ever owned from EA was 1942 & that was actually good.

Sounds like your just hear to troll as usual....I think i spent around a hundred bucks on bf4 prem....and got 400 hundred hrs and going out of it...400 hours!!!!!:eek: I wish all my money was so well spent

i tried out the beta and im disappointed by it.... the game visually is gorgeous.... some bugs aside, i just wish the gameplay was less lackluster... of course im only basing this on hoth... i still feel like im playing a modded version of battlefield :/

now reading the cost including the dlc ..... :(

I felt the same way at first but we are playing a game from the same company and on the same engine as Battlefield. Not sure why I expected anything different than an Arcady Star Wars game (which is fine to me).

I think I'd enjoy Endor a lot more... I hate snipers. Guess we'll find out! I have been having a blast being a douchebag flanking / flying. You can fly in the cockpit and you blasters actually go where you shoot! You can skim the ground too. I wonder if this works in the AT AT, I'll have to look.

yeah, I just noticed on origin that theres now an ultimate edition for $120 and when I compared it to the $70 deluxe edition the difference is the season pass for $50. I hate to be one of those negative guys and as much as I enjoyed the game, the level of greed annoys me so much I'm debating on not bothering and passing on the entire thing.
EDIT: just made up my mind - passing on this game entirely based on cost.

EA loves doing this with their showcase games, even Titanfall had a Deluxe and Ultimate edition...actually a lot of developers seem to be doing this nowadays...if Bethesda can have a Fallout 4 Pip-Boy edition which I think looks corny then more power to EA...but they blew a golden opportunity to create a really special Collector's Edition...the mini-fridge Collector's version looks stupid...I did see a special edition that comes with a Stormtrooper/Boba Fett helmet which looked cooler

I like Battlefront and I'm 70/30 towards buying the base game but no way in hell am I paying $120 for any Special Edition...only 'Collector's' edition of a game I ever bought was the Dark Souls 2 one for $100+ and I don't regret it...the 12" warrior knight figurine looks bad-ass on my shelf

I still can't get this damn game to work. Windows 7 I was getting the black screen.. Now Windows 10 I ran for like 2 minutes then locked up. Now I can get it to open and to the screen to select something then it locks and pegs my cpu at 100% and won't do anything and the music stops. Any ideas? I have a intel G3258 and SLI 970's. When the game was running that one time it ran perfect. And my system run's BF4 fine. Just can't figure out why this game won't run at all. I know it's beta but damn.

whats a season pass do?

In this game?

Split the community, kill the game fast.

Never mind that the lack of dedicated servers, bad spawning/balance, small maps, low player counts, no weapon customization, and no squad-based play is already going to do that.

It is all a money grab to get their investment back plus a lot just because 'Star Wars'.

I am expecting Evolve/Titanfall levels of longevity.

I still can't get this damn game to work. Windows 7 I was getting the black screen.. Now Windows 10 I ran for like 2 minutes then locked up. Now I can get it to open and to the screen to select something then it locks and pegs my cpu at 100% and won't do anything and the music stops. Any ideas? I have a intel G3258 and SLI 970's. When the game was running that one time it ran perfect. And my system run's BF4 fine. Just can't figure out why this game won't run at all. I know it's beta but damn.

Is that cpu enough to run the game?

only thing I haven't mastered in the beta is the Snow Speeder toe cable...I've never actually done it...flying in general is awkward with kb/m but I don't want to switch to a controller for just that 1 part

biggest problem the game will face is that Fallout 4 is coming out 1 week earlier...

...24/7 Metro Meatgrinder No Explosives Lol Get Ur Unlocks Here...

Straying a bit off topic, but that just illustrates how broken the unlock system is. Stuffing MMO/WoW/phone game mechanics into a AAA shooter is down right stupid.

In this game?

Split the community, kill the game fast.

Never mind that the lack of dedicated servers, bad spawning/balance, small maps, low player counts, no weapon customization, and no squad-based play is already going to do that.

It is all a money grab to get their investment back plus a lot just because 'Star Wars'.

I am expecting Evolve/Titanfall levels of longevity.

I heavily disagree. Comparing Evolve to Star Wars is like comparing a Datsun to a Ferrari.
Evolve whored everything out as a single purchase. $10 here, another $8 here and so on and so on. That's what killed the game.
The excitement was there, and then they decided to take the extreme route of whoring everything out.

EA/Dice is of course a business, and you just can't expect one of the top money makers in the industry, to just give hand outs for free. On top of that, Star Wars, is the most whored out category in the entertainment industry, period.

Star Wars-
For 30+ years, every possible game, toy, paraphernalia has been made, and it still continues.....why? Because it is incredibly popular. You have the biggest name in game development, team up with the biggest name in Hollywood, this is a win for both, and its fans.

I highly doubt Battlefront will lose most of its popularity in a few months, why? Because it's extremely popular.

There are indeed things about the beta that shows us what the gameplay will be like, and what extras will be brought to the table.(And it seems the majority of fans are still excited, if not, more excited) It also shows some changes that Dice usually doesn't resort too, such as having no server browser, no squads either, which i would have loved.
But Battlefront, for what it is, is going to sell very well.

All Dice has done, is release a season pack. They haven't added single items to buy, no single heroes to purchase like what Evolve did and they are constantly updating their fans VIA Twitter, Facebook, and even on their forums. I believe they are doing a fine job on viewing and listening to our feedback.

As for Battlefield goes, they aren't pushing it away, they are still making community events, still adding new things to the game and have more future ideas to add to the game as well. This should hint atleast a little bit about their care for their customers.

Dice isn't perfect, but they are much better than UBIsoft is by any stretch. So they're releasing new titles each year now, but atleast they're changing their formula that works and aren't scared to work out of their comfort zone. For that, I admire them.

No matter what Dice brings to the table, someone will be upset or dissapointed at them. Oh well, that's life. But to think a highly marketed, anticipated and fabulous looking Star Wars game is going to be unpopular soon after release? I think not.

Last edited:
biggest problem the game will face is that Fallout 4 is coming out 1 week earlier...

On the other hand, Fallout 4 doesn't have a megablockbuster tie-in movie coming out a few weeks later. I don't think there's too much overlap between the Fallout 4 and SW:BF gaming audiences. A lot of younger gamers in particular will latch onto Star Wars but don't have a clue what Fallout is.

That said, I'll definitely be living inside Fallout 4 for at least a month, peeking out only occasionally to play a few rounds of Battlefront.

Last edited:
On the other hand, Fallout 4 doesn't have a megablockbuster tie-in movie coming out a few weeks later. I don't think there's too much overlap between the Fallout 4 and SW:BF gaming audiences. A lot of younger gamers in particular will latch onto Star Wars but don't have a clue what Fallout is

I think there's almost zero overlap between the movie and the game...it's a nice tie-in but the game would have been just as popular no matter when it was released...same goes for the movie...movie fans and gaming fans are 2 separate fan bases...I don't think more people are going to buy the game just because Force Awakens is coming out in December...Fallout 4 has the bigger gaming fan base so will most likely be more popular...I think Battlefront will sell really well but not sure if it'll beat Fallout 4 sales

I heavily disagree. Comparing Evolve to Star Wars is like comparing a Datsun to a Ferrari.
Evolve whored everything out as a single purchase. $10 here, another $8 here and so on and so on. That's what killed the game.
The excitement was there, and then they decided to take the extreme route of whoring everything out.

EA/Dice is of course a business, and you just can't expect one of the top money makers in the industry, to just give hand outs for free. On top of that, Star Wars, is the most whored out category in the entertainment industry, period.

Star Wars-
For 30+ years, every possible game, toy, paraphernalia has been made, and it still continues.....why? Because it is incredibly popular. You have the biggest name in game development, team up with the biggest name in Hollywood, this is a win for both, and its fans.

I highly doubt Battlefront will lose most of its popularity in a few months, why? Because it's extremely popular.

There are indeed things about the beta that shows us what the gameplay will be like, and what extras will be brought to the table.(And it seems the majority of fans are still excited, if not, more excited) It also shows some changes that Dice usually doesn't resort too, such as having no server browser, no squads either, which i would have loved.
But Battlefront, for what it is, is going to sell very well.

All Dice has done, is release a season pack. They haven't added single items to buy, no single heroes to purchase like what Evolve did and they are constantly updating their fans VIA Twitter, Facebook, and even on their forums. I believe they are doing a fine job on viewing and listening to our feedback.

As for Battlefield goes, they aren't pushing it away, they are still making community events, still adding new things to the game and have more future ideas to add to the game as well. This should hint atleast a little bit about their care for their customers.

Dice isn't perfect, but they are much better than UBIsoft is by any stretch. So they're releasing new titles each year now, but atleast they're changing their formula that works and aren't scared to work out of their comfort zone. For that, I admire them.

No matter what Dice brings to the table, someone will be upset or dissapointed at them. Oh well, that's life. But to think a highly marketed, anticipated and fabulous looking Star Wars game is going to be unpopular soon after release? I think not.

I can hope it bombs on PC but too many EA lap dags will still purchase the turd.

Back